As We Predicted — Dr. Fauci Praises New Tests on Expensive Gilead Drug Remdesivir but Sneared at Less Expensive and More Effective Hydroxychloroquine!

HUGE! As We Predicted — Dr. Fauci Praises New Tests on Expensive Gilead Drug Remdesivir but Sneared at Less Expensive and More Effective Hydroxychloroquine!

29 Apr 2020 ~~ By Jim Hoft
On March 20th Dr. Fauci “corrected” President Trump during a press briefing on hydroxychloroquine saying, “You got to be careful when you say ‘fairly effective.’ It was never done in a clinical trial… It was given to individuals and felt that maybe it worked.”
Dr. Fauci was skeptical of hydroxychloroquine’s effectiveness in treating the novel coronavirus.
But he wasn’t so skeptical back in 2013.
In fact, Dr. Anthony Fauci CHEERED the use of hydroxychloroquine appeared effective “only in cells in lab dishes” in treatment of against MERS.
Dr. Fauci thought a 2013 test in a “lab dish” was particularly encouraging.
But in 2020 after several successful studies of hydroxychloroquine’s effectiveness in treating coronavirus patients he was suspect.

Hydroxychloroquine is cheap, effective and easy to administer.
On Tuesday the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) released a report endorsing hydroxychloroquine saying the drug has about a 90% chance of helping COVID-19 patients.
But as we reported earlier this month Dr. Fauci has his own favorite, the more expensive Remdesivir by Gilead!

Comment:
Although the prestigious Dr. Fauci has been at the forefront of the Wuhan Covid-19 virus, I suspect that he has ulterior motives.
I'm all for the research and development of new drugs to combat diseases... this was part of my career at one time. Yet I'm still a person that will use tried and true methods of using items off the shelf that will do the job.
Remdesivir failed to interrupt the Ebola virus and now has been repurposed to fight the Covid-19 virus. Fine but we can use both to fight this epidemic.
As a Doctor, Fauci should not be the individual to chose drug of choice, it should be independent peer review groups. Something Fauci has failed to do.... Just what are Fauci's connections to Gilead Pharmaceuticals?
the cocktail of Hydroxychloroquine, Erythromycin and zinc have been used successfully, in France, Germany, Italy and in the U.S.
We should utilize this treatment until something better comes along.

You need to read closer on this AAPS study. I commented on this in another thread. There was no control group testing in the AAPS trial. Whether the drug is effective or not is still largely unproven. You don't have a group that was not treated to compare it to. Hence the need for clinical trials and data gathering. And the dosage required to treat COVID-19 is double that of Lupus or Malaria.
Hydroxychloroquine Has about 90 Percent Chance of Helping COVID-19 Patients, States Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS)

As far as remdesivir, Fauci expressed optimism based on data gathered in a clinical trial that used random control groups. But it's just that..optimism.
But just wait, I expect Trump and his supporters to quickly declare this as the next miracle cure. And it will be his idea alone. :)
Fauci expresses optimism about 'significant, positive' data from a trial of the possible Covid-19 treatment remdesivir

If I were suffering from a
Over-secretion of cytokines can trigger a dangerous cytokine storm syndrome.

I would probably take an immune suppressant (such as HCQ), although HCQ has risks.

But if not I would take an antiviral such as remdesivir. (and only if I were on my death bed)

I wonder if carriers of Alpha 1 are more prone to covid 19

Last edited:
HUGE! As We Predicted — Dr. Fauci Praises New Tests on Expensive Gilead Drug Remdesivir but Sneared at Less Expensive and More Effective Hydroxychloroquine!

On March 20th Dr. Fauci “corrected” President Trump during a press briefing on hydroxychloroquine saying, “You got to be careful when you say ‘fairly effective.’ It was never done in a clinical trial… It was given to individuals and felt that maybe it worked.”
Dr. Fauci was skeptical of hydroxychloroquine’s effectiveness in treating the novel coronavirus.
In fact, Dr. Anthony Fauci CHEERED the use of hydroxychloroquine appeared effective “only in cells in lab dishes” in treatment of against MERS.
But in 2020 after several successful studies of hydroxychloroquine’s effectiveness in treating coronavirus patients he was suspect.

On Tuesday the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) released a report endorsing hydroxychloroquine saying the drug has about a 90% chance of helping COVID-19 patients.
But as we reported earlier this month Dr. Fauci has his own favorite, the more expensive Remdesivir by Gilead!

