The Death Rattle of EV’s

The rollout should have begun with hybrid Electric vehicles to allow more time for the technology and the power grid to develop. The Democrats and their Green Globalist masters screwed the pooch by forcing EV ONLY waaaaaaaay before the grid or the technology was ready.
The theory, that I heard at the start of the EV mess (UK), was to put the deadlines in place to motivate/tell manufacturers to research and develop the technology, otherwise nothing would happen. As progress is made, or lack of it, the deadline in the UK has moved back 5 years. And as progress continues, or lack of it again, it'll move another 5 years.

Car manufacturers have realised that affordable useful convenient EV's is only a dream. The CEO of Hertz has just had his marching orders, he believed buying in thousands of EV's was a great idea, and it flumped, BIG STYLE.

EV's are fly paper for the gullible.

The rollout should have begun with hybrid Electric vehicles to allow more time for the technology and the power grid to develop. The Democrats and their Green Globalist masters screwed the pooch by forcing EV ONLY waaaaaaaay before the grid or the technology was ready.
That is the correct motorcycle. Plug-in hybrids are a great way to go. My boss has had one for two years now and they've been to the gas station 4 times because they use it as an about town car and rarely run the batteries all the way down.

What power going out?
You say we can't wait for the technology to mature or the grid to be beefed up enough to handle the extra demand, so obviously, you're willing for the power to go out on a regular basis when we flood the country with millions of cars that all require recharging, and since we all follow the same patterns of when we drive, they'll need to be charged at the same time. With an unprepared power grid, that means the power goes out on a regular basis, so again, how many people dying in the following circumstances are you willing to accept?

1. People on respirators or other machines that must function or they die.
2. People who die in the summer heat without A/C.
3. People who die in the winter cold.
4. People whose security systems go down without power who face a murderous intruder.

And the list goes on.

That is the correct motorcycle. Plug-in hybrids are a great way to go. My boss has had one for two years now and they've been to the gas station 4 times because they use it as an about town car and rarely run the batteries all the way down.
My wife and I both traded in our cars within the last couple years and would have considered hybrid models. There was almost no inventory either time we were ready to buy.

Forum List

Back