There HAS to be life on other planets..

No, assigned by nature. Every creature serves some purpose unrelated to itself.
Which all arises from the only purpose: reproduction.

Yes, bugs help recycle dead material back into the food chain, for example. But that's not a purpose. That's incidental.

Oh look, some links you never read. Great.

Which all arises from the only purpose: reproduction.

Yes, bugs help recycle dead material back into the food chain, for example. But that's not a purpose. That's incidental.
And yet creatures serves other purposes beyond just procreation. Google is your friend.

Because we have already reasoned out much better morality than the iron age pile of shit called the Bible. So clearly your claim is false.

I also did not prove it true. We have other purpose and meaning in our lives, but we arbitrarily assigned it ourselves. Third time I have said it.

Ding, if you fell down a well, you would declare victory. It's embarrassing.
And yet every argument you make is a moral argument. Amazing. What better way to prove that goodness is the extant attribute of reality than you never arguing for the immoral.

And yet every argument you make is a moral argument.
What a bizarre lie.

Religioners always try to make the pointthat believing in a materialistic universe means we can only so cinsider materialistic benefits, when talking about well being. It's the way they try to proselytize to children and stupid people. It's just the weaselly way of saying atheists can have no morality. Yawn.

What a bizarre lie.

Religioners always try to make the pointthat believing in a materialistic universe means we can only so cinsider materialistic benefits, when talking about well being. It's the way they try to proselytize to children and stupid people. It's just the weaselly way of saying atheists can have no morality. Yawn.
Please do share with us about a time you argued for something that was immoral.

I don't need any links. I am not an authoritarian, like yourself. That's more the purview of religion, not science.
So providing links that support my beliefs is authoritarian?

Do you know what authoritarian means? Because it seems to me that people who demand others to believe what they say based solely on their say so - like you are doing - would be the authoritarians.

Not in that context. In that context, it just means reproducing.

Yes, that's the whole point of your existence:

You are a sack of water that exists to move your DNA through space, so that it can find other DNA with which to combine.

Any other purpose or meaning is arbitrarily assigned by us to ourselves.
But thoroughbreds and mutts is much more fun.

With the rest being arbitrarily assigned by us to ourselves. Typically due to vanity and ego.

Oh ... I disagree with the "arbitrary" ... I think rules are created to solve problems ... we have the rule about pit toilets being so far away from our cooking hearth ... because folks was pooping right there in the kitchen where mama's trying to make us all dinner ... ewwwwwwww ...

I bring up breeding because these rules are the MOST difficult for man to follow ... "it's hard, man, really really hard" ... television doesn't even show this, the only sex is among the unmarried ... except I guess Al and Peg do it on her birthday ... ewwwwwwwwwwwww ...

The fox-dog's only roll in breeding is getting the vixen pregnant ... she raising the kits alone ... that's what heathen men want ... so child support laws are hardly arbitrary, if you think it's vanity and ego, then fine ... the heathen don't love their children, so abortion is the better option for them ... breed away, we'll stick a tube up there and suck it all out ... easy peasy ...

We may not like the social rules that were in place at the dawn of the Age of Science ... and permanent marriage least of all ... but again, each of these rules was made to solve a problem ... if science provides a better rule, then so be it ...

It took Moses 40 years to cross the Sinai ... it took T.E. Lawrence 40 hours ... that's what science does for us ... but if you hate you wife, go ahead and divorce her ... divorce only against the rules if you're a Christian ...

Oh ... I disagree with the "arbitrary"

Ask anyone what the purpose of their own life is. Get ready for 7 billion different answers.

This is as arbitrary as it gets. This is what I mean. We assign purpose. And that is because we we possess introspective self awareness.

Put another way, we just make it all up.

Ask anyone what the purpose of their own life is. Get ready for 7 billion different answers.

This is as arbitrary as it gets. This is what I mean. We assign purpose. And that is because we we possess introspective self awareness.

Put another way, we just make it all up.

Still arguing with that ignorant strawman? ... are you winning? ... you said the rules were arbitrary, and I disagree ... our purpose in life is to love our brothers as we love ourselves, which includes protecting the weak and relieving the oppressed ... healing the sick and feeding the multitudes ... the rules written for these purposes are hardly arbitrary ...

Dharma is purpose ... it's a Hindu thing and there's a lot of Hindus in the world ...

Some of it is simple evolution ... the rule is to look both ways before crossing a street ... so the individual can live long enough to produce offspring who will look both ways before crossing the street ... that's not made-up, it's natural selection ...

Forum List

Back