Dow futures rip 700 points higher amid report Gilead drug showing effectiveness treating coronavirus

You just know that all the TDS morons are crying into their beer. This means the shutdown will soon be over, and the death count will be several orders of magnitude than anything the hysteria mongers have predicted:

U.S. stock futures surged on Thursday night after a report said a Gilead Sciences drug was showing effectiveness in treating the coronavirus. The move pointed to a jump for the stock market on Friday.
Dow Jones Industrial Average futures were up 700 points, or about 3%. S&P 500 futures gained 2.8% while Nasdaq 100 futures were up by 1.8%.
Gilead shares jumped by 14% in after-hours trading after STAT news reported that a Chicago hospital treating coronavirus patients with Remdesivir in a trial were recovering rapidly from severe symptoms. The publication cited a video it obtained where the trial results were discussed.
Why does your post focus on people crying into their beer because less people may die? You realize that just makes YOU sound like a moron right?
I "focus" on what TDS morons do. They want to see this COVID-19 shutdown ruin as many people as possible. They also want it to kill as many people. That maximum amount of pain his how they believe they can defeat Trump. It's as simple as that. Noting facts doesn't make me anything other than right.
While I hope your thread brings good news, you seem pretty wacked out about trump. Almost all his policy has failed. He should lose the election regardless of anything virus related.
Which of his policies have failed?
Almost all of them. Would be easier to ask which ones haven't failed.
Weasel.

You just know that all the TDS morons are crying into their beer. This means the shutdown will soon be over, and the death count will be several orders of magnitude than anything the hysteria mongers have predicted:

U.S. stock futures surged on Thursday night after a report said a Gilead Sciences drug was showing effectiveness in treating the coronavirus. The move pointed to a jump for the stock market on Friday.
Dow Jones Industrial Average futures were up 700 points, or about 3%. S&P 500 futures gained 2.8% while Nasdaq 100 futures were up by 1.8%.
Gilead shares jumped by 14% in after-hours trading after STAT news reported that a Chicago hospital treating coronavirus patients with Remdesivir in a trial were recovering rapidly from severe symptoms. The publication cited a video it obtained where the trial results were discussed.
Why does your post focus on people crying into their beer because less people may die? You realize that just makes YOU sound like a moron right?

They're crying into their beer because like everything else they've attempted over the last three years, they've failed. In this case, they won't induce a Depression.
Trump is the one who has failed at almost everything. Failed at healthcare. Failed to make Mexico pay for that wall. Failed to decrease deficits. Failed to increase gdp growth.... the list is long.
He did increase GDP growth, just not to over 3%. The house is responsible for failing to pass healthcare reform. That douchebag Paul Ryan and the establishment Republicans who hated Trump are repsonsible. Making Mexico pay for the wall is much less important than getting it built, and he is doing that.

The bottom line: the only things he failed at required cooperation from the House, and he didn't get that.

Yeah..except he didn't. And no, Republicans..after 10 years of bullshit, couldn't pass their "beautiful" healthcare plans...because they didn't have any.
Sure...with the amount of virus infected cases in the US, Mexico is liable to build a wall around us....so in a weird way, you got what you wanted. LOL. :)

Unlike you, actual Americans with 401k's are still fucked.​

You wish. I have a 401k and I’m not fucked. Government worker aren’t you?

Mine went down about 22%. Considering the circumstance, not the worst thing in the world. It does provide opportunities to me. Buy low--sell high I always say, and so do people who became wealthy in the market.

Right now, the market will bounce around for a while. But I plan on sending a check to the agency that handles my funds when I'm confident it's the right time.

Mine is down 13% ytd and up 4% one year. But here’s the thing about liberals....they all think, without exception, that today is forever. None of them grasp economics and they have been taught the stock market is a rigged game where rich people place money with no risk and it only goes straight up like an ATM machine.

Every time it moves down they chatter and cackle and swear it’s broken. They simply don’t have the ability to grasp it.

Now a government check they can grasp.

Mine went down about 22%. Considering the circumstance, not the worst thing in the world. It does provide opportunities to me. Buy low--sell high I always say, and so do people who became wealthy in the market.

Right now, the market will bounce around for a while. But I plan on sending a check to the agency that handles my funds when I'm confident it's the right time.

Mine is down 13% ytd and up 4% one year. I’ve been down as much as 60% in the Obama years. But here’s the thing about liberals....they all think, without exception, that today is forever. None of them grasp economics and they have been taught the stock market is a rigged game where rich people place money with no risk and it only goes straight up like an ATM machine.

Every time it moves down they chatter and cackle and swear it’s broken. They simply don’t have the ability to grasp it.

Now a government check they can grasp.

Well OnePercenter I agree with you almost always, yet I don't think that "Americans with 401k's" are screwed. My 401 K is ok, as is my future pension. That said, those with 409k's need to be worried. LOL.
Buy low--sell high I always say
This is exactly WHY the rich get richer.
You got extra cash to invest Ray? When the market is low? Yes or No.
Most people don't.
I care about Most People, you are a ME person.

They're crying into their beer because like everything else they've attempted over the last three years, they've failed. In this case, they won't induce a Depression.
Trump is the one who has failed at almost everything. Failed at healthcare. Failed to make Mexico pay for that wall. Failed to decrease deficits. Failed to increase gdp growth.... the list is long.
He did increase GDP growth, just not to over 3%. The house is responsible for failing to pass healthcare reform. That douchebag Paul Ryan and the establishment Republicans who hated Trump are repsonsible. Making Mexico pay for the wall is much less important than getting it built, and he is doing that.

