You wont Qual for an EV credit

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
So what is the true goal of this,,,,,,,

The true goal is to get democrats elected in November, and that is it. They don't give a fuck about inflation, they don't give a fuck about economic growth, they only care about saving their jobs and controlling the House and the Senate. And that's pretty much it.

The true goal is to get democrats elected in November, and that is it. They don't give a fuck about inflation, they don't give a fuck about economic growth, they only care about saving their jobs and controlling the House and the Senate. And that's pretty much it.
Maybe something more than a nothing burger or outright disaster would be a better way to do that

The problem is that the Inflation Reduction Act’s sourcing requirements come online so quickly, starting in 2023, and ratchet upward so rapidly, that the plan could backfire. Instead of expanding electric vehicle adoption, the policy could make almost all electric vehicles ineligible for the tax incentives. The climate bill could short-circuit EV tax credits, making qualifying for them nearly impossible
Should not affect me and mine, as we are a two (Paid off) gasoline SUVs couple, that we are quite happy with, my sons with gas Suv and Pickup and daughter with her kids and another full sized SUV. But, you guys enjoy!

Should not affect me and mine, as we are a two (Paid off) gasoline SUVs couple, that we are quite happy with, my sons with gas Suv and Pickup and daughter with her kids and another full sized SUV. But, you guys enjoy!
PLanet killer........
Wifes is paid off mine not far behind...very low miles. Drive a mile to work.....May very well be my last vehicle.HAd it 3 yrs and still havent put as many miles on it as it had when purchased

PLanet killer........
Wifes is paid off mine not far behind...very low miles. Drive a mile to work.....May very well be my last vehicle.HAd it 3 yrs and still havent put as many miles on it as it had when purchased
You have an EV and really like it? That is cool if it works for you. I am in West Tennessee. We do local getting around, but retired and like to travel hundreds of miles. I kayak and camp and no white water for hundreds of miles and no charging once back in there. The Jeep lets me get into places and I know how to work on it, if necessary. The air quality is pretty good here and no smog, lots of clean water (4 inches in last 5 days), lots of trees. I'll try not to kill the planet for you, while in the back country. Don't think about it. You won't even know I'm here, I swear! :D

You have an EV and really like it? That is cool if it works for you. I am in West Tennessee. We do local getting around, but retired and like to travel hundreds of miles. I kayak and camp and no white water for hundreds of miles and no charging once back in there. The Jeep lets me get into places and I know how to work on it, if necessary. The air quality is pretty good here and no smog, lots of clean water (4 inches in last 5 days), lots of trees. I'll try not to kill the planet for you, while in the back country. Don't think about it. You won't even know I'm here, I swear! :D
No.......I dont

Petroleum addiction, whether the vehicle is completely paid for or not, still has to buy the drug from the pimp, is still susceptible to the whims of the pimp's market. Solar recharging one's owned EV and recharging equipment allows prisoners to at least partially break the addiction cycle.

Petroleum addiction, whether the vehicle is completely paid for or not, still has to buy the drug from the pimp, is still susceptible to the whims of the pimp's market. Solar recharging one's owned EV and recharging equipment allows prisoners to at least partially break the addiction cycle.
Yeah thats it....case ya didnt know prices for electricity are on the way up too.......and you'll need at least 2 maybe three charges to equal my 1 tank of fuel

Yeah thats it....case ya didnt know prices for electricity are on the way up too.......and you'll need at least 2 maybe three charges to equal my 1 tank of fuel
You sidestep the first-cause philosophy: to screw the pimp out of a victim. Next, price for electricity is minimal if one owns the recharging equipment, which has few moving parts and doesn't require more libidinal types to mine and process the energy source. Psychologically and physically rewarding, conserving energy means that one can always rely on pedal power.

Carrying the extra weight of an extra battery that can be charged while the vehicle is in motion, is an efficient way to increase the range of the vehicle. After batteries on the bike or trike are standardized, battery vending stations will mesh with lithium recycling technology operating in the country of use, not sent back to communist China.

Cargo bikes are serious contenders for consumer dollars, some with enclosed compartments for passengers. This concept of enclosure is evolving and will allow year-long travel. The future may see EV-friendly interstate systems. There is already such a system for bikes: Badger State Trail (Wisconsin) connects to Jane Addams State Trail (Illinois).

The problem is that the Inflation Reduction Act’s sourcing requirements come online so quickly, starting in 2023, and ratchet upward so rapidly, that the plan could backfire. Instead of expanding electric vehicle adoption, the policy could make almost all electric vehicles ineligible for the tax incentives. The climate bill could short-circuit EV tax credits, making qualifying for them nearly impossible

To give democrats more money to spend and more IRS agent muscle to use against their political enemies…..and whatever else is actually hidden in the Bill….

Who the fuck cares? Stop trying to dictate how people live.

Really?

Your car MIGHT get 350 miles on a charge. And you have to sit for 5 hours to recharge.

My car gets 500 miles for a 12 gallon tank. I can be refilled and back on the road in 10 minutes and that includes running inside, taking a piss and buying a Twinkie. A cross country trip in a Tesla would take 4 times longer than in a conventional car.

Oh yea, in 10 years my car won't be totaled out when the battery goes dead because the cost of a replacement exceeds the value of the car.

Did I mention Teslas take VERY expensive tires that barely last 25,000 miles due to the weight of the car? 1400 dollars for a set of tires and 25000 miles JUST IN TIRES. My car takes a 200 dollar set that has an 80,000 mile warranty.

3 month old article that doesn't even take recent Bidenflation into account:

Your EV cars are nothing more than a gimmick.

Last edited:
Really?

Your car MIGHT get 350 miles on a charge. And you have to sit for 5 hours to recharge.

My car gets 500 miles for a 12 gallon tank. I can be refilled and back on the road in 10 minutes and that includes running inside, taking a piss and buying a Twinkie.

Oh yea, in 10 years my car won't be totaled out when the battery goes dead because the cost of a replacement exceeds the value of the car. Did I mention Teslas take VERY expensive tires that barely last 25,000 miles due to the weight of the car? 1400 dollars for a set of tires and 25000 miles JUST IN TIRES. My car takes a 200 dollar set that has an 80,000 mile warranty.

3 month old article that doesn't even take recent Bidenflation into account:

Your EV cars are nothing more than a gimmick.

And what too many people fail to realize?

They know that EVs are not going to work.......that is the point....they will force people to have them, most won't be able to afford them......... but their old car will be taken through stupid new laws that say they are illegal........the goal is to limit the ability of people to move freely....force them onto public transportation, force them to have smaller families, if any, as a consequence...

The democrat party as a core value believes there are too many people on the planet...that people are destroying the planet, and that they need fewer people to exist to make it easier to control them........

Never, ever give people like that control of your power supply.......your healthcare........your food supply.......

Is there any data about EVs lasting in cold northern winters? Not everybody has a nice garage to park the thing in overnight. Or at work during the day. How many of those winters can an EV take before that expensive battery goes TU?

Hey, my wife and I have a EV. And we will qualify the EV Credit, so you are a liar. We qualify for both the State of California Credit and Federal Credit. I called the dealership when the Inflation Reduction Act passed, and the manager assured me that my wife and I would qualify.

"solar recharging" What are the sun tan lotion requirements on this one?
Gasoline in 3.16 a gallon and falling.

Too be honest, stop trying to dictate how I live my life. I am sick of it. I will never own an electric car. Don't want that pile of junk.

Forum List

Back