Daily Affirmations

<sigh> It's not 'fun snow', it's 'winds at 35mph so cold even the dog wants nothing to do with it' snow. I"m sick of it I tell ya . . . .

Guess I'll make chocolate chip cookies. They go well with snow days. :)

Yum! Now I'm definitely coming over to your house! I'll bring some board games and a deck of cards. lol

I'm sick of the weather as well. That storm last night, even though it was all rain for us, left our house with two less shutters and several missing roof shingles. Along with a number of down trees in our neighbor's yards.

Is this the Nor'easter storm? I'm in PA - suburbs of Philly - and we're getting snow. Not as much as they are in the Poconos and surrounding areas, but enough. I haven't checked out the wind damage yet. The grill is still standing so that's good! Even though it's really cold and really windy and really snowing . . . our sump pump keeps coming on (not complaining though). It's just weird, I would think the ground was more frozen than that.
I'm up near the PA-NY boarder. The Pocono's were forecast to get the worst of this storm. But we managed to get hit pretty hard. The Weather Channel was forecasting Binghamton to get 1 to 2 feet.

<sigh> It's not 'fun snow', it's 'winds at 35mph so cold even the dog wants nothing to do with it' snow. I"m sick of it I tell ya . . . .

Guess I'll make chocolate chip cookies. They go well with snow days. :)

Yum! Now I'm definitely coming over to your house! I'll bring some board games and a deck of cards. lol

I'm sick of the weather as well. That storm last night, even though it was all rain for us, left our house with two less shutters and several missing roof shingles. Along with a number of down trees in our neighbor's yards.

Is this the Nor'easter storm? I'm in PA - suburbs of Philly - and we're getting snow. Not as much as they are in the Poconos and surrounding areas, but enough. I haven't checked out the wind damage yet. The grill is still standing so that's good! Even though it's really cold and really windy and really snowing . . . our sump pump keeps coming on (not complaining though). It's just weird, I would think the ground was more frozen than that.

Yup ... it sure was. I live in a suburb of Boston. ( waving to Zoom-boing down there near Philly! ) lol We had the top half of a pine tree snap off overnight, but thankfully that didn't cause any structual damage. Anyone got a chainsaw I can borrow. Sigh.

Looking at The Weather Channel, New England is due for snow over the weekend. Oh joy. I was going to stop at the grocery store this afternoon, for a bottle or two of champagne and I know the place is going to be a madhouse! It's a good thing I don't need bread or milk.

Don't take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

Be inpeccable with your word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using your word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Don't make assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.

Always do your best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment. It will be different when you're healthy as opposed to when you're sick. Under any circumstances, simply do your best and you will avoid self-judgement, self-abuse and regret.

Don't take life too seriously; nobody gets out alive.

EDIT:

I forgot to attribute that one. I believe it was from the old comedian, now deceased, Red Skelton.

Last edited:
I'm going to give it the ol college try!

:lol:

Immortality MIGHT be over-rated.

As opposed to the alternative? My money says Gates and Allen have a cloning project going on somewhere. :eusa_shhh:

:lol:

I dunno.

I had a buddy one time quote a genius (I believe it was famous Science Fiction author Isaac Asimov) to the effect that he wasn't worried about nothingness after death comes because, as far as he knew, he had been non-existent for hundreds of millions or billions of years BEFORE he was born, and it "didn't bother him a bit, then."

Don't take life too seriously; nobody gets out alive.

EDIT:

I forgot to attribute that one. I believe it was from the old comedian, now deceased, Red Skelton.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPbIls0iOnI]YouTube - Red & The Pledge[/ame]

Everyday when I get out of bed, my first thought is:

"I love the taste of cappuccino in the morning."

And then I vow to drink some as soon as possible.

Everyday when I get out of bed, my first thought is:

"I love the taste of cappuccino in the morning."

And then I vow to drink some as soon as possible.

Wow. I have the same sentiment about napalm.
Or should I have attributed that to my olfactory sense?
(BTW, congrats on the biopsy!!)

Forum List

Back