How bad will earnings be?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I think we are going to see the scariest earnings numbers and guidance in modern history. How can companies even forecast with any confidence? Am I wrong? I hope so but we've never seen entire industries go from boom to bust in a month.

I think we are going to see the scariest earnings numbers and guidance in modern history. How can companies even forecast with any confidence? Am I wrong? I hope so but we've never seen entire industries go from boom to bust in a month.

Which is why I told you guys (right here on the USMB) to get out of the market when it was still at 29. I hope you listened.

absolutely horrible! yes worst in history. No one can extrapolate thefuture right now with any accuracy what so ever. The only ray of hope is that the roaring twenties came after the 1918 pandemic. I must admit I know liitle about this time period other than all the movies focused on the period which mainly focused on the night life. I am going to have to reesearch what was done back then.

Which is why I told you guys (right here on the USMB) to get out of the market when it was still at 29. I hope you listened.

You should start your own investment newsletter!
You must be batting 1.000!!!!

Look at the bright side! With no one driving, Allstate is giving refunds. I'll be calling my auto insurance asking them where my rate reductions are. And with everything closed, parks, schools, I damn well expect my city, borough and school taxes to be revised, or there will be hell to pay! How can there be any school tax with no schools!

I've only made about $300 in the shop since the first week of March. Normally it would be maybe 10 times that.
I make about $60-$70 a day in milk, that's with zero BS like mastitis or other nonsense that often appears.
That covers payroll and insurance for the workers......sorta.
3 hogs are about ready so some bacon and "Jaimi Deeno Salchicha" will be available soon.
A couple grand worth. 2 months later will be rainbow trout. 1000 lbs or so, then a couple months after that the coffee and after that some Tonnage and Brooks avocado. Maybe 15 tons.
Christmas was always tourism bux.... cabins and tours. That show is permanently over, I fear.
I may have to become an underwear model !

Look at the bright side! With no one driving, Allstate is giving refunds. I'll be calling my auto insurance asking them where my rate reductions are. And with everything closed, parks, schools, I damn well expect my city, borough and school taxes to be revised, or there will be hell to pay! How can there be any school tax with no schools!
Hmm interesting. So that's logical but I don't think I'm going to hold my breath waiting for my property taxes to be cut.

Hmm interesting. So that's logical but I don't think I'm going to hold my breath waiting for my property taxes to be cut.
Waiting for someone else to do it for you is to insure it never happens. Go out and start contacting other people, writing your tax boards, organize and DEMAND IT. With everything closed, obviously THEIR operating costs have dropped drastically, and they should be sending you a reduced tax fee to reflect that. I'd say right now if things opened tomorrow, we are already due a 12% cut. Or are you just another sheeple that likes handing money away for nothing rather than confronting?

You should start your own investment newsletter!
You must be batting 1.000!!!!

You're welcome!

I've only made about $300 in the shop since the first week of March. Normally it would be maybe 10 times that.
I make about $60-$70 a day in milk, that's with zero BS like mastitis or other nonsense that often appears.
That covers payroll and insurance for the workers......sorta.
3 hogs are about ready so some bacon and "Jaimi Deeno Salchicha" will be available soon.
A couple grand worth. 2 months later will be rainbow trout. 1000 lbs or so, then a couple months after that the coffee and after that some Tonnage and Brooks avocado. Maybe 15 tons.
Christmas was always tourism bux.... cabins and tours. That show is permanently over, I fear.
I may have to become an underwear model !
This is the unspoken cost of the virus war. People like you who built your business over years had it ripped away before we all even knew what happened.

Forum List

Back