Zone1 Jesus Christ Superstar

"So you are the Christ, you're the great Jesus Christ! Prove to us that you're no fool...walk across my swimming pool!"

(Yes, all these lyrics from memory!)

I always got confused about that song because Harod is making fun of Jesus but the song is as catchy as heck and it always gets stuck in my head whenever I hear it or think about it. So I don't know what to do. 😆 Anyways, happy Easter everybody for He has risen. 😁 (Oh and I guess it's no different than any other villain song that I've liked even if I don't agree with the words.)

I'm putting this in the debate zone since it's controversial but I am a Christian that LOVES this musical!!! I mean it might not be scripture based but I don't find anything blasphemous about it since they never said that Jesus wasn't the Son of God in it, it was just looking at Jesus in a human perspective instead of the miraculous perspective. So I was just wondering why this musical gets such a bad reputation as I think of it as when Christian contemporary music really took off. Anyways, this came up because I usually watch it this time of year. :D

I saw the Play and the Movie. Both were excellent.

I always got confused about that song because Harod is making fun of Jesus but the song is as catchy as heck and it always gets stuck in my head whenever I hear it or think about it. So I don't know what to do. 😆 Anyways, happy Easter everybody for He has risen. 😁 (Oh and I guess it's no different than any other villain song that I've liked even if I don't agree with the words.)

Herod's song is not about who Jesus is--it's about who HEROD thinks Jesus is. And it's funny, it's meant to be...he functions as "comic relief" in the show. I feel like the Bible is honest about presenting all the things folks thought about Jesus.

Happy Easter!

Herod's song is not about who Jesus is--it's about who HEROD thinks Jesus is. And it's funny, it's meant to be...he functions as "comic relief" in the show. I feel like the Bible is honest about presenting all the things folks thought about Jesus.

Happy Easter!

Thank you and good point. Btw, I found something else I actually thought was funny and cute. This is supposed to be meant for Good Friday though.

FB_IMG_1711916126044.jpg

Forum List

Back