American jobless rate climbs --soon the same for George W.

bobbymcgill

Aug 23, 2008
According to the latest gub’ment statistics, America’s jobless rate climbed to 6.1%, reaching its highest point in five years. Fortunately, come January, the unemployment rate for the job of, “Republican president from Texas” will be at its highest point in eight years. Yay.

Bobby McGill
Idle Wordship

Scenes we'd like to see in the future
An Interview with ex POTUS, George Bush, while he's standing in line at the employment office waiting for his unemployment check

"I sure picked a bad time to lose my job as President of the United States.

I've looked all over for work, but there aren't many jobs out there, and you know how it is... some jobs I'm overqualified for, and most I'm not qualified for at all.

If but only the people of the United States hadn't decided to OUTSOURCE the job of President to the lowest bidder, Laura and I might not be homeless today.

That presidential gig was a sweet job, let me tell you.

All I had to do was be the decider, and I took a lot of vactions, and let Cheyney do all the heavy lifting.

I sure miss those swell digs that came with that job back on Pennsylvania Avenue, too.

But, right now Laura and I are living in our limo. We cannot afford to move that pig because of the price of gas, of course.

We've been trying to find someplace we can afford to rent and heat, too, on this miserable unemployment check but we're just scrapping by for now, until I can find work.

What with the rising prices on everything, it looks like we're going to be living in that limo for quite a while."

Last edited:
From the New York Times 6 September 2008:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Job losses in August were both deep and wide, and unemployment rose to 6.1 percent, the highest rate in nearly five years. Out-of-work Americans need more help from Washington to get through these very hard times, which show no signs of letting up. ...We fear there is a vicious cycle in the making. As consumer spending weakens, employers are cutting jobs and hours. As jobs are cut and unemployment rises, consumer spending is sure to weaken further. Congress must respond — soon — by extending unemployment compensation for jobless workers whose payouts are set to run out. Basic state benefits usually last for 26 weeks, and they were extended in June to a total of 39 weeks. If Congress does not act before early October, 800,000 unemployed people will stop getting much-needed checks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the unemployment runs out in 39 weeks, and then what? Jobs are still shipped overseas. They're not coming back. "Out-of-work Americans need more help from Washington" is an oxymoron. "Out-of-work Americans" have already gotten their "stiffing" from Washington. The Demolicans have preyed upon the American workers, and now it's time to remove them from office and get this country back.

REAL UNEMPLOYMENT RATE: 10.7%

According to the latest gub’ment statistics, America’s jobless rate climbed to 6.1%, reaching its highest point in five years. Fortunately, come January, the unemployment rate for the job of, “Republican president from Texas” will be at its highest point in eight years. Yay.

Bobby McGill
Idle Wordship

Your mouth was a as tight as your ass when the unemployment rate was under 5%.....thats about 7 years.....

Now you complain? get a clue :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back