If we got super lucky

As far as increasing taxes, I'm a firm believing that all spending cuts should be done first.
I used to think that way. The problem is, it doesn't work. No politician who wants to keep their job will cut spending. The only way it will happen is if voters demand that spending be cut, and the only way that will happen is if the voters are forced to pay for the government they're getting.

I think every new bill that requires more spending should be accompanied by tax increases - tax increases labeled to associate them with the new spending they support. That's the only thing that will get people's attention. As long as they're not paying for it, they'll vote for every new bene a demagogue politician proposes.

Trumps idea of cutting taxes and increasing spending (which is about the same as W & Reagan did), only made things worse.

It did increase his deficits.

Biden has been worse than Trump year on year.

He's projected to be at 2.5 Trillion this year.

But they have the balls to produce this....

FACT SHEET: President Biden Is Fighting to Reduce the Deficit, Cut Taxes for Working Families, and Invest in America by Making Big Corporations and the Wealthy Pay Their Fair Share​

Not real hard apparently.

Cause he's in really bad shape.

And so are wel

I used to think that way. The problem is, it doesn't work. No politician who wants to keep their job will cut spending. The only way it will happen is if voters demand that spending be cut, and the only way that will happen is if the voters are forced to pay for the government they're getting.

I think every new bill that requires more spending should be accompanied by tax increases - tax increases labeled to associate them with the new spending they support. That's the only thing that will get people's attention. As long as they're not paying for it, they'll vote for every new bene a demagogue politician proposes.

I totally agree.

21% of our GDP goes through DC. It's totally insane.

4.9 Trillion is the federal government intake.

If th deficit is 2.5 Trillion...then that means the deficit is 50% over what they are taking in or 33.3% of the total spending.

That is absolutely insane, stupid, irresponsible, unsustainable, and corrupt.

Try running your house like that.

See how long you last.

It did increase his deficits.

Biden has been worse than Trump year on year.

He's projected to be at 2.5 Trillion this year.

But they have the balls to produce this....

FACT SHEET: President Biden Is Fighting to Reduce the Deficit, Cut Taxes for Working Families, and Invest in America by Making Big Corporations and the Wealthy Pay Their Fair Share​

Not real hard apparently.

Cause he's in really bad shape.

And so are wel

If he's increasing the spending, it's because of our left leaning Republicans who gave him the money.

The reason I think spending cuts should be done first ( in my fantasy dream world), would be to see just how much of an increase in taxes is needed, to start working down the debt. Otherwise, tax increases might be too much or not enough.
Plus it would get the politicians mind right on what's more important? Driving us off the fiscal cliff (not far ahead). or saving the USD from being overtaken by BRICS. (still a ways off, but getting closer every time a new country signs on)

I hope Trump knows by now how thoroughly he has crapped the bed on healthcare. If he still doesn't know it yet, then that says enough about his competence in a second term.

Forum List

Back