WAKE UP EV supporters! Question for you : Where will the electricity needed by EVs come from?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I know, I know, some of you are informed as to how electricity is generated in the USA.
But the vast majority of EV supporters just flip a switch in the room, or turn on the stove or plug into an outlet to charge the EV.
But to those of you that have no idea, FACTS folks:
3,400 electric generating plants create the
  • 79% of the nation's energy comes from fossil fuels,
  • 8.0% from nuclear, and
  • 13.1% from renewable sources.

So with Biden's guarantee to "rid fossil fuels" eliminating 3,400 fossil fueled plants AND with
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

So a simple question you EV supporters, Where will 79% of the electricity needed TODAY before EVs that will according to the following:
"..An equivalent of approximately 4,800 billion kWh was used to fuel gasoline vehicles over that year.
Do you understand folks? Doing what "Agreement to phase out fossil fuels would be huge for humanity, says Gore
Do you people understand what that means to your daily life?
Where will 79% of your electricity come from?

Personal solar panels? Not all households in the USA live in single dwelling homes.
In 2022, it had skyrocketed to close to 30%.
So where will the rest of 70% American households get electricity as they won't have solar panels?

If someone wants an EV, I suppose they will get it the same place others do now.

If someone wants an EV, I suppose they will get it the same place others do now.
YOU MISSED the POINT!!! Where will the electricity come from if 79% of it is GONE per Biden's
guarantee to...
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

Please answer that?

You're a fool OP
If consumers stop being so selfish
and just heat their homes for a maximum of four hours a day , the problem disappears .

It would be nice if the Government also introduced the idea of Fresh Friday where those doing without heating would qualify for a recognition certificate of unselfish Green Neighbourly Activity with Free entry to a monthly lottery with more Green gadgets as prizes .

Green sources. Those are sources that are greener than Carbon based energy.

And of course EV's can never replace all gas and diesel fueled vehicles. Other solutions will be needed.

Can anyone in the class tell us what those alternative sources and solutions will be.

A hint: When you come to school in the morning, what has pedals?

The creation of power for autos is an ever-increasing industry no matter what you fuel them with.
So where will 79% of the USA electricity come from if Biden's guarantee...

YOU MISSED the POINT!!! Where will the electricity come from if 79% of it is GONE per Biden's
guarantee to...

Please answer that?

You're so gullible.

You're a fool OP
and just heat their homes for a maximum of four hours a day , the problem disappears .

It would be nice if the Government also introduced the idea of Fresh Friday where those doing without heating would qualify for a recognition certificate of unselfish Green Neighbourly Activity with Free entry to a monthly lottery with more Green gadgets as prizes .

And then in northern cities all the pipes freeze and explode.....

Why should I give up my standard of living for your phobias?

Can anyone in the class tell us what those alternative sources and solutions will be.

A hint: When you come to school in the morning, what has pedals?
Perfect .
By pedalling to work you also reduce the Fatty epidemic .
And having your own snug pedal car will be a huge improvement on silly cold two wheel bicycles .
Obvious and simple if you think properly and unselfishly .

You're a fool OP

Of the energy used in U.S. homes in 2015, 55% of it was used for heating and cooling. Water heating, appliances, electronics, and lighting accounted for the remaining 45% of total consumption.
In 2021, the average annual electricity consumption for a U.S. home was 10,632 kilowatt-hours (kWh).
FACTS then using your idea of 4 hours per week just for heating/cooling would mean the following:
55% of 10,632 kWh for heating/A/C.. or 5,847 kWh for heat/AC.
24 hours X 365 days or 8,760 hours per year minus 1,040 hours per year that heat/AC not used.
Total of 4,807 kWh of 10,632 (45%) average home used for heat/AC.

So basic question is where will the 70% of households without solar panels get the 4,807 kWh per household per year needed if nearly 80% of electricity is no longer available because Biden :

Just something people like you haven't figured out because you evidently can't use the Internet!
I've provided links for my statements... where is your substantiation?

From your above comments:

"They are concerned about BEVs [battery electric vehicles] being unaffordable. Many do not have garages for home charging or easy access to public charging stations. Customers are also concerned about the loss of driving range in cold or hot weather," the letter reads, adding, "Today’s current technology is not adequate to support the needs of the majority of our consumers."

Forum List

Back