There HAS to be life on other planets..

It's a little more complicated than that. It is primarily physicists who have expressed the relationship between mind and matter, and the primacy of mind; Arthur Eddington, Von Weizsacker, Wolfgang Pauli and George Wald, all contemplated it.
Ok.. so you’re going to have to explain. You seem to suggest we’re in Gods imagination, but it e complicated than that. What, precisely, are tot suggesting?

That the physical world is made of mind stuff.
So we’re in someone’s imagination? Gods? Who’s? You say it is more complicated. I’m trying to figure out the nature of it existence from your perspective, and how it relates to this thread

So we’re in someone’s imagination? Gods? Who’s? You say it is more complicated. I’m trying to figure out the nature of it existence from your perspective, and how it relates to this thread
What do you think Arthur Eddington meant when in 1928 he wrote, “the stuff of the world is mind‑stuff... The mind‑stuff is not spread in space and time."

If you remove all anthropomorphic content from your conception of God: you remove all content of any kind. In the end, you are left with a God whose essence is unknowable and indescribable.

Which pretty much "is" our meager understanding of God at this point.

Of what possible value is such a conception either to philosophy or religion or mankind?
Dogs have masters, cats have staff.

Which pretty much "is" our meager understanding of God at this point.
There's a pretty good body of work that says otherwise. Origin questions have been discussed philosophically quite a bit for thousands of years by many great thinkers. If you did an honest assessment by trying to prove that was the case, instead of arguing why that isn't the case, you might be surprised by what you will discover. Suffice it to say the short answer is that what ever exists it is not a thing. It is beyond anything we know or maybe even can know. Consciousness without form. Think of it as a field - not existing as energy - but capable of creating energy. Every extant attribute of reality proceeds from this source. Rather than mind being a late outgrowth of the evolution of space and time, mind is the source or matrix of the physical world. This is a life breeding, intelligence creating universe because the constant presence of mind created it such that given enough time and the right conditions, beings that know and create would eventually arise.

Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
Do you believe that for any given thing that there will be certain people that have a natural affinity for it; a talent? And that those people generally are looked to as the masters?

I don't see a lot of difference between pets. I have to feed them and pick up their shit.

You slapfighters are derailing this thread. The subject is "THERE HAS TO BE LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS."

No, there clearly does not, because the universe was made for humans by an intelligent designer, Nature's God, as He is called in our Declaration of Independence.

Don't you have anything more creative to say than calling each other names? Just put each other on IGNORE and get on with other discussions that go somewhere.

Do you believe that for any given thing that there will be certain people that have a natural affinity for it; a talent? And that those people generally are looked to as the masters?

I don't see a lot of difference between pets. I have to feed them and pick up their shit.
lol :)

Did you ever see a cat in heat?

Their behavior and their whole personalities change.

We don't realize sometimes, how much of our behavior is driven by hormones. And little bits of hard wiring in our brains.

What I said about animals could be rephrased in human terms - which you've probably heard before - human beings (about half of us, it seems) have a 'God-sized hole" in our consciousness. We seek God.

I suspect it's brain wiring, but I don't know for sure. :)

There's a pretty good body of work that says otherwise. Origin questions have been discussed philosophically quite a bit for thousands of years by many great thinkers. If you did an honest assessment by trying to prove that was the case, instead of arguing why that isn't the case, you might be surprised by what you will discover. Suffice it to say the short answer is that what ever exists it is not a thing. It is beyond anything we know or maybe even can know. Consciousness without form. Think of it as a field - not existing as energy - but capable of creating energy. Every extant attribute of reality proceeds from this source. Rather than mind being a late outgrowth of the evolution of space and time, mind is the source or matrix of the physical world. This is a life breeding, intelligence creating universe because the constant presence of mind created it such that given enough time and the right conditions, beings that know and create would eventually arise.
There is no evidence anywhere, not has there ever been, of consciousness without a brain.

I'm a scientist, which means the first thing out of my mouth is going to be "design an experiment".

The rules of science say it has to be reproducible and independently verifiable.

You slapfighters are derailing this thread. The subject is "THERE HAS TO BE LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS."

No, there clearly does not, because the universe was made for humans by an intelligent designer, Nature's God, as He is called in our Declaration of Independence.

Don't you have anything more creative to say than calling each other names? Just put each other on IGNORE and get on with other discussions that go somewhere.
The universe was made for humans?

Really?

You'll excuse me for saying so, but that sounds awfully arrogant to me.

Forum List

Back