Who can beat the Seahawks in the NFC or Broncos in the AFC?

We haven't had a dome in awhile. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then I guess I haven't watched them in a while....:lol:

Yeah! I guess so. Lol
Tore down the Kingdome a few years ago. I was a little sad, saw my first MLB and NFL game there.
On a side note, I really want to see the Mariners play the Yankees at Yankee stadium in the Spring.. Trying to plan a trip. It would be my son's first MLB game.

I saw Nolan Ryan pitch his last professional game at the Kingdome. He went 2/3's of an inning and his arm gave out.

Here are the scores from the teams the seahawks have played and will be playing during the playoff's
This was when Carolina lost 3 games at the start of the year
Seattle 12
Carolina 7

San Francisco 3
Seattle 29

New Orleans 7
Seattle 34

Seattle 17
San Francisco 19

The only AFC team the seahawk have man handled is Jacksonville

Carolina has scored 345 points and allowed 241 points
Seahawks have allowed 231 points and scored 417

Seahawks lost to Colts 34-28

For anyone to say Carolina can't score enough points to beat the seahawks is insane.
I say it's a toss up
But first there are other games before the two may meet.
First things first.

I do think the NFC West is becoming the best Division in football. Seattle is at the top, the 49ers can play with anyone, the Cards have proven they are formidable, and the Rams are building a very good team and already have one of the top defenses.

But things can change quickly. A few years ago the NFC East was the best. Look at it now...

It is perplexing how far teams like the Giants have fallen. Turnovers..specifically interceptions have absolutely destroyed the Giants. Manning is a two time SB champ. He is now one of the most prolific turnover machines in the NFL. It just doesn't make any sense.

The Giants, even during their Super Bowl runs, were never a great team in the regular season. They were just able to get hot come playoff time.

Eli is the polar opposite of his brother. His regular season stats aren't that impressive, but he finds a way to win in the playoffs when he gets a chance.

The NFC West has a few years of dominance going forward, but there will be a lot of contracts to fit into the cap for both the Seahawks and 49ers in the next 2-3 years. It's going to take some financial hocus pocus not to lose a number of important players for both teams. It's possible that we could see another huge turnaround in division strength before the next decade begins.

I have always said that if given the exact same teams for their careers

Peyton would win more games
But Eli would win more championships

Then I guess I haven't watched them in a while....:lol:

Yeah! I guess so. Lol
Tore down the Kingdome a few years ago. I was a little sad, saw my first MLB and NFL game there.
On a side note, I really want to see the Mariners play the Yankees at Yankee stadium in the Spring.. Trying to plan a trip. It would be my son's first MLB game.

I saw Nolan Ryan pitch his last professional game at the Kingdome. He went 2/3's of an inning and his arm gave out.

I think my cousins went to that game and one got his autograph after. I could be wrong, but I swear that is the story. My uncle had 5 boys and one girl, and the boys are die hard sports fan.

I do think the NFC West is becoming the best Division in football. Seattle is at the top, the 49ers can play with anyone, the Cards have proven they are formidable, and the Rams are building a very good team and already have one of the top defenses.

But things can change quickly. A few years ago the NFC East was the best. Look at it now...

It is perplexing how far teams like the Giants have fallen. Turnovers..specifically interceptions have absolutely destroyed the Giants. Manning is a two time SB champ. He is now one of the most prolific turnover machines in the NFL. It just doesn't make any sense.

That does have me confused also. I know they have had some injuries and the players are aging, but they should not be where they are...at or near the NFC East cellar. I am also very surprised that no one is mentioning the end of Tom Coughlin's tenure in NY.

I find that surprising...

I am also very surprised that no one is mentioning the end of Tom Coughlin's tenure in NY.

I find that surprising...

Two SB victories over the Patriots buys you a lot of laurels.

And speaking of the Patriots, 11 straight seasons of 10+ wins is pretty damned impressive in the salary cap era.

The Broncos played a whole bunch of door knobs that everybody got a turn on this year, like the Raiders twice, The Giants, The Jags, The Redskins, The Titans, The Cowboys, and the Texassas.The Broncos were given a cakewalk to the playoffs. Of the teams they played that had winning records, they lost to New England, The Colts, and split with the Chargers. They did beat the Eagles and the Chiefs, but that's still a losing record against winning teams. Look for Manning to go one and done in the cold weather.

The Broncos played a whole bunch of door knobs that everybody got a turn on this year, like the Raiders twice, The Giants, The Jags, The Redskins, The Titans, The Cowboys, and the Texassas.The Broncos were given a cakewalk to the playoffs. Of the teams they played that had winning records, they lost to New England, The Colts, and split with the Chargers. They did beat the Eagles and the Chiefs, but that's still a losing record against winning teams. Look for Manning to go one and done in the cold weather.

Losing Von Miller isn't going to help either.

Until someone beats Denver in Denver in the playoffs, they are the best in the AFC. If Peyton is denied his passing yardage record because one was a lateral, he will have a bit of a chip on his shoulders, I would think.

Until someone beats Denver in Denver in the playoffs, they are the best in the AFC. If Peyton is denied his passing yardage record because one was a lateral, he will have a bit of a chip on his shoulders, I would think.

