Dow futures drop 770 points as coronavirus cases outside China surge

Virus not a partisan issue and foolish at this point to try and make it one.
Another of the stampeding herd if jackasses!
China has been crashing for several years. The finance gurus have been propping it up but too many banks there were going belly up. Everyone knew this last year. China releasing a bio-weapons grade virus among its own people just gave it all a push over the edge.

The biological weapon angle is a possibility, but I think it was more of an accident. The fact that many other strains of influenza seemed to have originated in China makes me a little suspicious.
I think they cover the virus origin pretty good here.
Scientists Confirm Coronavirus Is Race Targeting Bioweapon

It could have been an accidental release but after reading some comments on the bank runs last year it leads me to believe a better possibility it was released on purpose by idiots who desired to clamp down on the people harder over there.

Weapons-grade viruses are pretty easy to control in a laboratory environment but if they get out, they tend to mutate unpredictably when they get into the general population.

Well. It seems the DemonRATS HAVE FOUND SOME WAY OF KILLING THE STOCK MARKET..... Simply get the virus to leapfrog all over the world....that is a sure way of killing manufacturing.....we talked about the DemonRATS complaining about Trump IF HE CUŔED CANCER.....THIS NEW VIRUS (Now claimed it didn't start in Wuhan but they STILL DON'T KNOW WHERE!) is now to be blamed on .
....Trump.....who else!

If they do find a cure BEFORE ELECTION . I am quite sure the Dimwits will come up with plan Q to continue their psychotic reign of lies and terror!

------------

U.S. stock futures pointed to sharp declines on Wall Street at the open on Monday as the number of coronavirus cases outside China surged, stoking fears of a prolonged global economic slowdown from the virus spreading.

As of 7:47 a.m. ET, Dow Jones Industrial Average futures were down 774 points, indicating a drop of 767 points at the open. Dow futures were down more than 800 points earlier in the session. S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 futures were down by 2.5% and 2.8%, respectively.

Futures pointed to the biggest one-day points drop for the Dow since August, when the 30-stock average slid 800 points.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnbc.com ...

-----------

So many stories about the virus....the MSM is in a panic!

13 On Your Side ABC ^ | 2/24/2020 | 13 ON YOUR SIDE Staff, TEGNA
LANSING, Mich. — The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services said Saturday there are 325 people in the state who are being monitored for novel coronavirus, now known as COVID-19.

Fox News ^ | 2-24-2010 | David Aaro
Fears of a global pandemic continue to grow as coronavirus cases spike in several countries, including Italy, South Korea, and Iran. A staggering 50 people have died in the Iranian city of Qom from the new coronavirus this month, Iran's semiofficial ILNA news agency reported on Monday. The new death toll is significantly higher than the latest number of confirmed cases of infections that Iranian officials had reported just a few hours earlier by and which stood at just 12 deaths out of 47 cases, according to state TV. The 50 deaths date back as far as Feb. 13, according.....

ABC11 ^ | Feb 24 2020 | AP
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- A staggering 50 people have died in the Iranian city of Qom from the new coronavirus this month, Iran's semiofficial ILNA news agency reported on Monday. The new death toll is significantly higher than the latest number of confirmed cases of infections that Iranian officials had reported just a few hours earlier by and which stood at just 12 deaths out of 47 cases, according to state TV. ...

South China Morning Post ^ | February 24, 2020
Iran reported eight deaths from the new coronavirus on February 23, 2020, reaching a grim milestone for the highest death toll outside China where the epidemic started originated. The outbreak of Covid-19 in Iran has advanced quickly since the first case was reported on February 19, with at least 43 people now confirmed with infections....

Many more!
How the fuck does this become something the Democrats did? No one is blaming Trump, either.
I see you still know nothing. The stupid grows on the left!

Iranian cleric blames Trump for coronavirus outbreak in Qom - The Jerusalem Post
1 day ago · The Friday Prayer Imam of the religious city of Qom, which has been struck with a coronavirus outbreak that has left 29 infected and six dead, blamed US President Donald Trump on Saturday for targeting the city with the virus in order to "make Qom look like an unsafe city and to ...

