Jesus was a Liberal

Jesus isn't God but that's another debate for another topic. :lol:

By the way, Jesus isn't white. He's not going to be the one white guy born in the middle east. I mean really now. :lol:
i never said he was white, and since the bible described him as having a "ruddy complexion" i don't know how anyone can, same goes for those believing he was somehow "black"

i never said he was white, and since the bible described him as having a "ruddy complexion" i don't know how anyone can, same goes for those believing he was somehow "black"

I don't think he was white or black. Jesus was middle eastern. Or if you want a actual skin color, tan.

Yes! In these days of domestic strife and international turmoil, our most pressing questions are "Who Jesus would vote for?" and "What color was He?"

And yes, this is sarcasm.

True....he is generally known as "The Son" of God. Whats there to debate about that?

There are some people out there who believe that God is Jesus and vice versa.

Not exactly sure why they believed this but it came up when I use to have Confirmation classes.

I personally think there is no debate, but if someone wanted to debate it then it'd be for another time. :lol:

Yes! In these days of domestic strife and international turmoil, our most pressing questions are "Who Jesus would vote for?" and "What color was He?"

And yes, this is sarcasm.

Now your getting it.

$buddy_christ.jpg

I knew this picture would show up eventually.....damn that was a funny movie.

Buddy Christ

Yeah, I was kinda shocked through eight pages it hasn't showed up yet.

That was a great movie.

Who doesn't love Buddy Christ?

Hey, who wants a miracle? :eusa_pray: :lol:

There are some people out there who believe that God is Jesus and vice versa.

Not exactly sure why they believed this but it came up when I use to have Confirmation classes.

I personally think there is no debate, but if someone wanted to debate it then it'd be for another time. :lol:
thats trinitarian belief

the 3 are 1
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

thats right

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit

all 3 are God

That's what some say, though that debate will have to wait until tomorrow. Because when I weigh my options, sleep or debating about the church at 4 am I'm going to pick sleep.

Sorry :lol:

Jesus was invented by Emperor Constantine over 300 years after his apparent life.

He had the same idea as US leaders today.... control the peasants with fundamentalist beliefs.

Originally Posted by AVG-JOE
Jesus wasn't a 'Liberal' any more than he was a 'Conservative' using today's pigeon-holing system. He would have turned over the money changers tables in the lobby offices of both parties.

Bullshit. The gop used religion to take from the poor to give to the rich.

And he did say, render to ceasar what is ceasars. So why are you allowing the rich to avoid paying taxes when you know that puts more of the burden on us?

And my born again cousin used that turning over the tables line. He said jesus whipped people. So I looked and he whipped the oxen. Jesus didn't whip the money changers.

Jesus was absolutely a liberal and I don't know who told bush to invade iraq but it wasn't god. And god does not want Palin to be vp, despite what she says.

She belonged to the alaska independence party. they wanted to succeed from america. you can't get more anti american.

My point being that the Democrats have had their hands in the cookie jar just as much, albeit not as deep, as the Republicans and Jesus would have called 'liberal' BS just as quickly.

-Joe

My point being that the Democrats have had their hands in the cookie jar just as much, albeit not as deep, as the Republicans and Jesus would have called 'liberal' BS just as quickly.

-Joe

Ok, i'll agree that Jesus would have been a left leaning independent. lol.

If I might be so bold as to risk ending a sentence with a preposition, I will remind everyone that this is not a thread about whether or not FOX News is a souless tool of the media corporatocracy designed to crush the masses, but rather a discussion about who Jesus would vote for.

Absolutely right.

Which television news network WOULD Jesus watch?

I'm guessing Jesus would be a big fan of the Cartoon Network, and would get most of his news from the internet.

Look at the following.

Jesus is giving away free health care and free food.

http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Bible.show/sVerseID/24502/eVerseID/24502
8:1 In those days the multitude being very great, and having nothing to eat, Jesus called his disciples unto him, and saith unto them,

8:2 I have compassion on the multitude, because they have now been with me three days, and have nothing to eat:

8:3 And if I send them away fasting to their own houses, they will faint by the way: for divers of them came from far.

8:4 And his disciples answered him, From whence can a man satisfy these men with bread here in the wilderness?

8:5 And he asked them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven.

8:6 And he commanded the people to sit down on the ground: and he took the seven loaves, and gave thanks, and brake, and gave to his disciples to set before them; and they did set them before the people.

8:7 And they had a few small fishes: and he blessed, and commanded to set them also before them.

8:8 So they did eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets.

8:9 And they that had eaten were about four thousand: and he sent them away.

8:10 And straightway he entered into a ship with his disciples, and came into the parts of Dalmanutha.

8:11 And the Pharisees came forth, and began to question with him, seeking of him a sign from heaven, tempting him.

8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

8:13 And he left them, and entering into the ship again departed to the other side.

8:14 Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, neither had they in the ship with them more than one loaf.

8:15 And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod.

8:16 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have no bread.

8:17 And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened?

8:18 Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?

8:19 When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve.

8:20 And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven.

8:21 And he said unto them, How is it that ye do not understand?

8:22 And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.

8:23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.

8:24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

8:25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

8:26 And he sent him away to his house, saying, Neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town.

8:27 And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am?

8:28 And they answered, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets.

8:29 And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

8:30 And he charged them that they should tell no man of him.

8:31 And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

8:32 And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him.

8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

I don't guys...he sure as hell sounds a tad like an utopian marxist to me.

You know, if Yeshua (Jesus) had to choose between Obama and McCain, I'd bet dimes to donuts that Jesus would pick Obama. Why? Because Obama has a better world view than McCain, and takes a much longer view, which is kinda what Jesus stood for.

As far as the language thing? Well.....Jesus was Jewish, and therefore spoke Hebrew. Interestingly enough though, there have been studies done which have shown that there is a Hebrew root in EVERY language on the planet. A rabbi over on the Universal Torah Network first showed it to me, I've researched it, and it's true.

As far as his ethnicity? Well.....again.....Jesus was Jewish, so therefore, He'd probably look like someone from Israel (whom are predominantly white).

What about the Trinity? Well.....that one is also referred to in the Bible. Jesus told people "the Father and I are One", but, like everything else, people over the years got confused. It's actually a thought based in Judaism. What happens is that God takes and carves a piece of Himself off from under His throne with the blade of self-will, and places it into an embryo, and that is how a child is created. What Jesus was referring to there was that particular thought. It is also referenced to when Jesus said "the Kingdom of God is within". So, in that sense, Jesus and God are One. However.....it's also stated in the Gospels when Jesus was telling His disciples that He'd be back, they asked Him when. He replied that nobody knows the hour or the day except the Father. He told them basically there that He wasn't God, and didn't know when He'd come back, because God didn't tell Him, so right there is an example of individuality. Another way that may help to think of it is you. You came from your parents, share their last name (usually), so in a real sense, you ARE your family, but there are separate and distinct parts of it.

I don't think that Jesus would be called a "liberal" or a "conservative". If I was pushed for a guess, I'd say that He'd probably be an independent and go for the best person, rather than voting along party lines.

Forum List

Back