Zone1 Passover of Yeshua/Jesus... Why Easter? Why Good Friday?

I must not have read all of his posts. I have not yet seen a particular problem with you. His objection seems to be with the way the New Testament was written, and I suspect (but don't know) perhaps particularly with the Gospel of Matthew. From a literary point of view, Matthew's Gospel is wonderful. Matthew uses Hebrew scriptures as a foreshadowing of what occurs in the New Testament. They are not identical, but one can call to mind the other, making both powerful testimony.
His responses to my posts are filled with personal insults. You should read them.

Sure. I see no ingratiating, simply a man whose faith and understanding is from a different perspective. It is to everyone's benefit to understand Jewish scripture from a rabbinical point of view.
The "rabbinic point of view" is to debunk and cast aspersions on the divinity of Jesus Christ, and to insist that all Israelites are Jews.

His responses to my posts are filled with personal insults. You should read them.
One of the reasons I thoroughly enjoy the religion forum are all the perspectives of faith and religion that are so often here. Once people start talking about other posters, I lose interest. I skip past posts that contain a lot of "you" and "your". This may be why I haven't noticed personal remarks made, having skipped past them.

I wish Zone One could announce a "No You or Your Week" in any post. :)

The "rabbinic point of view" is to debunk and cast aspersions on the divinity of Jesus Christ, and to insist that all Israelites are Jews.
No, the best Jewish commentary focuses solely on the meanings of their own scriptures, and talk of Jesus (being New Testament) doesn't surface there. Jews are adamant God is One; God is beyond being human, etc. The fact that Jesus has two natures, divine and human, is not accepted.

Christians see the beauty of God becoming man and joining us in all our circumstances. Jews don't see God as doing any such thing, which in Jewish eyes turns Jesus to Idol. Considering all the troubles that were caused, faced--and overcome--in Jewish history, once bitten, twice shy immediately comes to mind. Faithful Jews are not about to be caught by anything remotely resembling an idol. It's locked into their hearts--hearts God understands.

Yeshua -Jesus was crucified at Passover. His last meal with his disciples was a Passover seder. This is where Jesus said the unleavened bread and wine were his body and blood. He was about to become the Eternal Passover Lamb...

The One who would take away the sin of the world by his shed blood and sacrificial death. Many scholars believe the date of Jesus' crucifixion was April 3, 33 AD. Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead on biblical Jewish feast days of "Passover and the Feast of Firstfruits (Lev. 23:5-11) At that time there was no Easter nor a day named "Good Friday". What happen? What changed things?
To answer your question you would have to study scripture and the traditions and beliefs of the early Christians and what the early church fathers wrote before the HRCC existed. Because that’s what I believe the HRCC did.

No, the best Jewish commentary focuses solely on the meanings of their own scriptures, and talk of Jesus (being New Testament) doesn't surface there. Jews are adamant God is One; God is beyond being human, etc. The fact that Jesus has two natures, divine and human, is not accepted.

Christians see the beauty of God becoming man and joining us in all our circumstances. Jews don't see God as doing any such thing, which in Jewish eyes turns Jesus to Idol. Considering all the troubles that were caused, faced--and overcome--in Jewish history, once bitten, twice shy immediately comes to mind. Faithful Jews are not about to be caught by anything remotely resembling an idol. It's locked into their hearts--hearts God understands.
You are very kind.

Tribal distinctions were pretty much gone by Jesus' time. The house of Judah, now known as "the Jews", was comprised of Jews, Levites, Benjamites, and a few stragglers descended from other tribes. Those Israelites still living in Samaria were known as Samaritans or Canaanites.
Totally wrong. Jews are descendants of all of Jacob's children. The only people who cling to your way of thinking are those trying to delegitimize jews. And tribal affiliation is still here. Traditional synagogues still make a distinction between Cohens, Levites and Yisroel. Those distinctions are detectable in DNA.

Totally wrong. Jews are descendants of all of Jacob's children. The only people who cling to your way of thinking are those trying to delegitimize jews. And tribal affiliation is still here. Traditional synagogues still make a distinction between Cohens, Levites and Yisroel. Those distinctions are detectable in DNA.
Jew are descendants of Jews. Converts are just that, converts. Tribal affiliation may be unique to the Jews as there are a lot of Jews. The other tribes of Israel have no such legacy.

Note: Asherites aren't Jews. ;)

Luke 2:36-37 NIV
There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, and then was a widow until she was eighty-four.[a] She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying.

She was a 'Jewish' by religion, not by descent.

I had a Jewish lady customer once who got upset when in a conversation with her, I commented that she was of the tribe of Judah. "We're not a tribe", she retorted.

Last edited:
Yeshua -Jesus was crucified at Passover. His last meal with his disciples was a Passover seder. This is where Jesus said the unleavened bread and wine were his body and blood. He was about to become the Eternal Passover Lamb...

The One who would take away the sin of the world by his shed blood and sacrificial death. Many scholars believe the date of Jesus' crucifixion was April 3, 33 AD. Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead on biblical Jewish feast days of "Passover and the Feast of Firstfruits (Lev. 23:5-11) At that time there was no Easter nor a day named "Good Friday". What happen? What changed things?
ONce there was no Passover or the other Jewish High Days. TO be even more brutal. those days existed as something totally different

Pesach and the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Deut 1-8); Shavuot or the Feast of Weeks (Deut 9-12); and Sukkot or the Feast of Booths (Deut 13-17). The three pilgrimage festivals of Deut 16 likely began as agricultural festivals connected with seasonal harvests.

