Are you a Christian or a Follower of Christ?

For the record, the extent to which I act like an asshole depends on how disrespectfully you act towards my religious beliefs. If you're capable of having a civil discussion, let me know.

If I recall, Aisha became a major leader for at least one sect of Islam for a time after Muhammad's death. All sources indicate her behavior towards him was indicate of love and respect, making claims of an abusive relationship seem somewhat doubttful

Wrong. Why don't you go ahead and cite the specific portion of the Qur'an you're referring to? I already know what it is and strongly suggest that you read it in context before posting blatant inaccuracies on message boards.
“Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress limits…191And slay them wherever ye catch them. and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for persecution is worse than slaughter; But fight them not at the sacred Mosque unless they (first) fight you there; But if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who reject faith. 192 But if they cease, Allah is oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. 193And fight them on until there is no more persecution. And the religion becomes Allah’s. But if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression 194 The sacred month is for the sacred month and for the prohibited things there is the Law of Equality. Then whoever transgresses the prohibition against you, you likewise transgress him. And fear Allah, and know that Allah is with the pious.” (Surah 2:190-194)[1]-)

Slay them until they bow to islam, and the kafir shall be beneath you

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)

"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home." (Surah 9:73)

and so on

Muhammad married a widow, took the money, and was thrown out of town. He had seizures in a cave, started a cult, and began raiding caravans for money

If I recall, Aisha became a major leader for at least one sect of Islam for a time after Muhammad's death. All sources indicate her behavior towards him was indicate of love and respect, making claims of an abusive relationship seem somewhat doubttful

Wrong. Why don't you go ahead and cite the specific portion of the Qur'an you're referring to? I already know what it is and strongly suggest that you read it in context before posting blatant inaccuracies on message boards.
“Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress limits…191And slay them wherever ye catch them. and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for persecution is worse than slaughter; But fight them not at the sacred Mosque unless they (first) fight you there; But if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who reject faith. 192 But if they cease, Allah is oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. 193And fight them on until there is no more persecution. And the religion becomes Allah’s. But if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression 194 The sacred month is for the sacred month and for the prohibited things there is the Law of Equality. Then whoever transgresses the prohibition against you, you likewise transgress him. And fear Allah, and know that Allah is with the pious.” (Surah 2:190-194)[1]-)

Slay them until they bow to islam, and the kafir shall be beneath you

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)

"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home." (Surah 9:73)

and so on

Muhammad married a widow, took the money, and was thrown out of town. He had seizures in a cave, started a cult, and began raiding caravans for money

Yo.......sha-zam kalam........you've just been pwned.

Welcome to the boards.

Thanks JB.

How do Muslims explain the intertestamental period suddenly ending at the very odd 630AD when Prophet Mohammad made his absurd claims?
Muhammad began teaching in 613. By 630 he had already bloodlessly liberated Mecca. What does it matter when this occurred? Time has absolutely no bearing on religious/philosophical enlightenment.

Bloodlessly? It's documented fact that Mohammad waged a war against Mecca killing 10,000 men.

I asked a specific question; how do Muslims justify the coming of Prophet after the beginning of the intertestamental period about 420BC.

Which is when Malachi, the last Prophet, wrote.

This is; consequently, around the time of the end of the Captivity, which is what I was talking about. And it completes a part of the symmetrical "400 years" between major events in the Bible.

The Prophet Mohammad is completely out of the pattern of events in the Bible, so how do Muslims justify their faith as people of the Book when they ignore the Bible?

I guarantee you these "followers of Jesus" are more immoral than Christians, because they are hippies, sent by leftist propaganda to tear down the Gospel and build up a false golden idol.

They don't love Christ, they simply use him to "identify" with something "cool".

Really? Explain to me the difference between a follower of Christ and a Christian. I consider them to be one and the same.

I guarantee you these "followers of Jesus" are more immoral than Christians, because they are hippies, sent by leftist propaganda to tear down the Gospel and build up a false golden idol.

They don't love Christ, they simply use him to "identify" with something "cool".

Really? Explain to me the difference between a follower of Christ and a Christian. I consider them to be one and the same.

A Christian is "in Christ". You cannot "follow Christ" that is meaningless to the Church. The Church is "in Christ", and Christ is "in the Church" through the Holy Spirit.

There is no compromise on this fact, it is Biblical heresy to claim anything else.

To remove the fact that you are "in Christ" is to remove a facet of Christianity, to be heretical, or an Apostate.

"I asked a specific question; how do Muslims justify the coming of Prophet after the beginning of the intertestamental period about 420BC."

because they're all lunatics.

Anyone who follows christ has a soft spot for homosexuals, and that's a good thing.