View attachment 308508Foreign Policy
Trump Has Sabotaged America's Response to the Coronavirus Pandemic
Jan 31, 2020 · Trump Has Sabotaged America's Coronavirus Response. As it improvises its way ... “ China is actually setting a new standard for outbreak response.” ... Don't Blame Bat Soup for the Wuhan Virus.

Foreign Policy
Russian Disinformation Takes on Coronavirus, Pointing a Finger at the United States

Feb 14, 2020 · Russia Knows Just Who to Blame for the Coronavirus: America ... because U.S. President Donald
Are you somehow surprised that the IRANIANS are blaming Trump for everything? Don't you know that is their official policy?
The Russians? Foreign Policy? I somehow thought you were talking about Democrats? I did not know the Democrats were in Iran and Russia.
But you probably do. I don't need a rundown, thanks.

But you missed the 'FP' AKA Foreign Policy (American Magazine) article that does blame Trump......

Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response

…….For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure. In numerous phone calls and emails with key agencies across the U.S. government, the only consistent response I encountered was distressed confusion. If the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it is —not just for the public but for the government itself, which largely finds itself in the dark.

And if you have any doubt the article isn't partisan, it goes on to say...…..

When Ebola broke out in West Africa in 2014, President Barack Obama recognized that responding to the outbreak overseas, while also protecting Americans at home, involved multiple U.S. government departments and agencies, none of which were speaking to one another.
Rachael Madcow has also been spreading crap and panic with her crap. Her thing 'Trump fired everyone at CDC', blah, blah, blah. She neglects to say anything about the revamp being in 2018 and the corruption that the directors were charged with, etc.
Did he replace them, though? We have to have a pandemic response team with a good solid leadership. Remember Katrina? We don't need another muddle like that.

You can’t spell coronavirus disease without DNC. Coincidence? I think not.

How the fuck does this become something the Democrats did? No one is blaming Trump, either.

Iranian cleric blames Trump for coronavirus outbreak in Qom - The Jerusalem Post
1 day ago · The Friday Prayer Imam of the religious city of Qom, which has been struck with a coronavirus outbreak that has left 29 infected and six dead, blamed US President Donald Trump on Saturday for targeting the city with the virus in order to "make Qom look like an unsafe city and to ...

Jan 31, 2020 · Trump Has Sabotaged America's Coronavirus Response. As it improvises its way ... “ China is actually setting a new standard for outbreak response.” ... Don't Blame Bat Soup for the Wuhan Virus.

Foreign Policy
Russian Disinformation Takes on Coronavirus, Pointing a Finger at the United States

Feb 14, 2020 · Russia Knows Just Who to Blame for the Coronavirus: America ... because U.S. President Donald
Are you somehow surprised that the IRANIANS are blaming Trump for everything? Don't you know that is their official policy?
The Russians? Foreign Policy? I somehow thought you were talking about Democrats? I did not know the Democrats were in Iran and Russia.

But you missed the 'FP' AKA Foreign Policy (American Magazine) article that does blame Trump......

…….For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure. In numerous phone calls and emails with key agencies across the U.S. government, the only consistent response I encountered was distressed confusion. If the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it is —not just for the public but for the government itself, which largely finds itself in the dark.

When Ebola broke out in West Africa in 2014, President Barack Obama recognized that responding to the outbreak overseas, while also protecting Americans at home, involved multiple U.S. government departments and agencies, none of which were speaking to one another.
Okay. He found a partisan site. Shall I give him a cookie? The MSM, which is where I get MY news, and is supposedly owned and operated by Democrats, is not saying that at all.

Biden slams Trump for cutting health programs before coronavirus outbreak

White House task force on coronavirus another example of Trump administration's lack of diversity - CNNPolitics
This doesn't blame Trump for the spread of the virus, the creation of the virus, or anything else. It's the usual CNN complaint about white men in the driver's seat. It think it's a pretty good ad for the administration (so far anyway) that that is the best CNN can come up with, don't you?

