Dow futures rip 700 points higher amid report Gilead drug showing effectiveness treating coronavirus

Perhaps Trump should discourage the use of Remdesivir at his next press conference. Then all the Democrats will want everyone to have access to it as soon as possible.

Right, of course that won't happen because this drug appears to have promise. Unlike the other drugs pushed by wingnuts.

You really are a disappointment.

Damn you're stupid. I guess you buried your head in the sand when the French study of more than a thousand patients and showed great results with Hydroxycloroquine and Zpac. I guess your masters instructed you to ignore it.

French study was small. Don't get me wrong study the hell out of those drugs and if they work that's great but there just isn't much evidence that h-cloroquine is all that effective right now and by no means is a replacement for social distancing.

More than 1000 people is not that small of a study,

Yeah,

Dip stick, covid effects internal organs, in might not be the meds.

Oh, now we don't believe the French?

People taking the meds in higher doses, for other conditions like lupus, haven't had those problems. In fact there are no warning in the protocols for effects on the heart, Rheumatologist don't even do EKGs, you figure it out.

That's neat. Did you know that Lupus and COVID-19 aren't the same disease and they attack the body differently? Anyway, I'm just relaying on what the French are saying since for whatever reason they are the experts now apparently.
C19 seems to stop almost every medication from working.
I can't say every because we don't have the elderly or sick with every possible medical condition.

Can you provide a link to this? I don't think it's an issue of whether medication works or not but that pre existing health conditions can make COVID worse. Such as a weakened heart or over worked blood vessels.
Did you just ask me to provide a Link to prove that an infinite number of people sampling with different medical problems haven't been found yet?
Did you really post that?

Perhaps Trump should discourage the use of Remdesivir at his next press conference. Then all the Democrats will want everyone to have access to it as soon as possible.

Right, of course that won't happen because this drug appears to have promise. Unlike the other drugs pushed by wingnuts.

Damn you're stupid. I guess you buried your head in the sand when the French study of more than a thousand patients and showed great results with Hydroxycloroquine and Zpac. I guess your masters instructed you to ignore it.

French study was small. Don't get me wrong study the hell out of those drugs and if they work that's great but there just isn't much evidence that h-cloroquine is all that effective right now and by no means is a replacement for social distancing.

Yeah,

People taking the meds in higher doses, for other conditions like lupus, haven't had those problems. In fact there are no warning in the protocols for effects on the heart, Rheumatologist don't even do EKGs, you figure it out.

That's neat. Did you know that Lupus and COVID-19 aren't the same disease and they attack the body differently? Anyway, I'm just relaying on what the French are saying since for whatever reason they are the experts now apparently.

There's no indication in your link that the people involved were part of a study, it also said similar problems were found with anti-viral drugs. Hydroxychloroquine is the most prescribed med in the world for COVID-19, are you saying all those prescribing physicians are stupid? Dr Mark Seigle made sure his 96 year old father got hydroxychloroquine and he's recovering nicely. Would he have done that if he didn't think it was safe?

Yeah,

There's no indication in your link that the people involved were part of a study, it also said similar problems were found with anti-viral drugs. Hydroxychloroquine is the most prescribed med in the world for COVID-19, are you saying all those prescribing physicians are stupid? Dr Mark Seigle made sure his 96 year old father got hydroxychloroquine and he's recovering nicely. Would he have done that if he didn't think it was safe?

There's no indication that the French study cited earlier was really all that conclusive either since it was so small a sample size. Point being, it's not a wonder drug, there are serious side affects known about the drug even before it;s use for this outbreak. It needs to be studied more and patients taking it, especially if they already have known heart conditions should be monitored.

Yeah,

There's no indication that the French study cited earlier was really all that conclusive either since it was so small a sample size. Point being, it's not a wonder drug, there are serious side affects known about the drug even before it;s use for this outbreak. It needs to be studied more and patients taking it, especially if they already have known heart conditions should be monitored.
over a thousand is not "a small number." You obviously aren't talking about the same study as everyone else.

Yeah,

Keep talking, you're proving you're totally clueless. Phase II trials typically include 100-300 people, the French study was greater than 1000. So carry on in your TDS, we're done.

Calling HJ stupid is redundant.

