I was stranded in an EV at midnight. Progressives don't want you to know about my nightmare

Gosh. If this woman's experience in an EV rental doesn't spell it all out, I don't know what else will. Apparently, the cars don't do a very good job of letting the driver know how far it can actually go. This, of course, put her in a very dangerous position.

Anyway...

''At least 13 states, including Washington, California, New York, and Virginia, plus D.C., mandate (emphasis mine) new car sales to be EVs by 2035. The goal is to convert everyone to electric -- by force...''

''I donā€™t own a car, so I rented one from Hertz. I was dubious of the EV they gave me, but I had no choice: they rented out the gas-powered car that I reserved and I was out of options.''

''As I drove to the wedding venue, I was nearly glued to the dashboard, watching a dwindling battery percentage. Just when I thought everything would be OK, I encountered hills. EV batteries do not like hills...When I arrived at the venue, my dashboard said the battery would only last 43 more miles. I needed double that to make it back to Seattle. From the vows to the post-ceremony dinner, I was panicked, downloading apps that mapped out the nearest EV power stations, hoping I could make this work...There was a nearby EV plugin location with a dozen open spaces -- for Teslas. I wasnā€™t driving a Tesla. Without a standard EV plug, if you donā€™t have an adapter, youā€™re out of luck. The closest location compatible with my car was a diner in the middle of nowhere, 30 miles away.''

I nervously headed out, watching the battery react to every hill, and every press of the gas pedal. The car misled me about how far Iā€™d get. After 30 minutes, I had 9.5 miles to the charger and a battery that could handle 17 more miles.

''Pro-tip: when driving an EV, do not make any mistakes -- like missing a poorly lit off-ramp to your plug-in station on a highway where the next opportunity to get off and head back is two miles away (and two miles back), when your battery has only about one mile left to give. I was forced to pull over, cruising to a stop in the middle of nowhere. The battery had died as I was pulling off the freeway. Moments later, the lights and heat went out. It was pitch black and about 30 degrees...After two hours of mostly yelling at Hertz customer service and cursing the lack of EV infrastructure in the state, I got an Uber after two hours of waiting. A driver named Hussein took pity on me and agreed to pick me up. He couldnā€™t arrive soon enough. My cell phone battery hit 13%, and, as with my EV, I had nowhere to plug it in...When the Uber arrived, I abandoned the EV. It was now Hertzā€™s problem. I got home, $108.91 later (plus a generous tip). This is your future in the Democratsā€™ EV world.''

Continued - I was stranded in an EV at midnight. Progressives don't want you to know about my nightmare
Yeah never trust the range number on the dashboard it's not expressed in linear miles it's expressed in equivalent miles.....better to follow the percentage.

Its not an exaggeration.
Venus has more greenhouse gases that make it over 400 degree F, all the time.
It can easily happen here.

No, it can't. Venus ALWAYS had a dense atmosphere. It formed that way. It is physically impossible for the Earth to generate a dense atmosphere like Venus.

Sheesh, where do you people come from...

Gosh. If this woman's experience in an EV rental doesn't spell it all out, I don't know what else will. Apparently, the cars don't do a very good job of letting the driver know how far it can actually go. This, of course, put her in a very dangerous position.

Anyway...

''At least 13 states, including Washington, California, New York, and Virginia, plus D.C., mandate (emphasis mine) new car sales to be EVs by 2035. The goal is to convert everyone to electric -- by force...''

''I donā€™t own a car, so I rented one from Hertz. I was dubious of the EV they gave me, but I had no choice: they rented out the gas-powered car that I reserved and I was out of options.''

''As I drove to the wedding venue, I was nearly glued to the dashboard, watching a dwindling battery percentage. Just when I thought everything would be OK, I encountered hills. EV batteries do not like hills...When I arrived at the venue, my dashboard said the battery would only last 43 more miles. I needed -----------
this is not the only story I've heard of about how unreliable EVs are. There was a political commentator on Fox some time ago who related his horror story, a guy named Rantz

I'll bet he has plenty to rant about vis a vis EVs

Forum List

Back