Lions were the better team - but they beat themselves

And if Reynolds catches it, and the Lions go on to win the game, Campbell wouldn’t be criticized for that decision.

Like I said, he gets praised for the decision when it goes in his favor and he gets blamed for the decision when it goes against his favor. Can’t have it both ways.

I never gave him credit for his huge ego.

Yes by anyone who knows anything about football yes he does.

It was a stupid decision regardless of the outcome. Where it really showed up was the end of this game.

As well as the end of the Cowboys game.
I haven’t seen a whole lot of criticism of him when his 4th down attempts work.

You can't outsmart decades of football. No, you don't know better than everyone else.
Football is not played the same way it was decades ago. The sport has evolved and will continue to evolve.

Do you honestly think people would be calling for his head if Reynolds catches that ball on 4th down? When his decisions work, he gets praised as a genius and a candidate for Coach of the Year. When his decisions don’t work, he needs to be fired because he’s a terrible coach.

People are far too emotional and base their criticisms on outcomes, not decisions.

I actually enjoyed the game. I’m sorry the Lions kind of fell apart

Given that they did fall apart, however, they clearly weren’t the better team.

Sorry they fell flat. But SF was the better team and earned the win.

Last edited:
Analytics only take into consideration numbers in a very limited scenario. It doesn't take into consideration the mental aspects. A huge stop pumps up one team and can deflate the other.

Analytics is why Brock Purdy was picked last in the draft because it is unable to measure anything but numbers.
I mention analytics only to show Campbells' decisions were not "wrong" as many here and on the talk shows are saying.

Football is not played the same way it was decades ago. The sport has evolved and will continue to evolve.

98 out of 100 coaches would have taken the points.

Do you honestly think people would be calling for his head if Reynolds catches that ball on 4th down? When his decisions work, he gets praised as a genius and a candidate for Coach of the Year. When his decisions don’t work, he needs to be fired because he’s a terrible coach.

People are far too emotional and base their criticisms on outcomes, not decisions.

It was the wrong decision. A person may make the decision to drive drunk and it may work out. You might make it home. It was still the wrong decision.

It was the wrong decision. A person may make the decision to drive drunk and it may work out. You might make it home. It was still the wrong decision.
He has been going for it on 4th down all year and he was in the running for Coach of the Year.

98 out of 100 people wouldn’t be criticizing his decision if Reynolds simply catches that ball. Period.

I haven’t seen a whole lot of criticism of him when his 4th down attempts work.

He took a ton of heat for his decision at the end of the Cowboys game. But there's difference when you go for it like that on a Thursday night in week 12 and the NFC champ game up 14 when you have the other team reeling. And then again when you've let them come back and you need to stop the bleeding. And AGAIN at the end of the game when you need 2 scores to tie and you're fucking up the clock management piece, and burning TO when you have the ball, and not leaving yourself enough time to get another possession and a chance to tie the game. I'm sorry if you don't understand situational football, but that doesn't make his decisions any better. This shit isnt grad school level football. It's HS shit.

There aren't 100 NFL coaches dude. And there was no right or wrong decision no matter how much you Monday Morning Quarterbacks insist.

There aren't 100 NFL coaches dude. And there was no right or wrong decision no matter how much you Monday Morning Quarterbacks insist.
Except that there are right and wrong decisions in these circumstances. You not understanding them doesnt change that

Forum List

Back