Dow futures rip 700 points higher amid report Gilead drug showing effectiveness treating coronavirus

Perhaps Trump should discourage the use of Remdesivir at his next press conference. Then all the Democrats will want everyone to have access to it as soon as possible.

Right, of course that won't happen because this drug appears to have promise. Unlike the other drugs pushed by wingnuts.

You really are a disappointment.

Damn you're stupid. I guess you buried your head in the sand when the French study of more than a thousand patients and showed great results with Hydroxycloroquine and Zpac. I guess your masters instructed you to ignore it.

Calling HJ stupid is redundant.

The major tactic is isolating areas for 3 weeks.

The big problem is testing people to find out who the carriers are.

Is it a problem? Sweden didn't close schools or their economy and have about the same number of deaths per million citizens as we do. What's that tell ya?

The fact is that the fatalities aren't that impressive as to to close an economy.
The issue is if one gets a fever for a week or two and doesn't develop the anti-bodies and keeps getting fevers.

Impressive? We've lost over 30k people in a matter of months and thousands more that had to be hospitalized and not really sure what sort of long term harm was caused to them.

Hell, you probably don't consider Cancer to be 'impressive' either even though COVID has killed been competitive in how many people it's killed in comparison.
And I'm sure that you have been spreading the news of the high risk population like my community has.
Cancer strikes everyone and we are no one near a cure that doesn't mess you up for the remainder of your life.
The "curse" of being in a Facebook group with over 100,000 members mean I know every malady everyone has.
A friend of our just dies after a 15 year battle with cancer; she lived 12 more years than she was "supposed" to live.

Neat, I bring up cancer because right now more people are dying from COVID19 at the moment.
And I'm sure you have been spreading the news to people taking life saving medication that they are the only ones who will to die if they don't quarantine themselves.
Hysteria and anger are a waste of energy when there is sound advice to avoid death.

What are you talking about?
I realize you have no friends in real life.
C19 is fatal to anyone who takes life saving medication, it is not fatal to anyone not taking life saving medication.
The most important thing you can do, rather being being a hysterical, hyperbolic piece of shit is to inform anyone taking life saving medication to quarantine themselves.

I still have no idea what you're talking about.
That's because you have no idea what you are talking about.
Since this Thread deals with the Stock Market, how much do you know about the Stock Market?

What life saving medication are you referring to? Be as specific as possible and maybe a link or two.
In my community, mostly diabetes.
Old people don't care what they look or feel like...they want their treats before they die.

On friend had an operable brain tumor and C19 prevented the heperon from working.
The tumor grew, burst, bled and clotted.

Regardless of age, If you have asthma and you don't work out, you're dead.

No, seriously, prove your point, I don;t need your made up anecdotal crap.

Only people on life saving medication die from COVID19? Sounds like bullshit to me.
You mean your religion doesn't have a Facebook community of people around the world?
Cool religion.

The pathetic fact is that the media is suppressing this fact to maintain their Click level.

What fact? You have yet to prove anything. My religion doesn't have a facebook page? My god, are you feeling OK?

Perhaps Trump should discourage the use of Remdesivir at his next press conference. Then all the Democrats will want everyone to have access to it as soon as possible.

Right, of course that won't happen because this drug appears to have promise. Unlike the other drugs pushed by wingnuts.

Damn you're stupid. I guess you buried your head in the sand when the French study of more than a thousand patients and showed great results with Hydroxycloroquine and Zpac. I guess your masters instructed you to ignore it.

Is it a problem? Sweden didn't close schools or their economy and have about the same number of deaths per million citizens as we do. What's that tell ya?

The fact is that the fatalities aren't that impressive as to to close an economy.
The issue is if one gets a fever for a week or two and doesn't develop the anti-bodies and keeps getting fevers.

Impressive? We've lost over 30k people in a matter of months and thousands more that had to be hospitalized and not really sure what sort of long term harm was caused to them.

Hell, you probably don't consider Cancer to be 'impressive' either even though COVID has killed been competitive in how many people it's killed in comparison.
And I'm sure that you have been spreading the news of the high risk population like my community has.
Cancer strikes everyone and we are no one near a cure that doesn't mess you up for the remainder of your life.
The "curse" of being in a Facebook group with over 100,000 members mean I know every malady everyone has.
A friend of our just dies after a 15 year battle with cancer; she lived 12 more years than she was "supposed" to live.

Neat, I bring up cancer because right now more people are dying from COVID19 at the moment.
And I'm sure you have been spreading the news to people taking life saving medication that they are the only ones who will to die if they don't quarantine themselves.
Hysteria and anger are a waste of energy when there is sound advice to avoid death.

C19 is fatal to anyone who takes life saving medication, it is not fatal to anyone not taking life saving medication.
The most important thing you can do, rather being being a hysterical, hyperbolic piece of shit is to inform anyone taking life saving medication to quarantine themselves.

