Zone1 From the viewpoint of a man in his twilight years

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I have spent most of my adult life being angry with God, blaming him for my misfortunes, blaming him for my bad mental health, blaming him while refusing to be grateful for the life he gave me and the many gifts he has bestowed upon me.

I am 58, soon to be 59. I am not yet "old" but I will be soon, I am approaching the twilight of my life.

If I am to have peace within myself, I must set aside my anger and resentment and make my peace with God.

He has been waiting for me, like a patient father, for me to return to his loving arms.

I have spent most of my adult life being angry with God, blaming him for my misfortunes, blaming him for my bad mental health, blaming him while refusing to be grateful for the life he gave me and the many gifts he has bestowed upon me.

I am 58, soon to be 59. I am not yet "old" but I will be soon, I am approaching the twilight of my life.

If I am to have peace within myself, I must set aside my anger and resentment and make my peace with God.

He has been waiting for me, like a patient father, for me to return to his loving arms.
Sounds like a dose of mental health has been injected not your mind and soul. Best of luck.

I came to the same conclusion a few years ago in the middle of a request for HIS help. I came to realize that I am profoundly blessed and I have no right to ask for further blessings. So multiple times a day, I thank HIM for all of my blessings and only ask for peace on earth and forgiveness for a multitude of sins.

For a minute I thought this was written by IM2. Always blaming others for their despair...that is poor IM2.

Bub, religion is all manmade. Humans make heaven or hell on earth for themselves. Some do better than others in the happiness dept, but we all can do a little better if we try.

1889.jpg

This post called to mind Paul writing (to the Corinthians if I recall correctly) that he begged God to remove one of his infirmaries. God's response was for Paul to basically ignore the infirmary because His grace was enough.

It seems sometimes God's work needs for us to be infirm so that He can shine through us without us throwing our own curtain over Him. Give God your infirmaries and watch Him work through them. Did Paul ever imagine that the letters he wrote to his small communities would be known world-wide over countless generations? That's what happened--and it very well could have been that Paul allowed God to work through those infirmaries Paul had--three times--begged God to heal.

For a minute I thought this was written by IM2. Always blaming others for their despair...that is poor IM2.

Bub, religion is all manmade. Humans make heaven or hell on earth for themselves. Some do better than others in the happiness dept, but we all can do a little better if we try.

View attachment 932288
The funny thing is, im2 is religious. Well, maybe in the same vein as Reverend Sharpton.

This post called to mind Paul writing (to the Corinthians if I recall correctly) that he begged God to remove one of his infirmaries. God's response was for Paul to basically ignore the infirmary because His grace was enough.

It seems sometimes God's work needs for us to be infirm so that He can shine through us without us throwing our own curtain over Him. Give God your infirmaries and watch Him work through them. Did Paul ever imagine that the letters he wrote to his small communities would be known world-wide over countless generations? That's what happened--and it very well could have been that Paul allowed God to work through those infirmaries Paul had--three times--begged God to heal.
1st. you are nowhere near your twilight years.

work out . eat right. take care of your teeth.

that as always involves those you have encounters through your life their disposition becomes yours ...

the desert is known to persecute and victimize the innocent especially through their commandments best hope that isn't your case - being still young now's the time to figure out the difference between servitude and denial ... and 1st century liberation theology, self determination. if possible.

You got 20 or more years left it is not twilight of life it is a new life enjoy. I am 65 and I hit the beach go out to eat buy things I never could have in the past. Fishing, hunting making new friends catching up on reading and other interest. My joint problems slow me down but I plug away and enjoy as much as possible.

Yes.

May God bless you Blackrook! I hope you live out the rest of your life in peace!

Forum List

Back