Well. It seems the DemonRATS HAVE FOUND SOME WAY OF KILLING THE STOCK MARKET..... Simply get the virus to leapfrog all over the world....that is a sure way of killing manufacturing.....we talked about the DemonRATS complaining about Trump IF HE CUŔED CANCER.....THIS NEW VIRUS (Now claimed it didn't start in Wuhan but they STILL DON'T KNOW WHERE!) is now to be blamed on .
....Trump.....who else!

If they do find a cure BEFORE ELECTION . I am quite sure the Dimwits will come up with plan Q to continue their psychotic reign of lies and terror!

------------

U.S. stock futures pointed to sharp declines on Wall Street at the open on Monday as the number of coronavirus cases outside China surged, stoking fears of a prolonged global economic slowdown from the virus spreading.

As of 7:47 a.m. ET, Dow Jones Industrial Average futures were down 774 points, indicating a drop of 767 points at the open. Dow futures were down more than 800 points earlier in the session. S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 futures were down by 2.5% and 2.8%, respectively.

Futures pointed to the biggest one-day points drop for the Dow since August, when the 30-stock average slid 800 points.

-----------

LANSING, Mich. — The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services said Saturday there are 325 people in the state who are being monitored for novel coronavirus, now known as COVID-19.

Fears of a global pandemic continue to grow as coronavirus cases spike in several countries, including Italy, South Korea, and Iran. A staggering 50 people have died in the Iranian city of Qom from the new coronavirus this month, Iran's semiofficial ILNA news agency reported on Monday. The new death toll is significantly higher than the latest number of confirmed cases of infections that Iranian officials had reported just a few hours earlier by and which stood at just 12 deaths out of 47 cases, according to state TV. The 50 deaths date back as far as Feb. 13, according.....

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- A staggering 50 people have died in the Iranian city of Qom from the new coronavirus this month, Iran's semiofficial ILNA news agency reported on Monday. The new death toll is significantly higher than the latest number of confirmed cases of infections that Iranian officials had reported just a few hours earlier by and which stood at just 12 deaths out of 47 cases, according to state TV. ...

Iran reported eight deaths from the new coronavirus on February 23, 2020, reaching a grim milestone for the highest death toll outside China where the epidemic started originated. The outbreak of Covid-19 in Iran has advanced quickly since the first case was reported on February 19, with at least 43 people now confirmed with infections....

Many more!

I actually think this could help Trump. The stock market was bloated and growth has been slightly above anemic even with all the QE and low interest rates from the Fed. At this point I’d say there is at least a 25% chance we slip into recession before November, and because of this virus, Trump has a built in excuse for the recession (which was inevitable anyway, IMO).

Foreign Policy

Okay. He found a partisan site. Shall I give him a cookie? The MSM, which is where I get MY news, and is supposedly owned and operated by Democrats, is not saying that at all.

White House task force on coronavirus another example of Trump administration's lack of diversity - CNNPolitics
This doesn't blame Trump for the spread of the virus, the creation of the virus, or anything else. It's the usual CNN complaint about white men in the driver's seat. It think it's a pretty good ad for the administration (so far anyway) that that is the best CNN can come up with, don't you?

Yet it is CNN, one of the most Main Stream Media outlets, that you've said you get your news from and 'is supposedly owned and operated by Democrats, is not saying that at all' ....that also regurgitate the 'ineffectiveness' of the current administration VS the previous one, almost word for word from the FP article...….first clue to that is 'LACK OF DIVERSITY' in the headline and a few more details within. Either way, and no matter how they fluff it up, it's still blaming Trump in one way or another....that you said they weren't.

You really need to stop paying attention to the MSM that you follow cause they are rotting your brain to the point that you can't even see the very points you are trying to deny

Yet it is CNN, one of the most Main Stream Media outlets, that you've said you get your news from and 'is supposedly owned and operated by Democrats, is not saying that at all' ....that also regurgitate the 'ineffectiveness' of the current administration VS the previous one, almost word for word from the FP article...….first clue to that is 'LACK OF DIVERSITY' in the headline and a few more details within. Either way, and no matter how they fluff it up, it's still blaming Trump in one way or another....that you said they weren't.

You really need to stop paying attention to the MSM that you follow cause they are rotting your brain to the point that you can't even see the very points you are trying to deny
Nut, I haven't watched CNN in over two years. The article was a link here.