Since this Thread deals with the Stock Market, how much do you know about the Stock Market?

What life saving medication are you referring to? Be as specific as possible and maybe a link or two.
Old people don't care what they look or feel like...they want their treats before they die.

On friend had an operable brain tumor and C19 prevented the heperon from working.

Only people on life saving medication die from COVID19? Sounds like bullshit to me.
You mean your religion doesn't have a Facebook community of people around the world?
Cool religion.

The pathetic fact is that the media is suppressing this fact to maintain their Click level.

What fact? You have yet to prove anything. My religion doesn't have a facebook page? My god, are you feeling OK?
Without a Facebook group you can't get past the bullshit to deal with real people.
You think Fox, CNN and MSNBC are going to supply you with ages and state of health of those who have passed?
I watch and hear 0 details.

My wife just informed me that our friend's mother just passed...upper 90s, in a nursing home and very sick prior to C19.

Wallow in your acceptance of news bereft of details.

FDA gives Gilead a seven year regulatory monopoly for remdesivir to treat COVID-19, on grounds it is an “Orphan” treating a rare disease

So what just happened?

There are patents on remdesivir held by Gilead. But under 28 USC 1498(a), the US can overcome the patent monopoly, and buy a generic. It can contract with the generic company to make and import to the US. There is already at least one generic company that we have talked to that is developing a generic version. But to sell a drug in the United States, you need FDA approval.

The FDA is not allowed to register an generic version for use for COVID-19 for 7 years under the action the FDA took today, because the U.S. government did not include an exception to the regulatory monopoly in the Orphan Drug Act. Congress can and should fix this. There should not be an exception proof monopoly for rare diseases.

Also, the FDA should be challenged for even declaring COVID-19 a rare disease, given the expectations of how many people are already infected and how many will be infected in a few days.

You're not very smart, are ya? Why would a company go to the expense of developing a treatment for a rare disease if other companies who didn't spend the money for R&D could take their work and undercut them?

Baloney...........this drug has been researched for a long time..........Nothing knew here. UAB and the University of Nebraska have been studying these drugs for a LONG TIME.........with FEDERAL GRANTS.

What you are seeing here........is Gilead being assholes in a pandemic..........The TAX PAYERS PAID FOR THE RESEARCH.

You are the one who needs to wake up.............I support Capitalism.........I support their ability to make money on what they did...........but this is CRONY CAPITALISM.....where the dang gov't is PICKING WINNERS and losers.....................

How about the give a CUT TO UAB and the UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA..........for studying this...........Oh that is right.........they don't pad the pockets of career politicians.

SCREW GILEAD.

Research in relation to what, did the universities develop the drug?

Cool religion.

Without a Facebook group you can't get past the bullshit to deal with real people.
You think Fox, CNN and MSNBC are going to supply you with ages and state of health of those who have passed?

My wife just informed me that our friend's mother just passed...upper 90s, in a nursing home and very sick prior to C19.

Oh, you think a facebook group is the only way people can interact today? I don't know how many facebook groups I belong to, maybe 15? You don't know much do you?

Anyway, didn't think you could back up your point.

/-----/ The death number is being jacked up without confirmation of the cause of death. It's just a guess. None of this lockdown hysteria during Obozo's flu of 2009.

Kind of like what they do with the flu ever year. The number isn't being 'jacked up'.
/———/ So we shut down the economy based on a guesstimate?

/-----/ The death number is being jacked up without confirmation of the cause of death. It's just a guess. None of this lockdown hysteria during Obozo's flu of 2009.

Kind of like what they do with the flu ever year. The number isn't being 'jacked up'.
/———/ So we shut down the economy based on a guesstimate?

No, a pandemic and it was the right thing to do.

FDA gives Gilead a seven year regulatory monopoly for remdesivir to treat COVID-19, on grounds it is an “Orphan” treating a rare disease

So what just happened?

There are patents on remdesivir held by Gilead. But under 28 USC 1498(a), the US can overcome the patent monopoly, and buy a generic. It can contract with the generic company to make and import to the US. There is already at least one generic company that we have talked to that is developing a generic version. But to sell a drug in the United States, you need FDA approval.

The FDA is not allowed to register an generic version for use for COVID-19 for 7 years under the action the FDA took today, because the U.S. government did not include an exception to the regulatory monopoly in the Orphan Drug Act. Congress can and should fix this. There should not be an exception proof monopoly for rare diseases.

Also, the FDA should be challenged for even declaring COVID-19 a rare disease, given the expectations of how many people are already infected and how many will be infected in a few days.

You're not very smart, are ya? Why would a company go to the expense of developing a treatment for a rare disease if other companies who didn't spend the money for R&D could take their work and undercut them?

