If you didn't catch Matthew Mcconaughey from the White House breifing room, live, You need to

I cannot post the video, not out yet, but it will undoubtedly be available later. No matter what side of the gun debate, or what party you belong to, or like me, not a party member, you need to see his presentation, on the Uvalde shooting and his plea for reforms to stop this ongoing carnage across our country.

As a gun owner, raised with guns, trained to be responsible with weapons by my own dad, I can say I support his message of being able to advance legislation that will move us forward and indeed make the 2nd amendment even more relevant, than we are being sold by both sides of the political divide. Saying the 2nd amendment is paramount to considerations of protecting our kids, our schools, our churches, our public spaces, must take precedence. To do otherwise, out of hand, as usual is bullshit.
View attachment 655065Watch live: Actor Matthew McConaughey joins White House press briefing on guns
Can you give a bullet point run down of what he's proposing? I watched the first 5 minutes and from that assume there's maybe 2-3 minutes of actual content and 18-19 minutes of pulling on heart strings. I'd rather just know what's being proposed without all the bullshit. He should have lead with the BLUF.

it was a moving speech he made ...
Hollywood assholes make their living being convincing.

Doesn't change the fact he is a shrill for the dipshits in this country that want to take the right to keep and bear arms away.

He is pretty well washed up as an actor. Now the sonofabitch is using the tragedy of children being killed to get into politics. Shame!

Meanwhile he made a ton of money shooting guns.

78vl.gif

Can you give a bullet point run down of what he's proposing? I watched the first 5 minutes and from that assume there's maybe 2-3 minutes of actual content and 18-19 minutes of pulling on heart strings. I'd rather just know what's being proposed without all the bullshit. He should have lead with the BLUF.
Not really. I caught the whole thing, but not good at remembering point by point. I will look for transcript. Like you, I often prefer printed for easier reference, and exact clarity to avoid problems.

Not really. I caught the whole thing, but not good at remembering point by point. I will look for transcript. Like you, I often prefer printed for easier reference, and exact clarity to avoid problems.

The Money Shot...

"We need background checks," he said from the lectern. "We need to raise the minimum age to purchase an AR-15 rifle to 21. We need a waiting period for those rifles. We need red flag laws and consequences for those who abuse them."

Ten pounds of Gun Grabber stuffed into a five pound sack.

Nothing he suggested struck me as unreasonable. Except for maybe the Red Flag Laws. I get it, but I have an issue with someone losing a Constitutional right without due process. Add in the fact that it would not be beyond the realm of possibilities that a spiteful ex could abuse the system... I guess I'm on the fence in regard to Red Flag laws...

If you didn't catch Matthew Mcconaughey from the White House breifing room, live, You need to​

Sorry but just as bands refused to play at Trump events, dress makers refused to make gowns for First Lady Melania, just as stations refused to carry Trump's speeches, I have a total blackout on all things coming out of the White House now especially from Hollywood flakes, until we get an actual, real, bonafide elected president and leader in the White House who has the People's backs.

There wasn't a lot of red meat in there, most of it was an emotive plea, for incremental change. It really was a plea, to unite the middle. I was glad there was no call for an all out ban on assault weapons. Given he is against vaccine mandates, and giving jabs to kids? I really do think he is independent minded, and not a propaganda tool of the establishment on this. . .

Here is what I have gathered from various sources;

“We need background checks, we need to raise the minimum age to purchase an AR-15 rifle to 21, we need a waiting period for those rifles, we need red flag laws and consequences for those who abuse them.”

But, it is more than just gun control. . .

". . . In a seeming concession to Republicans, he acknowledged that gun control alone would not solve the crisis of gun violence. “We need to invest in mental healthcare. We need safer schools,” McConaughey said. “We need to restrain sensationalized media coverage. We need to restore our family values. We need to restore our American values. And we need responsible gun ownership.”

"We need background checks," he said from the lectern. "We need to raise the minimum age to purchase an AR-15 rifle to 21. We need a waiting period for those rifles. We need red flag laws and consequences for those who abuse them."

The Money Shot...

Ten pounds of Gun Grabber stuffed into a five pound sack.

We already have background checks.

A state that has a drinking age of 21 could also apply that to the purchase of an AR-15 type.

Some states already have red flag laws but they need to be done in a judicial setting and not by some bureaucrats. And the feds have no reason to attempt to impose a national red flag law.

How about they do some of this stuff for people who want to buy legal marijuana? We know that marijuana cause psychosis in ~17% of users, so a psych evaluation should be required. And wasn't the Uvalde shooter a pothead?

He is talking for gun owners? No gun owner I ever listen to talk talks like this. Does he own a gun? When he starts talking about what the government is going to do about criminals and guns instead of hurting legal gun owners. Then maybe I will listen.
I am a gun owner, about all my life. I built my AR from the ground up, and it is hardly the only gun own. Give it a listen.

The debate and appropriate application of regulation, does not take place, as it is cut off by the supposed supremacy of the 2nd amendment, as if doing anything negates it, but it doesn't and never did. What we are paying for in carnage has to be addressed. We are electing representatives to do something, yet they are stymied at even having the conversation. McConaughey is correct. Responsible gun owners are closer together on knowing something must be done than we are being told and sold by media, the loudmouths and the NRA. It is not a partisan issue it is literally, day by day becoming and has become a survival issue, honest middle of the road loyal Americans want addressed.
i doubt it. he still has not said what he will do about criminals and guns. Do you think a criminal with a gun it going to try to get one legally. The laws wont do a thing for them. Only hurt legal gun owners who are not the problem.

Forum List

Back