Zone1 Why Was Jesus Obedient To God The Father Which Art In Heaven?

crossbody

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2024
Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. (John 8:28)

Jesus is telling us in this particular verse that he is the "Son of man" who obeys God in all things. Jesus speaks to us in this verse of:
1. his identity as Son of man
2. his purpose of obedience to God his Father.

Jesus did not live by his own initiatives. He was not controlled by His own impulses. In fact, Yeshua refused to be persuaded by the world's standards, or submit to the pressures of family or friends.

"I do nothing on my own (of myself)
Why was Jesus obedient to God?

I suppose if I had a personal one-on-one conversation with God from the day I was born, I'd mind my manners too.

I suppose if I had a personal one-on-one conversation with God from the day I was born, I'd mind my manners too.
Why ?
He would only be inflicting pain and punishment on himself if he resorted to his bullying boring routine .

Therebye proving Nietzsche'e assertion that Goddy is a masochistic faggot .

Why ?
He would only be inflicting pain and punishment on himself if he resorted to his bullying boring routine .

Therebye proving Nietzsche'e assertion that Goddy is a masochistic faggot .
YOU ARE A FOOL, not least for admiring Nietzsche whom even Bertrand Russell despised

N. has always been the coward's go to guy., I have never met in my life a decent person who liked N. NEVER

Bertrand Russell

“I dislike Nietzsche because he likes the contemplation of pain, because he erects conceit into a duty, because the men whom he most admires are conquerors, whose glory is cleverness in causing men to die.”​

― Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Why Was Jesus Obedient To God The Father?​

Consider the two who were not obedient to God the Father and what their disobedience brought to the world. Compare it to the two who were obedient to the Father, first Mary who assented, "Let it be done to me according to your will," and gave birth to Jesus whose entire life, death, and resurrection was devoted to being obedient to the Father. Consider what Jesus brought to the world compared to what Adam and Eve did.

Consider the two who were not obedient to God the Father and what their disobedience brought to the world. Compare it to the two who were obedient to the Father, first Mary who assented, "Let it be done to me according to your will," and gave birth to Jesus whose entire life, death, and resurrection was devoted to being obedient to the Father. Consider what Jesus brought to the world compared to what Adam and Eve did.
I see what you're saying, "consider" the fruit of the two results. That gives one something to think about for sure.

heavenly exemplars - mary and joseph were not jews and did not live by the false commandments claimed by the liar mosess -

nor jesus who is the reiteration of a&e's request for self determination, liberation theology to be equal among the heavens and the primary 1st century events, the repudiation of judaism their false commandments made by the liar moses and the hereditary idolatry of abraham.

good jewish boy

- truthfully, they knew better despite the ravings by some, still the jews cratered in despair when they had jesus executed ...

the silver coins they gave judas were their life savings they now had to find jobs to feed themselves.

Jesus, who was the firstborn spirit child of God the Father was a most intelligent and loving spirit that God the Father, with his foreknowledge, knew that Jesus was the one who could be part of the godhead and that He was capable of fulfilling the calling of being the Savior of mankind. God the Father understood how absolutely critical it was that Jesus be a perfect and sinless sacrifice for our sins. The Father needed to have a very close relationship with his Only Begotten Son and ensure that He was perfectly obedient and willing to lay down his life for the salvation of all the other children of God. For this reason Jesus was prepared from before the foundation of this world by becoming the firstborn of all of the Father's spirit children and to be chosen to part of the Godhead in heaven so that He would have a complete and full understanding of the Father's plan for salvation. Upon being born on this earth, from and early age God the Father was very close to his Only Begotten in the flesh. When Jesus was 12 years old he astonished those who heard him teach in the temple. Jesus was also Jehovah of the Old Testament an it was He who was involved in all aspects of this life and its dealings with God. It was all his doings, under the direction of his Father, in the Old and New Testament. His mission in bringing salvation to all was critical and so essential to the plan that He had to have the closest relationship with the Father in bringing about the atoning sacrifice for our sins. Jesus was very obedient and knew and understood his calling and destiny to be our Savior. He faithfully followed the will of His Father in Heaven and fulfilled his calling and election to be our beloved Savior and through his example he has show us all how to live.

Jesus, who was the firstborn spirit child of God the Father was a most intelligent and loving spirit that God the Father, with his foreknowledge, knew that Jesus was the one who could be part of the godhead and that He was capable of fulfilling the calling of being the Savior of mankind. God the Father understood how absolutely critical it was that Jesus be a perfect and sinless sacrifice for our sins. The Father needed to have a very close relationship with his Only Begotten Son and ensure that He was perfectly obedient and willing to lay down his life for the salvation of all the other children of God. For this reason Jesus was prepared from before the foundation of this world by becoming the firstborn of all of the Father's spirit children and to be chosen to part of the Godhead in heaven so that He would have a complete and full understanding of the Father's plan for salvation. Upon being born on this earth, from and early age God the Father was very close to his Only Begotten in the flesh. When Jesus was 12 years old he astonished those who heard him teach in the temple. Jesus was also Jehovah of the Old Testament an it was He who was involved in all aspects of this life and its dealings with God. It was all his doings, under the direction of his Father, in the Old and New Testament. His mission in bringing salvation to all was critical and so essential to the plan that He had to have the closest relationship with the Father in bringing about the atoning sacrifice for our sins. Jesus was very obedient and knew and understood his calling and destiny to be our Savior. He faithfully followed the will of His Father in Heaven and fulfilled his calling and election to be our beloved Savior and through his example he has show us all how to live.
I really enjoyed reading what you wrote. It is so eloquently written and shared. I'm sure it will be a blessing to others who read it as well.

Why Was Jesus Obedient To God The Father?

I will share with everyone what I believe to be the reason for Jesus' obedience to God. I believe Jesus was obedient to God because he 💌loves Him.

John 14:30-31
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. 31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

Likewise, Jesus also asked us first have love for him... then obey him. If the love is not there what good is any obedience?
John 14:15
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

We always discuss Jesus, God the Father, but never The Holy Ghost. All THREE are there for us.
You're speaking about the Catholic Trinity. This is not a trinity thread.

God the Father is used to differentiate God from other false gods. There are times I may say, God which art in heaven, to differentiate God from other false gods. However, this is not a trinity thread- nor is it a thread to force the Catholic Trinity on anyone.

Jesus of Nazareth was human.

“The Word became Flesh.”

Isaiah 55:8-9

New International Version

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.“

Do you still not understand?

You're speaking about the Catholic Trinity. This is not a trinity thread.

God the Father is used to differentiate God from other false gods. There are times I may say, God which art in heaven, to differentiate God from other false gods. However, this is not a trinity thread- nor is it a thread to force the Catholic Trinity on anyone.
It took a while to research, but you are WRONG. The Holy Trinity is not just CATHOLIC.

Most mainstream religions do believe in the Holy Trinity.

All mainline Protestant denominations believe in the Trinity, as professed in the Nicene Creed. Anglicans, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Methodists, etc, all believe the same in the Trinity, with maybe small variations.

The main groups that do NOT believe in the Trinity are also not always considered Christian by most Christians:
Mormons
Jehovah’s Witnesses
Some Pentecostals
Unitarians

Forum List

Back