I am a man of GOD, a former Priest, a follower of His Holiness the Pope. I will enter Heaven.

For the record, the extent to which I act like an asshole depends on how disrespectfully you act towards my religious beliefs. If you're capable of having a civil discussion, let me know.

Kalam,

If as I suspect you are a Muslim than how can I possibly havean intelligent debate with you? Yours is a religion based on hatred, you worship a man you call Muhummed and this man was a confessed pedohile. Is your religion legitimate? I think not. It is based on hate, intolerance, slavery, and murder. Islam is such a sick religion that people actually see no wrong in hijacking jet aircraft loaded with people and ramming Office Buildings killing thousands. All in the name of Allah and Muhummed.

I have no respect for you or your religion any more than I respect Asdolph Hitler. In fact I despise your people and would willingly drop a nuclear bomb on the middle-east to rid the world of the cancer of Islam.

Hi Newby:

That was a very nice post, but it failed to address my question. Does being a Christian make you more 'moral' than other people?

You can ask the same question to different professing Christians and receive a series of 'yes' and 'no' answers. You are assuming that there are only Christians and unbelievers doomed to hell and the lake of fire, when in reality that is not the truth at all. God has a myriad of different 'dispensations' (Vine's definition) with a variety of human and angelic hosts and the members of Christ's Body (Church #2) represents just one of them. The difference is that the natural unregenerate man (1Cor. 2:14) has only 'one' nature with which he was born, but the true believer in our gospel has received a new inner man (Rom. 7:22, 2Cor. 4:16, Eph. 3:16 = Fig 1) that Paul describes as "Christ IN You" and "this mystery among the Gentiles." Colossians 1:27. Some among us are "new creatures" (2Cor. 5:16-17) 'IN' Christ Jesus (right side of diagram) and the majority simply are not. Period. My work on "The Mystery Explained" includes about 700 pages of manuscript and 80 diagrams here if anybody is interested . . .

I'm a Christian as well, and if you have accepted Jesus into your heart, asked for forgiveness and were baptized in His name, then it doesn't matter what label you give yourself.

No sir. You are a 'professing' Christian that has 'obviously' mixed the "Two Gospels" together and now cannot even begin to describe the difference using Scripture or anything else. You are describing a 'works-based' fake gospel that has NOTHING to do with becoming a member of Christ's Body at all. God either sends the 'preacher' (Rom. 10:14-17) with 'our gospel' (#2) 'and' the Holy Spirit 'IN' that preacher hands you the 'faith of Jesus' (Rom 3:26 = study the Greek) to actually "believe" (Eph. 1:13-14), so the Holy Spirit can baptize you into Christ (Gal. 3:27 = Fig 2); OR, all of your pathetic WORKS finds you baptized very much into something else!

Diagram

Click on the diagram to see a picture of the Natural Man in Figure 1 and the member of Christ's Body (like me) in Figure 2 'and' a "Son of Disobedience" in Figure #3 that represents the "MANY" professing Christians in the world right now only thinking they are saved. Roman Catholicism 'and' Greek Orthodoxy 'and' modern-day Protestantism represent the "MANY" on the wide and paved and luxurious road to destruction and they will be the very last 'servants of righteousness' serving their 'angel of light' (2Cor. 11:14-15) to ever figure that out . . .

'IN' Christ Jesus right this moment,

Terral

Terral, I said nothing about 'works'.

Hey Yukon......quick question..........

Remember where it says in the Bible not to add or take away one jot or tittle?

WTF did the Catholics do? They took what the Hebrews had, and threw away part of it, replacing it with pagan rituals like Easter, which they made coincide with the Spring solstice.

Same thing with Yeshua's birthday.....they changed that date to coincide with the Winter solstice.

Face it dude......your religion is deluded and needs a lot of help.

Hey Yukon......quick question..........

Remember where it says in the Bible not to add or take away one jot or tittle?

WTF did the Catholics do? They took what the Hebrews had, and threw away part of it, replacing it with pagan rituals like Easter, which they made coincide with the Spring solstice.

Same thing with Yeshua's birthday.....they changed that date to coincide with the Winter solstice.

Face it dude......your religion is deluded and needs a lot of help.

ask him what he thinks about scapulars, indulgences, calling an earthly man 'father', and iconography...

It would be the same answer JB, blind obedience to a pagan religion that claims to be Christianity.

BTW.......even though we've had our differences, I'm starting to think you're all right.

There are none as blind as those who refuse to see.....the Holy Father in Rome is God's messenger. Follow his teachings and you will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Deny His Holiness the Pope and ye shall suffer the eternal hell fire.

Forum List

Back