If you need the government's permission to exercise a right... it is not a right after all

Freedom of association should easily cover the marriage issue…
I dunno. That's usually first amendment and right to associate with things like student christian groups.

Although the marriage issue probably arouse in Zablocki v. Redhail where a state tried to condition getting married on having some certificate that you had paid all support due for other kids.

But then states can no longer forcibly castrate and neuter the mentally disabled because of Skinner v. Oklahoma. procreation is fundamental right as old as man. lol

I think hugo is interested in a gotcha game of "where does the constitution expressly say "abortion." But rights he commonly enjoys are also inferred. What made Roe different, and susceptable to theorcrat revisionism, is that it and the right to contraception were found to stem from a right of privacy.

hmmm.
parade permits
marriage license
voter ID
Tax ID for opening a biz
Bank disclosures of acct withdrawls
Warrentless spying on internet
restrictions on putting waste in streams
hunting
etc
thanks for reminding us of how little freedom we have

unless we want the freedom to kill our children.. Then freedom is a good thing...

:rolleyes:

everytime we allowed them to issue licenses or continuing education requirements or fees or business licenses, or fishing/hunting permits we gave them a little more power until they were able to control us by controlling business, medical, travel, entertainment. It's our own damn fault.
well, what could we have done?

I don't think we ever in the past had much more power than we do today..

(of course that's a hard thing to prove... not having been alive 100 years ago)

What I really hate is food that's been inspected.
yeh, i hear ya.. the inspector may have contaminated it... may have had covid... (but just being someone from the gummit would contaminate it enough, it seems)

parade permits
marriage license
voter ID
Tax ID for opening a biz
Warrentless spying on internet
hunting
etc

Which Amendments protect those 'rights'?
voter ID is not a permit to vote...

and there are probably othe things on this list that are bogus.. but... we have come to expect bogus from libs...

If you need the government's permission to exercise a right... it is not a right after all

For some reason, this stuck in my head after a poster (name? can't recall) said this. I'm trying to figure out if background checks for gun-buyers is ... gummit permission? But it is looking like it to me.. convince me otherwise if you can

In any case, I totally agree that if the gummit puts restrictions on any right, meaning unreasonable ones that interfere with the spirit of the 2nd Amendment, then you do not have that right like you think. The thought occurs to me that X restriction today leads to Y restriction tomorrow until... voila'... you wake up one day and all the guns Americans used to own are now in the hands of

OMG

the commies who rule over us
In America our rights come from a 'Creator' who is (or was) recognized as the objective moral authority from which human rights come. Our Constitution was meant to ensure those rights over human edict. We have lost that connection today so, we are subject to the relative morality of those in power.

Inspector....given the job for political favors? The left hires people who hate this country and americans...you think they care if americans die?? Then there's just plain incompetence and people who don't give a damn what kind of job they do. Its a goobermint yob after all.

Last edited:
I've been saying this for years.

I always thought it was funny that the die hard 2A supporters bragged about getting their OC/CC permits.

For the record, I support the 2A. But I don't support people like Ramos getting their hands on a gun. I'm not one of those "Kill my kids, but don't take my guns" nut cases.
I don't think many of those exist.

but of course the media would have u believe otherwise... Ah... the good old media... they have us all brainwashed to one extent or another.

In America our rights come from a 'Creator' who is (or was) recognized as the objective moral authority from which human rights come. Our Constitution was meant to ensure those rights over human edict. We have lost that connection today so, we are subject to the relative morality of those in power.
well said, totally correct.

That is one reason the late Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre hated Vatican II (the liberal Council) which basically teaches that MAN rules.. everyone's religion is as good as any other.. that Christianity is not superior (anymore), and no government should have to follow ... OMG! JESUS and His Commandments..

Lefebvre was a prophet who saw where all the insanity leads... I mean, but really: Who couldn't really see anyway? It was right there b4 our eyes.. where this kind of anarchy leads.. The thing is, most clergy just caved into the liberal bs of Vatican II... even if they didn't like it.. the old go along to get along thing.. the highway to Hell (Jesus said few make it there.. Mt 7, Lk 13)

To me Lefebvre is a saint.

He is certainly someone who followed Truth (Jesus) until the end of his life.. fought hard against the demonic libs...

yeh, i hear ya.. the inspector may have contaminated it... may have had covid... (but just being someone from the gummit would contaminate it enough, it seems)
Yes, that 24 hour freeze out on bulk meat and poultry is a bitch, ain't it? What kind of wimp can't get used to green beef and chicken, instead of facilities having FDA inspectors assigned on duty to drill and check core crate temps. Salmonella and E.coli still sometimes slip through from the fields where migrants and illegal aliens pick and piss where they are, making people sick on occasion across the country. We could just blow it all off and everybody take their chances, like a man. You can still sue, can't you?:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Lots of rights get tossed under the suspension of reality from lib loons
Babbit lost her right to remain alive because she broke a window
they don't care about helpless children, why would they care about her or anyone else?

people don't seem to get it: Once society loses respect for one group of human beings and fails to protect that group... all other groups are jeopardized and in time.. it will be more than mere jeopardy

Supreme Court ruled years ago, regulations applied to weapons do not interfere with the 2nd Amendment. Pay the radical right (all the guns, for all the people, all the time crowd) no mind or just come out and state you no longer support the Supreme Court as created in the constitution and are ready to join the little anarchy crowd. Institutions of government are not bad or outdate, just because the stand in the way of the nut ball (like Trump and trumper et al, getting their way. They just know you have to discredit the institutions if you have a chance in hell of getting away with it.
I support the Bill Of Rights. The end.

Anything that interferes with that is an infringement. The end.

I support the Bill Of Rights. The end.

Anything that interferes with that is an infringement. The end.
Then jump in your 'Wayback Machine" Mr. Peabody and go back and deal with all the supreme courts for the last hundred years, including the present one. They ruled, interpreting the constitution, weapons can be regulated without interfering with rights guaranteed under the constitution.

hmmm.
parade permits
Blocking the streets isn't a right. Protesting is but those who get permits to hold a parade are not protesting in general and you'll find those that are do not bother with permits.

marriage license

Not a right. If it was everyone would have to be paired up. There are people who would like to be married but do not find a partner.

The only stipulation here is the Constitution stipulates one vote. Registering only assures that.

Tax ID for opening a biz
Warrentless spying on internet.

The courts have ruled more than once that this spying is unconstitutional but for some odd/sad reason we do not hold those who do so accountable.
hunting
etc

There is no right to pollute the water.

Then jump in your 'Wayback Machine" Mr. Peabody and go back and deal with all the supreme courts for the last hundred years, including the present one. They ruled, interpreting the constitution, weapons can be regulated without interfering with rights guaranteed under the constitution.
How does that prove their pronunciations about the Constitution are correct?

Blocking the streets isn't a right. Protesting is but those who get permits to hold a parade are not protesting in general and you'll find those that are do not bother with permits.

Not a right. If it was everyone would have to be paired up. There are people who would like to be married but do not find a partner.

The only stipulation here is the Constitution stipulates one vote. Registering only assures that.

The courts have ruled more than once that this spying is unconstitutional but for some odd/sad reason we do not hold those who do so accountable.

There is no right to pollute the water.
We're no discussing what the corrupt courts have said. We're talking about what the document actually says

Forum List

Back