Baloney...........this drug has been researched for a long time..........Nothing knew here. UAB and the University of Nebraska have been studying these drugs for a LONG TIME.........with FEDERAL GRANTS.

What you are seeing here........is Gilead being assholes in a pandemic..........The TAX PAYERS PAID FOR THE RESEARCH.

You are the one who needs to wake up.............I support Capitalism.........I support their ability to make money on what they did...........but this is CRONY CAPITALISM.....where the dang gov't is PICKING WINNERS and losers.....................

How about the give a CUT TO UAB and the UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA..........for studying this...........Oh that is right.........they don't pad the pockets of career politicians.

SCREW GILEAD.

Research in relation to what, did the universities develop the drug?

They have been studying this drug for many years.......since 2003 for the original SARs and Merv...................This isn't A NEW DRUG............Gilead is trying to say .............well it's a NEW DISEASE ...using and old drug......LOL..........TRYING TO JACK UP THE PRICE for a drug that is well beyond the 7 year protected status......

UAB and the University of Nebraska have done extensive studies with this drug...........PAID FOR BY THE TAXPAYERS..........NOT GILEAD.

Cool religion.

Oh, you think a facebook group is the only way people can interact today? I don't know how many facebook groups I belong to, maybe 15? You don't know much do you?

Here's a question you can't answer...
When's the last time you heard from the news media the age and medical condition of a C19 fatality?
Answer without an ad hominem...

Cool religion.

Except for the fact that my JEWISH Facebook group has MDs, nurses, dentists, scientists, psychologists, etc...on it.
I know dozens of MDs from my community that have been living at their hospitals for at least the last two weeks.
Who the hell do you know?

French study was small. Don't get me wrong study the hell out of those drugs and if they work that's great but there just isn't much evidence that h-cloroquine is all that effective right now and by no means is a replacement for social distancing.

More than 1000 people is not that small of a study,

Yeah,

Dip stick, covid effects internal organs, in might not be the meds.

Cool religion.

When's the last time you heard from the news media the age and medical condition of a C19 fatality?

We all know that most deaths occur in the elderly and those with health issues. Are you retarded?

French study was small. Don't get me wrong study the hell out of those drugs and if they work that's great but there just isn't much evidence that h-cloroquine is all that effective right now and by no means is a replacement for social distancing.

Yeah,

Oh, now we don't believe the French?

Yeah,

People taking the meds in higher doses, for other conditions like lupus, haven't had those problems. In fact there are no warning in the protocols for effects on the heart, Rheumatologist don't even do EKGs, you figure it out.

Cool religion.

We all know that most deaths occur in the elderly and those with health issues. Are you retarded?
Thanks for...
Leaving behind a trail of posts where you ridiculed that idea
Leaving behind a trail of posts where you ridiculed my posting such
Failing to inform us of one media outlet that stated such
Not posting what you know about the Stock Market

Yeah,

People taking the meds in higher doses, for other conditions like lupus, haven't had those problems. In fact there are no warning in the protocols for effects on the heart, Rheumatologist don't even do EKGs, you figure it out.

That's neat. Did you know that Lupus and COVID-19 aren't the same disease and they attack the body differently? Anyway, I'm just relaying on what the French are saying since for whatever reason they are the experts now apparently.

Cool religion.

Thanks for...

I did? You said something about COVID only killing people on 'life saving medication', you have yet to back up that claim.

Let's be real, you leave yourself open to ridicule like right now where it's obvious you didn't understand my posts to begin with.

One media outlet that stated such what? I didn't make the claim that COVID only kills people on medication, you did and you haven't backed it up.

Posting what I know about the stock market? I realize that's where this thread started but not the topic of the post I was responding to.

Yeah,

That's neat. Did you know that Lupus and COVID-19 aren't the same disease and they attack the body differently? Anyway, I'm just relaying on what the French are saying since for whatever reason they are the experts now apparently.
C19 seems to stop almost every medication from working.
I can't say every because we don't have the elderly or sick with every possible medical condition.

Cool religion.

Thanks for...

I did? You said something about COVID only killing people on 'life saving medication', you have yet to back up that claim.

Let's be real, you leave yourself to ridicule like right now where it's obvious you didn't understand my posts to begin with.

One media outlet that stated such what? I didn't make the claim that COVID only kills people on medication, you did and you haven't backed it up.

Posting what I know about the stock market? I realize that's where this thread started but not the topic of the post I was responding to.
No media outlet is reporting any age medical condition correlation.
They are only reporting numbers.
That's why inveterate morons such as yourself are screaming like hyenas.

Yeah,

C19 seems to stop almost every medication from working.
I can't say every because we don't have the elderly or sick with every possible medical condition.

Can you provide a link to this? I don't think it's an issue of whether medication works or not but that pre existing health conditions can make COVID worse. Such as a weakened heart or over worked blood vessels.

Forum List

Back