The bottom line: the only things he failed at required cooperation from the House, and he didn't get that.

Yeah..except he didn't. And no, Republicans..after 10 years of bullshit, couldn't pass their "beautiful" healthcare plans...because they didn't have any.
Sure...with the amount of virus infected cases in the US, Mexico is liable to build a wall around us....so in a weird way, you got what you wanted. LOL. :)
Did you have a point of some kind?

C'mon, you can do better than that, son. Tell me why I shouldn't think Donald John Trump is an abject failure as President? Give me one promise to his base that he's kept?

C'mon, you can do better than that, son. Tell me why I shouldn't think Donald John Trump is an abject failure as President? Give me one promise to his base that he's kept?
Building the wall, cutting taxes, appointing conservative judges, cutting regulations, growing the economy . . . . . .

FDA gives Gilead a seven year regulatory monopoly for remdesivir to treat COVID-19, on grounds it is an “Orphan” treating a rare disease

So what just happened?

There are patents on remdesivir held by Gilead. But under 28 USC 1498(a), the US can overcome the patent monopoly, and buy a generic. It can contract with the generic company to make and import to the US. There is already at least one generic company that we have talked to that is developing a generic version. But to sell a drug in the United States, you need FDA approval.

The FDA is not allowed to register an generic version for use for COVID-19 for 7 years under the action the FDA took today, because the U.S. government did not include an exception to the regulatory monopoly in the Orphan Drug Act. Congress can and should fix this. There should not be an exception proof monopoly for rare diseases.

Also, the FDA should be challenged for even declaring COVID-19 a rare disease, given the expectations of how many people are already infected and how many will be infected in a few days.

And yet Gov't funded studies at major universities helped study this Drug for SARS of 2003 and MERV

Gilead, as I've read, is a CUT THROAT PHARMA......who is about to CASH IN on gov't funded research.............Imagine that.

FOLLOW THE MONEY

c9587cf6fcc52da56db54e40f74622a3--airsoft-jack-oconnell.jpg

Well OnePercenter I agree with you almost always, yet I don't think that "Americans with 401k's" are screwed. My 401 K is ok, as is my future pension. That said, those with 409k's need to be worried. LOL.
Most people don't.

I never had a brokerage account of any type until a few weeks ago. Just couldn't resist a down market. I bought one stock held it for two weeks and made 28%. I'm not trading large sums but an $800 profit for me ain't nothing to sneeze at. Oh and I only sold it because the company did away with their dividends. BTW, here's a clue commie, everyone is a ME person.

Most people don't.

I never had a brokerage account of any type until a few weeks ago. Just couldn't resist a down market. I bought one stock held it for two weeks and made 28%. I'm not trading large sums but an $800 profit for me ain't nothing to sneeze at. Oh and I only sold it because the company did away with their dividends. BTW, here's a clue commie, everyone is a ME person.

You had me until your last sentence. Why am I a commie?
Hey, congrats on the 28%. Well Done.
If you sell that gain, you will have to declare that to the IRS, unless you want to trump it....ie...Lie.
Capitalism baby. You reap, you must pay.

Perhaps Trump should discourage the use of Remdesivir at his next press conference. Then all the Democrats will want everyone to have access to it as soon as possible.

Right, of course that won't happen because this drug appears to have promise. Unlike the other drugs pushed by wingnuts.

You really are a disappointment.

Perhaps Trump should discourage the use of Remdesivir at his next press conference. Then all the Democrats will want everyone to have access to it as soon as possible.

Right, of course that won't happen because this drug appears to have promise. Unlike the other drugs pushed by wingnuts.

17D2498B-F3FB-40E7-87CA-CB62D16F7C4C.jpeg

FDA gives Gilead a seven year regulatory monopoly for remdesivir to treat COVID-19, on grounds it is an “Orphan” treating a rare disease

So what just happened?

There are patents on remdesivir held by Gilead. But under 28 USC 1498(a), the US can overcome the patent monopoly, and buy a generic. It can contract with the generic company to make and import to the US. There is already at least one generic company that we have talked to that is developing a generic version. But to sell a drug in the United States, you need FDA approval.

The FDA is not allowed to register an generic version for use for COVID-19 for 7 years under the action the FDA took today, because the U.S. government did not include an exception to the regulatory monopoly in the Orphan Drug Act. Congress can and should fix this. There should not be an exception proof monopoly for rare diseases.

Also, the FDA should be challenged for even declaring COVID-19 a rare disease, given the expectations of how many people are already infected and how many will be infected in a few days.

You're not very smart, are ya? Why would a company go to the expense of developing a treatment for a rare disease if other companies who didn't spend the money for R&D could take their work and undercut them?

View attachment 324411

Don't worry, I don't expect much from you anyway.

Most people don't.

You had me until your last sentence. Why am I a commie?
Hey, congrats on the 28%. Well Done.
If you sell that gain, you will have to declare that to the IRS, unless you want to trump it....ie...Lie.
Capitalism baby. You reap, you must pay.

Actually, I calculated it wrong, it was 61%, I made $1.95 on a stock I bought for $3.18 per share. And I have no problem reporting it, It's not enough to put me in a higher bracket, which this year was 0%. Oh and commies worry about the collective, and think the individual is insignificant. I'm a proud individual and worry about me and mine FIRST.

Great news!

Forum List

Back