It was not denied

Another one is the Redskins.. WOW !! Shanahan really screwed the pooch with his handling of RGII and the team overall. That wasn't a sophmore slump ... it was a second year train wreck. It's easy to see why Carroll is so careful about Harvin playing too soon. The sad part in Shanahan's judgement is that Cousins is a great QB and he filled in splendidly for Robby Three Gees last year. Somebody was lying thier asses off about RGII's health was it He himself..the doctors?

Even though he made it into the playoffs again Andrew luck had what could be called a sophmore slump. He had what appeared to be a collision of his abilities and NFL knowledge curve with the ability of his opponents natural ability to write a "book" on him and his stats and numbers showed it. Luck's slump was what one would expect.

The only two "hot young QB's" from last season that seemed immune from the NFL's learning curve on them were Wilson and to a lesser degree Kaepernick.. Overall Wilson has emerged the best of that pack.

Foles was obviously the big surprise in young QBs. He came out of nowhere..sort of. I remember him playing against Washington a couple of years ago and I recall he was EXTREMELY accurate. I also remember thinking he was NFL ready at the time the way he carved up the Huskies. At AZ he just looked too skinny to go pro.. way tall but no meat on those bones.

Another one is the Redskins.. WOW !! Shanahan really screwed the pooch with his handling of RGII and the team overall. That wasn't a sophmore slump ... it was a second year train wreck. It's easy to see why Carroll is so careful about Harvin playing too soon. The sad part in Shanahan's judgement is that Cousins is a great QB and he filled in splendidly for Robby Three Gees last year. Somebody was lying thier asses off about RGII's health was it He himself..the doctors?

Even though he made it into the playoffs again Andrew luck had what could be called a sophmore slump. He had what appeared to be a collision of his abilities and NFL knowledge curve with the ability of his opponents natural ability to write a "book" on him and his stats and numbers showed it. Luck's slump was what one would expect.

The only two "hot young QB's" from last season that seemed immune from the NFL's learning curve on them were Wilson and to a lesser degree Kaepernick.. Overall Wilson has emerged the best of that pack.

Foles was obviously the big surprise in young QBs. He came out of nowhere..sort of. I remember him playing against Washington a couple of years ago and I recall he was EXTREMELY accurate. I also remember thinking he was NFL ready at the time the way he carved up the Huskies. At AZ he just looked too skinny to go pro.. way tall but no meat on those bones.

As long as Danny Snyder is the owner of the Redskins, they are doomed.

Luck plays a much tougher type of game than the other young QB's. He also does not have the talent surrounding him like a Wilson has, and Wilson is more of a game manager, taking safe, high percentage passes.

I think the 49ers can beat the Seahawks -- wont be easy but it wouldnt shock me either. If there is a viable longshot its Carolina but I dont think they are ready.

In the AFC -- well the Broncos run into 2 headwinds. The Manning record in the post season and the Manning record in cold weather games. I can see them making the SB but I could see NE, Cinn. Indy beating them.

Also if there is really anything to the Manning chokes in big games (his record speaks for itself) he will be feeling it big time this year. After the year hes had if he fails again in the playoffs his critics will be on him worse than ever. And with good reason.

I dont see KC beating them. Yeah they got off to that glitzy start but I think they are more the team that went 2-4 or whatever it was after that an ive never been impressed by Reid in the post season although that may have more been due to McNabb who was awful in big games.

SD? No.

Wow, you missed a lot this year. Luck, the Colts QB, beat Kaepernik, Wilson, and Manning.

I knew Foles was going to be good when I saw him in preseason. But speaking of skinny, how about that Bucs QB?

I think the 49ers can beat the Seahawks -- wont be easy but it wouldnt shock me either. If there is a viable longshot its Carolina but I dont think they are ready.

In the AFC -- well the Broncos run into 2 headwinds. The Manning record in the post season and the Manning record in cold weather games. I can see them making the SB but I could see NE, Cinn. Indy beating them.

Also if there is really anything to the Manning chokes in big games (his record speaks for itself) he will be feeling it big time this year. After the year hes had if he fails again in the playoffs his critics will be on him worse than ever. And with good reason.

I dont see KC beating them. Yeah they got off to that glitzy start but I think they are more the team that went 2-4 or whatever it was after that an ive never been impressed by Reid in the post season although that may have more been due to McNabb who was awful in big games.

SD? No.

SF might be the toughest opponent BUT I would take that dog turd of a game against the Cardinals and flush it if you all think Wilson is going to have another 48 QBR this season.

SF COULD win in Seattle ONLY if Seattle has two or more key starters injured early in the game. Let's say that Tate and Lynch go down in the first qtr... It could happen. The recent norm is that when playing at the Clink it is SF that gets banged up more than the Hawks.

If Seattle stays healthy they will be the NFC representative in the Superbowl.

Last edited:

SD? No.

I will stick with Manning to go the distance. He needs to match little brother with two rings. The points are going to come quickly.

I don't see any of the AFC teams being able to keep up with the Broncos. Chiefs or Bengals if they get extremely lucky. Colts and Patriots don't have the defense. Chargers? Meh.

It is extremely hard to win against Seattle at home. Great defense and good offense. Niners, Panthers, or Saints have a chance if they get hot. Packers and Eagles? Good offense, bad defense. Doubt they could pull it off.

Looks like a Seahawks - Broncos Superbowl to me. I think Broncos come out on top.

Forum List

Back