The major tactic is isolating areas for 3 weeks.

The big problem is testing people to find out who the carriers are.

Is it a problem? Sweden didn't close schools or their economy and have about the same number of deaths per million citizens as we do. What's that tell ya?

The fact is that the fatalities aren't that impressive as to to close an economy.
The issue is if one gets a fever for a week or two and doesn't develop the anti-bodies and keeps getting fevers.

Impressive? We've lost over 30k people in a matter of months and thousands more that had to be hospitalized and not really sure what sort of long term harm was caused to them.

Hell, you probably don't consider Cancer to be 'impressive' either even though COVID has killed been competitive in how many people it's killed in comparison.
/-----/ The death number is being jacked up without confirmation of the cause of death. It's just a guess. None of this lockdown hysteria during Obozo's flu of 2009.

Kind of like what they do with the flu ever year. The number isn't being 'jacked up'.
/———/ So we shut down the economy based on a guesstimate?

No, a pandemic and it was the right thing to do.
/——-/ So every flu season is a pandemic. Are we crashing the economy every winter, or us this just a TDS thing?

Pandemic definition is - occurring over a wide geographic area and affecting an exceptionally high proportion of the population.

Is it a problem? Sweden didn't close schools or their economy and have about the same number of deaths per million citizens as we do. What's that tell ya?

The fact is that the fatalities aren't that impressive as to to close an economy.
The issue is if one gets a fever for a week or two and doesn't develop the anti-bodies and keeps getting fevers.

Impressive? We've lost over 30k people in a matter of months and thousands more that had to be hospitalized and not really sure what sort of long term harm was caused to them.

Hell, you probably don't consider Cancer to be 'impressive' either even though COVID has killed been competitive in how many people it's killed in comparison.
/-----/ The death number is being jacked up without confirmation of the cause of death. It's just a guess. None of this lockdown hysteria during Obozo's flu of 2009.

Kind of like what they do with the flu ever year. The number isn't being 'jacked up'.

/——-/ So every flu season is a pandemic. Are we crashing the economy every winter, or us this just a TDS thing?

Pandemic definition is - occurring over a wide geographic area and affecting an exceptionally high proportion of the population.

Flu season doesn't usually put so many people in the hospital it overwhelms the system and has a much lower mortality rate.

Flu season doesn't usually put so many people in the hospital it overwhelms the system and has a much lower mortality rate.
Wrong again. Previous flu seasons put many times more people in the hospital.

Neat. How many people does the flu put in the hospital in a 2 month period?

Are New York hospitals usually this busy?

During the 2017-2018 season 810,000 people went to the hospital because of flu.

/——-/ Turns out, they didn’t need all the beds and they are sending ventilators to other states. It was all over blown.

/——/ This scam was designed to kill the Trump economy. And you Progs will rub your hands and stomp your feet with glee when the first Covid-19 death happens when the lockdown ends.

If he ends the lockdown before we have this under control, that WILL be on him.
/——/ This scam was designed to kill the Trump economy. And you Progs will rub your hands and stomp your feet with glee when the first Covid-19 death happens when the lockdown ends.

/——/ Why? It’s up to each state Governor to implement the plan. Oh wait, you’re a Prog. Facts are just speed bumps for your agenda. Orange Man Bad.

No we aren't. We have that many cases, not that many in the hospital. it's obvious that the cause of the COVID-19 hysteria is the ignorance of millions of Americans.

We probably have millions who've caught it, we just don't have that many who've been tested.

Buddy, you can't write this off as "the flu is worse". That might have been an okay talking point in March, but it doesn't work now.

The governors will be the ones to end the lockdown, they are the ones that put them in place in the first place. But hey, facts are irrelevant to you propagandist, right?

No we aren't. We have that many cases, not that many in the hospital. it's obvious that the cause of the COVID-19 hysteria is the ignorance of millions of Americans.

We probably have millions who've caught it, we just don't have that many who've been tested.

Buddy, you can't write this off as "the flu is worse". That might have been an okay talking point in March, but it doesn't work now.
Sorry, but so far the evidence shows the flu is worse. You just admitted we have millions of cases that haven't been reported, which means the death rate is much lower than what has been reported.

New Topics

Forum List

Back