Chiefs will have a favorable referee in their corner at Baltimore

Reminds me of the 1970s when the networks were in love with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.

After every play, they would cut to the Cheerleaders

Now, it’s Taylor
In a way it is a reason the Cowboys are not liked. Their cheerleaders were more popular than some teams in their own markets.

Yeah I agree math is hard, it also has nothing to do the topic. Furthermore you are not only a dumbass that believes the NFL is rigged. You watch the NFL while believing it is rigged. Now what does that say about you, skippy?
I never said anything was "rigged", half-wit.

If the refs are favoring one team over the other what do you call it if not rigged?
"Rigged" means the outcome has been decided in advance. Kind of hard to "rig" a game without telling those who are playing it.

The refs call penalties, they don't actually play football.

The nuance is lost on some.

They probably don't, but the NFL wants an officating crew to be in Baltimore, because they picked them. A wild guess says they know the math.

By the time they get to the Championship Games, they have the best officiating crews available.
Last thing they want is more controversy over bad calls

By the time they get to the Championship Games, they have the best officiating crews available.
Last thing they want is more controversy over bad calls
I agree, it's not about bad calls, it's more about more penalties, or more severe penalties (roughing, PI, etc.) against one team over another. I don't argue with the math here, it's pretty clear. Do I think the NFL would like to see the Chiefs in the SB? Hell yes I do. They want the greatest spectacle they can get, record viewers.

Did you watch the Buffalo game? Josh Allen threw a forward lateral that wasn’t called. And the refs called a fumble in the end zone that benefited the Bills. There were no controversial calls that favored the chiefs. How do you explain that, Einstein?
Good point.Unlike with the cheatriots I have noticed thst if anything the refs are always AGAINST the chiefs.O danny would have a good point in his OP if this were the cheatriots we were talking about.they NEVER had bad calls go against them in the playoffs and in close games the other teams ALWAYS had the bad calls go against them at the most critical point in the games.therefore the fact it always happened fir them when they won those games,only an idiot would deny reality robert kraft had the refs in his pockets especially sense in one playoff game a ref was patting brady on the back congratulating him after the win.

If this was gronkowski and Taylor swift I would say there is a lot to that but sense it is the chiefs I don’t see anything to thst especially after those points you mentioned.those points you mentioned cement what I have felt the entire year that if anything,the NFL does NOT want the chiefs in the Super Bowl.they had lots of bad calls go against them all year long thst cost them games.

the refs last year also if you recall,did everything they could to try and give the game to the Eagles.their wide receiver Caught a pass had both feet on the ground and started running the ball five seconds later and when it was knocked out of his hands it was called an incomplete pass even though the whole world knew it was a fumble depriving the chiefs of a touchdown.

Last edited:
She’s one of the most popular people alive. There are millions of people that are not NFL fans that are Taylor Swift fans that are tuning in just to see the cameras on her. It’s stupid, but that’s the case.
We’ll see if it manifests.

I don't believe the refs favor one team over another.
Unless it is the cheatriots of course.had that been the cheatriots,when that chiefs player fumbled the ball into the end Zone after he was already down,we both know that the refs would have said thst he was down by contact and it would have been a first down and they would have retained possession,anybody who thinks otherwise is not living in reality sense like I said,they NEVER had bad calls go against them when they won close playoff games and superbowls and the other teams always had costly bad calls against them at the most critical time of the game costing them the game.

Last edited:
I agree, it's not about bad calls, it's more about more penalties, or more severe penalties (roughing, PI, etc.) against one team over another. I don't argue with the math here, it's pretty clear. Do I think the NFL would like to see the Chiefs in the SB? Hell yes I do. They want the greatest spectacle they can get, record viewers.
I doubt the NFL wants to influence the playoffs

Enough with the Chiefs and enough with Taylor Swift, but I think the NFL wants Swift at the Super Bowl, this will gin up ratings and have every pre teen girl in America caring about who wins the Super Bowl.

It was a fascinating decision to put Shawn Smith on the Chiefs game.

The last 3 years:with other refs, home teams win 55.9%, but with Smith, home win rates drop to 40.8%.

With other refs, home teams cover the spread 50.1%, but with Smith, home cover rates drop to 37.0%.

Interesting stuff.I also don’t think there is anything to the NFL wanting to see the chiefs in the superbowl because of taylor swift,if thst was the case,the chiefs would not have had so many costly bad calls go against them this year that cost them games and like Rocko said,look at how the NFL favored the Bills last week and the chiefs did not get the calls.as I said previously,if anything it seems the NFL does NOT want the chiefs in the Super Bowl.

That is a very interesting fact about Shawn smith though thst he favors road teams.the NFL indeed did seem to do the chiefs a favor making him the ref.We shall see if he turns out to be the ace in the hole the chiefs need fir this game,if he makes a critical bad call against the ravens and wins the game for the chiefs

Enough with the Chiefs and enough with Taylor Swift, but I think the NFL wants Swift at the Super Bowl, this will gin up ratings and have every pre teen girl in America caring about who wins the Super Bowl.

The last 3 years:with other refs, home teams win 55.9%, but with Smith, home win rates drop to 40.8%.

With other refs, home teams cover the spread 50.1%, but with Smith, home cover rates drop to 37.0%.

I don't care if the Chiefs or the Ravens win. I just don't want it decided by a referee in the 4th quarter.

They havent needed the refs the 1st 2 drives. They punched the Ravens right in the mouth and made them spit out a few teeth.

I doubt the NFL wants to influence the playoffs
This. If the NFL were scripting who wins these games they wouldnt have teams like Baltimore or KC in the title game.

Dallas wouldnt have a 30+ year drought of PO success.
Atlanta wouldnt suck every year.

etc

Lamar has won 2, lost 3 (or is it five?) playoff games with 12 fumbles (7 lost). One more today. his QBR blows chunks in the losses. Did better against HOU last week.

Caught his own pass (deflection). Pretty reckless back there so far. Interesting.

Reid could have challenged the Kelce 3rd down spot but elected to save it I suppose?

there she is again…..Ms. SwiftBoat in a luxury box.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back