If you didn't catch Matthew Mcconaughey from the White House breifing room, live, You need to

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 10, 2019
I cannot post the video, not out yet, but it will undoubtedly be available later. No matter what side of the gun debate, or what party you belong to, or like me, not a party member, you need to see his presentation, on the Uvalde shooting and his plea for reforms to stop this ongoing carnage across our country.

As a gun owner, raised with guns, trained to be responsible with weapons by my own dad, I can say I support his message of being able to advance legislation that will move us forward and indeed make the 2nd amendment even more relevant, than we are being sold by both sides of the political divide. Saying the 2nd amendment is paramount to considerations of protecting our kids, our schools, our churches, our public spaces, must take precedence. To do otherwise, out of hand, as usual is bullshit.
1654628733544.png
Watch live: Actor Matthew McConaughey joins White House press briefing on guns

Last edited by a moderator:

He is talking for gun owners? No gun owner I ever listen to talk talks like this. Does he own a gun? When he starts talking about what the government is going to do about criminals and guns instead of hurting legal gun owners. Then maybe I will listen.

You write:

Saying the 2nd amendment is paramount to considerations of protecting our kids, our schools, our churches, our public spaces, must take precedence. To do otherwise, out of hand, as usual is bullshit.​

What is that supposed to mean?

By the way, you should merge this thread with yours:

Just saying.

He is talking for gun owners? No gun owner I ever listen to talk talks like this. Does he own a gun? When he starts talking about what the government is going to do about criminals and guns instead of hurting legal gun owners. Then maybe I will listen.
Anecdotes are so useful.

I cannot post the video, not out yet, but it will undoubtedly be available later. No matter what side of the gun debate, or what party you belong to, or like me, not a party member, you need to see his presentation, on the Uvalde shooting and his plea for reforms to stop this ongoing carnage across our country.

As a gun owner, raised with guns, trained to be responsible with weapons by my own dad, I can say I support his message of being able to advance legislation that will move us forward and indeed make the 2nd amendment even more relevant, than we are being sold by both sides of the political divide. Saying the 2nd amendment is paramount to considerations of protecting our kids, our schools, our churches, our public spaces, must take precedence. To do otherwise, out of hand, as usual is bullshit.
View attachment 655065Watch live: Actor Matthew McConaughey joins White House press briefing on guns
Who cares he is an actor with writers to write his speeches.

You write:

Saying the 2nd amendment is paramount to considerations of protecting our kids, our schools, our churches, our public spaces, must take precedence. To do otherwise, out of hand, as usual is bullshit.​

What is that supposed to mean?
The debate and appropriate application of regulation, does not take place, as it is cut off by the supposed supremacy of the 2nd amendment, as if doing anything negates it, but it doesn't and never did. What we are paying for in carnage has to be addressed. We are electing representatives to do something, yet they are stymied at even having the conversation. McConaughey is correct. Responsible gun owners are closer together on knowing something must be done than we are being told and sold by media, the loudmouths and the NRA. It is not a partisan issue it is literally, day by day becoming and has become a survival issue, honest middle of the road loyal Americans want addressed.

Who cares he is an actor with writers to write his speeches.
Normally, I would agree, but not this time. He is from Uvalde, I am not, but it looks like he was brought up as I and I agree with his speech and chose to bring it to the message board for consideration.

Forum List

Back