Small, well-built Chinese EV called the Seagull poses a big threat to the US auto industry...while USA by 2034 will need 71,026,000,000,000 kWh!

Fear not my little buddy, both Trump and Biden will tariff the fuck out of any such thing, we the people will not be allowed to choose for ourselves.

It’s estimated that electricity consumption in the UK and US will increase by approximately 50% by 2036 and more than double by 2050.

50% in 12 years not 1600% in 10 years?

I told you to stop posting your enormous math errors.
There was NO MATH ERROR!!! What is 17 times 4,178,000,000,000 kWh... where is the math error which you claim was an enormous "math error"!
NOW my error was a reading error. NOT a "enormous MATH error"!

Well remember the issue is NOT the cost of the EV folks!
It is this FACT!

Is America running out of electrical power?​

The nation's power grid appears to be reaching critical levels due to emerging technologies
It has been estimated that more than 300 million people in the U.S. and Canada could face power shortages
There have also been warnings from tech moguls such as Elon Musk, who has stated that the United States is primed to run out of electricity and transformers for artificial intelligence in 2025.
"demand for industrial power is surging to record highs, with the projection of electricity use for the next decade (2034)...now 17 times what it was only recently," Evan Halper said for The Washington Post. Northern Virginia "needs the equivalent of several large nuclear power plants to serve all [its] new data centers," Halper said, while Texas faces a similar problem.
So folks here is what the idiot Biden "GUARANTEES while experts say electricity usage which is 4,178,000,000,000 kWh in 2023...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).
Guaranteeing 2,580,300,000,000 kWh from fossil fuel electric plants will HAVE to BE REPLACED and how?
This dumb ass promises that 50% of cars/light vehicles (what about semis-trucks!) be EV by 2030 adding another Trillion kW !
https://www.energy.gov/sites/default/files/2022-06/USEER 2022 Fact Sheet.pdf
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019,

So now is there more DEMAND from EVs, Cryptomining, AI, etc... of 17 times MORE than now???
71,026,000,000,000 kWh by 2034!!!

People are literally stupid if they want to buy a Chinese EV, which the Chinese will ultimately have control over and be able to hack into at will.

So there was only a small overall electricity use increase while we've put 2.5 million EV's on the road, and thats without even touching the fact that most of that electricity use is in the off hours.
YOU say "most in off hours". So do most people live in places where electric chargers are located?

There was NO MATH ERROR!!! What is 17 times 4,178,000,000,000 kWh... where is the math error which you claim was an enormous "math error"!
NOW my error was a reading error. NOT a "enormous MATH error"!

There was a reading error.

in Georgia, "demand for industrial power is surging to record highs, with the projection of electricity use for the next decade now 17 times what it was only recently,"

And then you took that to mean total US electricity use would be 17 times current use,
within ten years. Which is a massive logical error, because, that's what you do, you're a moron.

Stop posting any of your "calculations", you're too dumb to pull it off.

Off the top of my head, lets start with the basics, shall we. healthymyths means well and usually he is on to something.

A Watt is a unit of measure to sum up the total power delivered to any load. Power = Volts*Current.
A KW is 1000 Watts. Therefore a KW/hr is 1000 Watts of continuous power a to a load (a house) for 1 hour.
Picture 10 100W light bulbs lit up in a home. That takes 1000W to drive all of them.
110Vrms, or ~10A rms continuous delivered to the home. Yes, Mom was no dummy yelling "turn them lights off now!"
Also of note....if you plugged all ten into one house outlet with a 10A breaker in the garage....you may trip the breaker?

There is 60hz single phase power (mostly home 110V lines I think), and there is three-phase higher voltage power (commercial use). Maybe the Electric dryer outlet in your home comes from this sort of line from PG&E? I need to look into it.

**stay tuned, don't go away, be right back.

In the US the residential supply is 240V and anywhere from 100–200amp.

240V (RMS between two wires, third wire is GND). This allows you to have both 240V AC and 120V AC (after a XFMER).

**We will concentrate on one phase 120V wires and the GND wire.
of note: 120V is RMS......of a sine wave coming in. The peak voltage of the sine wave is ~168V. RMS is used as a measure to deliver power. 120Vrms* 10A = 1200W.

The current will flow from one wire (HOT) in the plug thru the appliance then back thru the other wire (Neutral). If your bulb is "ON" it takes current flow thru it to light up. The Voltage (pressure) will force electrons to flow thru when the load is connected across the two wires coming to the plug in your wall.

The third wire (in the plug) is GND and is for safety. If the Voltage to the appliance got exposed the the case...the case is grounded and would trip the breaker for an example. Connect or short any wire to GND and max current will flow immediately as the load is ~zero (to any GND point).

also of note is GND and NEUTRAL will connect together back at the fuse box. WHY? Because current flows in one wire HOT and out the other wire Neutral.....you don't have three-wire circuits.

There was a reading error.

in Georgia, "demand for industrial power is surging to record highs, with the projection of electricity use for the next decade now 17 times what it was only recently,"

And then you took that to mean total US electricity use would be 17 times current use,
within ten years. Which is a massive logical error, because, that's what you do, you're a moron.

