Daily Affirmations

Everyday when I get out of bed, my first thought is:

"I love the taste of cappuccino in the morning."

And then I vow to drink some as soon as possible.

Wow. I have the same sentiment about napalm.
Or should I have attributed that to my olfactory sense?
(BTW, congrats on the biopsy!!)

Well, if you buy your coffee at Starbucks, you're getting the a twofer. Their coffee smells like napalm afaic.

:)

Everyday when I get out of bed, my first thought is:

"I love the taste of cappuccino in the morning."

And then I vow to drink some as soon as possible.

Wow. I have the same sentiment about napalm.
Or should I have attributed that to my olfactory sense?
(BTW, congrats on the biopsy!!)

Well, if you buy your coffee at Starbucks, you're getting the a twofer. Their coffee smells like napalm afaic.

:)

Now why would I want to buy coffee somewhere that takes 2 people 5 minutes to get it to me and costs 4 dollars?

Now why would I want to buy coffee somewhere that takes 2 people 5 minutes to get it to me and costs 4 dollars?

Well, it's now perfectly clear you are not just another pretty face.

Friends Don't Let Friends Do Starbucks.

(I prefer to "roll" my own.)

May I raise a gentle glass to the fact that this is the last day I ever drink.

Cheers.

I would not say it is a dishonest affirmation, I always mean it at the time.

Last edited:
But then every cell in my body starts to bubble, dance and blow like the Big Bang: I hop on that Dionysian surf board and yell out KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWABUNGA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I look for the positive side of everything in my life. There always is one. I make a point to surround myself with interesting people with whom I can laugh. :) There are many types of humor on these Forums, too. lol. It is all good.

Self-awareness helps me evaluate, change and grow. I now move forward with greater understanding of myself and what I truly desire.

This kind of thread has come up here and on that other Board. Each time I have seen it, at some point, I have shared a line from the old TV show starring Robin Williams, "Mork and Mindy."

At the end of each weekly show, the gimmick was that Mork (an alien) would report back (kind of telepathically) to the leader of his world (or at least the boss of his mission on Earth). The leader was the large (fat) alien known as "Orson." At the end of one episode, the report went a bit like this:

This week I learned that:

"It is not what's in front of you that blocks your path;
It's what's inside of you that holds you back.

Of course, in your case, Orson, it's what's inside of you that is in front of you ...."​

This kind of thread has come up here and on that other Board. Each time I have seen it, at some point, I have shared a line from the old TV show starring Robin Williams, "Mork and Mindy."

At the end of each weekly show, the gimmick was that Mork (an alien) would report back (kind of telepathically) to the leader of his world (or at least the boss of his mission on Earth). The leader was the large (fat) alien known as "Orson." At the end of one episode, the report went a bit like this:

Of course, in your case, Orson, it's what's inside of you that is in front of you ...."​

That 'other' board?

And from one of those posters that used to be sold in overly-scented cheesy stores for wannabe hippies -- after the 1960's had passed them by -- there was an image, taken from a beach or dock, showing a small sailing ship still visible on the horizon, at sunset, with the motivational saying emblazoned on the bottom of the poster:

A ship in the harbor is safe;

but that is not what ships are built for.

That 'other' board?

It is "the Board that must not be named."

It's sort of like Voldemort.

Oh shit!

And from one of those posters that used to be sold in overly-scented cheesy stores for wannabe hippies -- after the 1960's had passed them by -- there was an image, taken from a beach or dock, showing a small sailing ship still visible on the horizon, at sunset, with the motivational saying emblazoned on the bottom of the poster:

Are you talking about Spencer Gifts?
Funny how you can remember that Liability. Are you sure you don't have the poster hanging on your wall in your bedroom? lol

That 'other' board?

It is "the Board that must not be named."

It's sort of like Voldemort.

Oh shit!

Spill it!

Funny how you can remember that Liability. Are you sure you don't have the poster hanging on your wall in your bedroom? lol

That's the company! :lol:

Yeah. My younger brother used to work for Spencer Gifts back in the by-gone days of yore.

As for the poster, I saw it back in the late 70's or early 80's. For whatever reason, it made an impression at the time. And yes, I did buy it. But it was lost many many years ago. I can still recall the reds of the sunset in the picture.

I tried a Google search for images, but could not find a copy of that poster -- at least not the specific one I recall.

That's the company! :lol:

Yeah. My younger brother used to work for Spencer Gifts back in the by-gone days of yore.

As for the poster, I saw it back in the late 70's or early 80's. For whatever reason, it made an impression at the time. And yes, I did buy it. But it was lost many many years ago. I can still recall the reds of the sunset in the picture.

I tried a Google search for images, but could not find a copy of that poster -- at least not the specific one I recall.

Have you tried here?
AllPosters.com - The World's Largest Poster and Print Store!

Forum List

Back