Good Friday is so because of what it accomplished just like Adam's sin is sometimes called Happy Fault
O truly necessary sin of Adam,
Destroyed completely by the Death of Christ!
O happy fault that earned so great,
So glorious a Redeemer

The statement of Isaiah and Jeremiah about a New Covernant (New Testament) means that all that Jesus fujlfills had a meaning that was never complete in its time.

ONce there was no Passover or the other Jewish High Days. TO be even more brutal. those days existed as something totally different

Pesach and the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Deut 1-8); Shavuot or the Feast of Weeks (Deut 9-12); and Sukkot or the Feast of Booths (Deut 13-17). The three pilgrimage festivals of Deut 16 likely began as agricultural festivals connected with seasonal harvests.

Good Friday is so because of what it accomplished just like Adam's sin is sometimes called Happy Fault
O truly necessary sin of Adam,
Destroyed completely by the Death of Christ!
O happy fault that earned so great,
So glorious a Redeemer

The statement of Isaiah and Jeremiah about a New Covernant (New Testament) means that all that Jesus fujlfills had a meaning that was never complete in its time.
Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread are memorials of the exodus.
"Good Friday" and "Easter" are Catholic inventions. Jesus was killed on a Wednesday afternoon and rose three days and three nights later on Saturday afternoon (using our names for days).

You've never heard of a festival celebrating the coming of Spring?

I mean, the Chinese have one. It's called Spring Festival.

"12 Spring Traditions Around the World"

others if you want to look.

Passover in Judaism is called Pesach, Easter is also called Pascha... coincidence? I think not.

"In Latin and Greek, the Christian celebration was, and still is, called Pascha (Greek: Πάσχα), a word derived from Aramaic פסחא (Paskha), cognate to the Hebrew פֶּסַח‎ (Pesach). The word originally denoted the Jewish festival known in English as Passover, commemorating the Jewish Exodus from slavery in Egypt."

Christianity took over festivals that already existed. Even if you believe Jesus was born, he wasn't born on the 25th December. It was just the winter solstice festival.
Did you meant to say "Easter" took over festivals that already existed? Or are you saying that there is a Christianity festival?

I envy being able to read scripture in the original language that hasn't changed very much over the millennia. Translations into other languages are problematic to begin with, but then add the further complication of definitions and usage of English words change and evolve quickly. English Bibles have to be constantly edited and changed to select the current word that best matches the meaning of the Hebrew (or Greek/Latin).
We have to trust God when He says he watches over His world to perform it. Despite the version or the language the Holy Bible is consistent in its layout and meaning. Usually if there are lots of changes it's because its not the Holy Bible it's the koran or some other false doctrine of devils.

Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread are memorials of the exodus.
"Good Friday" and "Easter" are Catholic inventions. Jesus was killed on a Wednesday afternoon and rose three days and three nights later on Saturday afternoon (using our names for days).
I agree, I've been trying for years to get people to understand Jesus died on a Wednesday night and rose on the Saturday Sabbath. I see the spirit of truth dwells in you, blessings.

Why do you think he has a particular problem with me personally? It is clear that he doesn't understand where I was going and simply attempted to sidetrack it. He is bringing the Jewish point of view into a Christian discussion.
It's not that people have a problem with you. It's often that someone may envy your Biblical knowledge because the Spirit of God (Truth) is not revealing much of anything to them. They will display their envy with profanity, changing the narrative, name calling, etc...

Ah you see your circular reasoning is getting you into trouble and is in your way and when you tell a lie you must tell another one to keep covering up the fact you lied in the beginning that is why the stories and tales about Jesus are used to cover up this fable and fantasy…… You don’t have the naked truth and when each lie is uncovered you must come up with another plausible answer which does not holdup to scrutiny..According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father—and thus could not have been from the tribe of Judah as it goes by the father to the son… There are some exceptions to this but basically the virgin birth from the holy ghost( Caspar) puts a huge dent in this claim….You can’t have it both ways…Keep squirming though I find it amusing…
I believe it's more than just a claim that Jesus was born of a virgin. I believe that is not a "Christian" claim, but a Biblical and Godly fact. We trust that God cannot lie, Amen.

Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead on Biblical Jewish feast days of Passover and the Feast of Firstfruits according to Leviticus 23:5-11.

At that time there was no such holiday as Easter nor Good Friday. The Roman Emperor Constantine (4th century AD) declared that "pascha" would be officially changed to "Easter" after the pagan goddess Eastre, and the date moved from the Hebrew calendar to the solar calendar forever separating the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus from their original Jewish root. It is indeed antisemitism.

Jesus arrived from Galilee at the Jordan, coming to John to be baptized by him (Matthew 3:13) Seeing Yeshua approaching, John the Baptist declared,

"Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." (John 1:29)

John, a Jewish prophet, was pointing back to the first Passover that had taken place in ancient Egypt. On that day, the firstborn of Egyptians all died, and miraculously, the firstborn of all Israelites were delivered from death through the blood of a lamb.

Yeshua's last supper with his disciples was a Passover meal at which time he said- "This is my body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of me." And in the same Wayne took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood" (Luke 22:19, 20).

Forum List

Back