And FP is not a mainstream source. I'm sure of it. So don't be criticizing MY choice of news (which is the morning paper, the highlights on the radio travelling to and from work, and sometimes something of interest that surfaces here that I go and research). I really thought you had more sense than this, but I guess I was wrong.

....Trump.....who else!

------------

-----------

Many more!

Foreign Policy

Rachael Madcow has also been spreading crap and panic with her crap. Her thing 'Trump fired everyone at CDC', blah, blah, blah. She neglects to say anything about the revamp being in 2018 and the corruption that the directors were charged with, etc.

What are you talking about ?? I'd like a link for your assumptions.

Last edited:

Foreign Policy

Did he replace them, though? We have to have a pandemic response team with a good solid leadership. Remember Katrina? We don't need another muddle like that.
2018, HIV researcher Dr. Robert Redfield replaced Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald.

Nut, I haven't watched CNN in over two years. The article was a link here.

And FP is not a mainstream source. I'm sure of it. So don't be criticizing MY choice of news (which is the morning paper, the highlights on the radio travelling to and from work, and sometimes something of interest that surfaces here that I go and research). I really thought you had more sense than this, but I guess I was wrong.

Now how in the hell am I supposed to know what source of MSM you follow or not? This all started when YOU said you follow MSM for your news sources and YOU didn't see anything blaming Trump...…….you have since been provided several sources, by myself and others here, links to the contrary... and then you say I'm lacking sense????

I really don't know about FP (Foreign Policy) other than doing a search about it, that showed up with this......

Foreign Policy - Wikipedia

PS...…...from Wiki it says it is owned by "Graham Holdings (former WaPo)

....Trump.....who else!

------------

-----------

Many more!

Foreign Policy

I assume you meant this article, 2 republicans tramp put in,
Is the CDC Losing Control?

Its no doubt he has cut funding for CDC, HUD, Medicaid, Epa, and all science departs.

So it is his fault.

Foreign Policy

Its no doubt he has cut funding for CDC, HUD, Medicaid, Epa, and all science departs.

So it is his fault.
Ignorant to play the blame game on such a serious health threat that is squarely on the shoulders of China and its authoritarian regime but feel free to do so as it shows how unhinged the left can be.

Well, now, I'm glad I cashed out of the market 100% 3 months ago! That being said, I think that Trump needs to personally go to China and look into this whole virus thing...

Foreign Policy

2018, HIV researcher Dr. Robert Redfield replaced Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald.

And who is Brenda Fitzgerald, republican and along with Price and he picked her, and we know what happened to him . And a Democrat brought it to attention.

Foreign Policy

So it is his fault.
Ignorant to play the blame game on such a serious health threat that is squarely on the shoulders of China and its authoritarian regime but feel free to do so as it shows how unhinged the left can be.

No its not ignorant, tramp has had major cuts to the CDC , its his fault. Nothing to do with ? authoritarian regime, it was due to selling bushmeat.

So it is his fault.

No its not ignorant, tramp has had major cuts to the CDC , its his fault. Nothing to do with ? authoritarian regime, it was due to selling bushmeat.
Ignore that it is an altered virus if you like. It didn't come from "bush meat" it came from a lab. Naturally occurring viruses do not have splices of HIV in them.

So it is his fault.

Ignore that it is an altered virus if you like. It didn't come from "bush meat" it came from a lab. Naturally occurring viruses do not have splices of HIV in them.

...and the conspiracy theories begin.....

So it is his fault.

...and the conspiracy theories begin.....
"Conspiracy theories", is all you can come up with. Fact is biologist around the globe sharing information on this one but press on and believe as you wish.

....Trump.....who else!

------------

-----------

Many more!

You can't blame the drop completely on coronavirus this has been coming for the past few months.

The coronavirus is hurting stocks, but here's what could be the real problem

....Trump.....who else!

------------

-----------

Many more!

If you or anyone would have read a book by Dean Kootz back in the early 80's he talked about a bio lab in Wuhan and mentioned the 400 or so coronaviruses and the year 2020.

Forum List

Back