Comment:
Although the prestigious Dr. Fauci has been at the forefront of the Wuhan Covid-19 virus, I suspect that he has ulterior motives.
I'm all for the research and development of new drugs to combat diseases... this was part of my career at one time. Yet I'm still a person that will use tried and true methods of using items off the shelf that will do the job.
Remdesivir failed to interrupt the Ebola virus and now has been repurposed to fight the Covid-19 virus. Fine but we can use both to fight this epidemic.
As a Doctor, Fauci should not be the individual to chose drug of choice, it should be independent peer review groups. Something Fauci has failed to do.... Just what are Fauci's connections to Gilead Pharmaceuticals?
the cocktail of Hydroxychloroquine, Erythromycin and zinc have been used successfully, in France, Germany, Italy and in the U.S.

You need to read closer on this AAPS study. I commented on this in another thread. There was no control group testing in the AAPS trial. Whether the drug is effective or not is still largely unproven. You don't have a group that was not treated to compare it to. Hence the need for clinical trials and data gathering. And the dosage required to treat COVID-19 is double that of Lupus or Malaria.
Hydroxychloroquine Has about 90 Percent Chance of Helping COVID-19 Patients, States Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS)

As far as remdesivir, Fauci expressed optimism based on data gathered in a clinical trial that used random control groups. But it's just that..optimism.
But just wait, I expect Trump and his supporters to quickly declare this as the next miracle cure. And it will be his idea alone. :)
Fauci expresses optimism about 'significant, positive' data from a trial of the possible Covid-19 treatment remdesivir

I would probably take an immune suppressant (such as HCQ), although HCQ has risks.

But if not I would take an antiviral such as remdesivir.

Thanks for the thread post. So read the Wiki linked, went on to find connection to of Covid-19 to cytokine storms by a Dr. Randy Chron. So, for Covid-19 they do not want to treat for the cytokine storm, but want to treat underlying infection that triggered it by using drug for Ebola, Marsburg virus or generic, nonspecific viruses in the Corona viruses family. I am not a medical guy. Don't know if you are or not. But if it was developed for Ebola and Marsburg, do you have any idea why I cannot find it in PDR? Is Remdesivir a new trade name for something already in PDR?

Comment:

Sure enough, but at the present time Remdesivir is still in it's early stages of testing. It failed in controlling Ebola, What's to say that it fail in controlling the Covid-19 virus. Meanwhile we have a treatment that works as doctors have told us both here in the U.S., and Europe.

Comment:

Thanks for the thread post. So read the Wiki linked, went on to find connection to of Covid-19 to cytokine storms by a Dr. Randy Chron. So, for Covid-19 they do not want to treat for the cytokine storm, but want to treat underlying infection that triggered it by using drug for Ebola, Marsburg virus or generic, nonspecific viruses in the Corona viruses family. I am not a medical guy. Don't know if you are or not. But if it was developed for Ebola and Marsburg, do you have any idea why I cannot find it in PDR? Is Remdesivir a new trade name for something already in PDR?
remdesivir is not in the PDR because it's a novel compound not yet approved as a drug.

But just wait, I expect Trump and his supporters to quickly declare this as the next miracle cure. And it will be his idea alone.

Unfortunately, the only way to keep the success of this drug going is for Trump not to endorse it. If he does, you people on the left will make it political just like you did with hydroxychloroquine.

But just wait, I expect Trump and his supporters to quickly declare this as the next miracle cure. And it will be his idea alone.

Unfortunately, the only way to keep the success of this drug going is for Trump not to endorse it. If he does, you people on the left will make it political just like you did with hydroxychloroquine.
Don't know the extent of any backlash against remdesivir, but did you get around to reading the PDR on Chloriqine and Hydrochloriquine. You know there has to be something for patients with pre existing heart and high blood pressure patients. Although the new drug isn't even in the PDR yet, since it is experimental. Kind of hope they do not run their controlled studies in the VA hospitals.

Comment:

But if not I would take an antiviral such as remdesivir. (and only if I were on my death bed)

You seem to be suffering from TDS syndrome for which there seems to be no cure....sorry.... :cryhug_1_: :auiqs.jpg:

Don't know the extent of any backlash against remdesivir, but did you get around to reading the PDR on Chloriqine and Hydrochloriquine. You know there has to be something for patients with pre existing heart and high blood pressure patients. Although the new drug isn't even in the PDR yet, since it is experimental. Kind of hope they do not run their controlled studies in the VA hospitals.
Hydroxychloroquine by itself does not have significant side effects with regard to the heart. When combined with the antibiotic asithromycin it may have those side effects due to the antibiotic. BTW for someone who claims to have read the PDR I find it interesting you can't even spell the medication properly.

The VA studies were pure garbage. It was rigged to show failure. Even the doctors that I watched who stand behind hydroxychloroquine said that the later people take it,the less likely it is to help. The VA only tried it on patients that were already on a ventilator and days away from death.