Stop posting any of your "calculations", you're too dumb to pull it off.
And stop being an idiot using a mistake on my part as a "MATH" problem! I agree I was wrong to assume the 17 times was for total USA and that was a mistake no question. BUT YOU made a mistake and YOU are not a big enough mentally to admit YOUR error. MY error was NOT a math error. Math is MATH... 17 times 4,178,000,000,000 is indisputable !
71,060,000,000,000 kWh and I wasn't wrong on the math as you stupidly and ignorantly accused me of being!
That was a READING error on YOUR part! Are you mentally competent to admit you were wrong?

YOU say "most in off hours". So do most people live in places where electric chargers are located?
…wtf?

Yes, they have electric chargers in their driveways. Like your phone, you plug in and when you wake up your car is full.

Last edited:
…wtf?

Yes, they have electric chargers in their driveways. Like your phone, you plug in and when you wake up your car is full.
Yea.... so where does the electricity come from for the CHARGERS??? GEEZ... Oh I guess you think it's MAGIC!!!
It takes FACTS to understand that :
A) 4,178,000,000,000 Total kWh total generated in 2023, of electricity were generated at utility-scale electricity generation facilities in the United States.
B) Today, there are approximately 11,000 utility-scale electric power plants in the U.S. that generate that electricity.
C) Now dummies like you just plug in right??? How do you get that electricity to the charger?
The electric power distribution system in the U.S. has over 5.5 million line-miles with over 180 million power poles

NOW for someone like you who says..."Just plug it in"
Even if you have a charger... YOU have to plug the charger into something that has access to the grid where the electricity is Generated!!! Do you understand??? Naw... you don't because you just flip a switch !

…wtf?

BS. Not many would have a charger "in their driveway". Why don't you stuff it ARSE-Jack. Inside a garage yes, EV car owners typically have a charger.. Why do you have to involve yourself with something you don't know about? Always spinning or pushing the commee party line. (EV is good for global warming so I will lie any chance I get).

Yea.... so where does the electricity come from for the CHARGERS??? GEEZ... Oh I guess you think it's MAGIC!!!

Moron, you asked if they live next to chargers and I explained to you that yes, in fact they do live next to the chargers in their driveways.

At no point did I ever suggest that electricity doesn't come from somewhere, or would not be reflected in the overall electricity used.

And stop being an idiot using a mistake on my part as a "MATH" problem! I agree I was wrong to assume the 17 times was for total USA and that was a mistake no question. BUT YOU made a mistake and YOU are not a big enough mentally to admit YOUR error. MY error was NOT a math error. Math is MATH... 17 times 4,178,000,000,000 is indisputable !
71,060,000,000,000 kWh and I wasn't wrong on the math as you stupidly and ignorantly accused me of being!
That was a READING error on YOUR part! Are you mentally competent to admit you were wrong?

I don't quite remember the entire argument but I thought he was implying it was 17X spread out over 10 years and not all in the first year? so maybe 1.7X in the first year. If I am wrong tell me and I will delete this post.

Moron, you asked if they live next to chargers and I explained to you that yes, in fact they do live next to the chargers in their driveways.

At no point did I ever suggest that electricity doesn't come from somewhere, or would not be reflected in the overall electricity used.

There are few chargers out in private driveways. Do you expect CA to allow cables and electricity lying about where Children play? Where thieves can cut in and steal the copper for their next dime bag?

You are not trusted. And if forced on us all it will be proven why.

There are few chargers out in private driveways. Do you expect CA to allow cables and electricity lying about where Children play? Where thieves can cut in and steal the copper for their next dime bag?

You don't know wtf you are talking about. There are no problems with chargers in the driveways or garages and most EV owners have one.

Juicebox-Bolt-driveway.jpg

2022Wallbox-Charger-1.jpg

wallconnectorzoomedout-jpg.386198

Last edited:

So you've made dozens of math errors and one reading error.

Congrats?

You don't know wtf you are talking about. There are no problems with chargers in the driveways or garages and most EV owners have one.

Juicebox-Bolt-driveway.jpg

2022Wallbox-Charger-1.jpg

wallconnectorzoomedout-jpg.386198
So these above pictures do NOT show any generating capability! Where does the electricity come from?
There is no need to do anything to add electricity to the home users. No additional cables, etc.
But where will the electricity come from? NEW generating plants and who will pay for them?
There are at least 3 sources of electricity demand that didn't exist 10 years!
1) Cryptocurrency requires yhe fact is that even the most efficient Bitcoin mining operation takes roughly 155,000 kWh to mine one Bitcoin. By way of comparison, the average US household consumes about 900 kWh per month.

2) Artificial Intelligence computing... requires..

The AI Boom Could Use a Shocking Amount of Electricity​

Powering artificial intelligence models takes a lot of energy. A new analysis demonstrates just how big the problem could become.

NVIDIA shipping 1.5 million AI server units per year by 2027. These 1.5 million servers, running at full capacity, would consume at least 85.400,000,000,000 KW-hours of electricity annually
The United states used: 4,178,000,000,000 Total kWh total generated in 2023,
3) EVs will be the least consuming of electricity.

So you've made dozens of math errors and one reading error.

Congrats?
You know you are truly stupid! Prove to me that the math was wrong!
First of all... let's do a test on you...
Which of these simple multiplication are math errors?
17 X 4,180,000,000,000 = 71,060,000,000,000
or
17 X 4,180,000,000,000 = 61,060,000,000,000

What is the error in that?

Something like this car could finally jar American manufacturers into realistic approaches to increasing alternative energy vehicles.

Forum List

Back