Dow futures rip 700 points higher amid report Gilead drug showing effectiveness treating coronavirus

How did the market do today?

I believe it kind of sucked today. I'm sure some wingnut will create a new thread about it any day now.
It was pretty good today. At this point, any increase is good. I expect a week from tomorrow is going to be bad when Q1 GDP is released. Then again 2 weeks from Friday when unemployment figures are released. But unless there's a turnaround with coronavirus, the shit's really gonna hit the fan when the 8 week period of stimulus is exhausted and companies start massive layoffs.

I believe it kind of sucked today. I'm sure some wingnut will create a new thread about it any day now.
It was pretty good today. At this point, any increase is good. I expect a week from tomorrow is going to be bad when Q1 GDP is released. Then again 2 weeks from Friday when unemployment figures are released. But unless there's a turnaround with coronavirus, the shit's really gonna hit the fan when the 8 week period of stimulus is exhausted and companies start massive layoffs.

Dow was down almost 2 and a half points and S&P close to 2%.

I agree though when the full extend of economic indicators come in there is now good news and the market is going to go further down. Maybe Captain Dipshit will lie about testing again.

I agree though when the full extend of economic indicators come in there is now good news and the market is going to go further down. Maybe Captain Dipshit will lie about testing again.
Sorry, my mistake, you're right. I looked earlier and it was up. It must have been a stale cached page. :dunno:

Sorry, my mistake, you're right. I looked earlier and it was up. It must have been a stale cached page. :dunno:

No problem, I agree with your overall post. The market today just wasn't a good one......many more to follow most likely.

You just know that all the TDS morons are crying into their beer. This means the shutdown will soon be over, and the death count will be several orders of magnitude than anything the hysteria mongers have predicted:

U.S. stock futures surged on Thursday night after a report said a Gilead Sciences drug was showing effectiveness in treating the coronavirus. The move pointed to a jump for the stock market on Friday.
Dow Jones Industrial Average futures were up 700 points, or about 3%. S&P 500 futures gained 2.8% while Nasdaq 100 futures were up by 1.8%.
Gilead shares jumped by 14% in after-hours trading after STAT news reported that a Chicago hospital treating coronavirus patients with Remdesivir in a trial were recovering rapidly from severe symptoms. The publication cited a video it obtained where the trial results were discussed.
Why does your post focus on people crying into their beer because less people may die? You realize that just makes YOU sound like a moron right?
No, it makes the Libs crying in their beer because less people die look like life Democrats

Forum List

Back