Remdesivir is expensive, but suspected it can also be used to prevent catching Covid. That study is not out yet.

Comment:

As usual, there is not a bit of evidence to support this. A VA study found hydroxychloroquine to be ineffective and dangerous. All you care about is proving Trump right even if there is no evidence to support it.

The VA studies were pure garbage. It was rigged to show failure. Even the doctors that I watched who stand behind hydroxychloroquine said that the later people take it,the less likely it is to help. The VA only tried it on patients that were already on a ventilator and days away from death.

Remdesivir is expensive, but suspected it can also be used to prevent catching Covid. That study is not out yet.

Everything is a conspiracy against Trump. Not a bit of evidence to support your claim. Ttypical crazy Trump supporter.

Everything is a conspiracy against Trump. Not a bit of evidence to support your claim. Ttypical crazy Trump supporter.

Of course there is no evidence to support conspiracies. There was no phony two year Russian collusion investigation with no evidence to launch it. There was no impeachment without a crime or impeachable offenses. There was no obtaining FISA surveillance warrants on a political adversary, using a phony dossier. There was no attempt to basically blackmail a lifelong military man working for the Trump administration, that the former FBI director laughed about in a television interview. There was no Secretary of State who had a private server in her closet, which she sent confidential and classified emails to and from. There was no laptop that those classified emails went to, that was also used by the recipients husband to send nude pictures of him self, and after discovered, Comey ordered it confiscated and destroyed.

None of these things never happened, did they?

Comment:

As usual, there is not a bit of evidence to support this. A VA study found hydroxychloroquine to be ineffective and dangerous. All you care about is proving Trump right even if there is no evidence to support it.

Comment:

Even Mt. Sinai's Dr. Siegel's 90 yr old father was saved from dying of the Wuhan Covid virus by using the Hydroxy Chloroquine cocktail.

About 5% of the population with heart conditions are at risk if they take HydroxyChloroquine. So if you are one of the 5% then beware. Otherwise The drug has a 40 YEAR HISTORY of successful use. Granted it is a malaria drug but the point is, there is a massive data base behind the use of it, whereas RemDesivir is brand spanking new barely out of the lab. If Fauci weren't a Lib darling, they would be calling him a 'snake oil' salesman.

~~~~~~
Doctors are well aware of it's side effects and are prepared to deal with them. After all the drug has been used for more than 60 years and it appears those problems have been controlled or the drug would have been recalled....

Whereas there are also side effects from the use of Remdesivir and it's effectiveness is not necessarily what is being touted. See:

Comment:

~~~~~~
Meanwhile the VA study has been found to have more holes in it than a sieve. CNN took the hook, line and sinker and the Left is eating it up.... "Most important though in the “VA hydroxychloroquine study” - it was not peer reviewed, not randomized, and… not even a study! It was a "retrospective analysis of data.”"

“This is probably the worst of study designs: retrospective analysis, with no stated methods as to how patients were assigned one of three treatment arms.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/21/malaria-drug-virginia-coronavirus-study-198590 …

~~~~~~
Doctors are well aware of it's side effects and are prepared to deal with them. After all the drug has been used for more than 60 years and it appears those problems have been controlled or the drug would have been recalled....

Whereas there are also side effects from the use of Remdesivir and it's effectiveness is not necessarily what is being touted. See:
No. It probably works (at least to some extent) on people that can actually take it, but if the standard PDF is to be believed, there is a huge slice of the country that should not that hydrochloroquine. As was found found by the VA study. Now it could be that heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and a few other effect such a small portion of the population, contrary to popular statistics that it won't matter, but I doubt it.
Yes there is no telling (publicly) what the side effects of Remdesivir are. Does it help all the time. I doubt it. Are there people who can't take it? Undoubtedly. I'm not from the Remdesivir company. It would be nice if there were a miracle drug and it had been discovered within the first 3 or 4 months of looking for it, but I doubt it. Some common colds are caused by corona type virus and the have been trying to cure common colds for well ove 2000 years.

Dr. Fauci has been referred to as an "incompetent idiot" for many years before the coronavirus became popular.

Not really surprised that he would recommend Gilead's product. The federal government's medical technocrats have shilled for other Gilead drugs, including running public service announcements advising Hep C sufferers that cures (made by Gilead & priced at $80,000) are now available.

No he hasn't been referred to as an incompetent idiot for years,

who said that???
I dont know what fauci was called in the past

but ”incompetent idiot” may be his legacy from now on

Comment:

1000dollar a pill vs less than a dollar for the malaria drug a dollar for another generic anti viral and another 10 cent a piece for some zinc and c supplements

t9WDGNVB.jpeg

Forum List

Back