I was stranded in an EV at midnight. Progressives don't want you to know about my nightmare

No, you have it wrong, as usual. You leftists push and push, and kill millions until finally the people rise up and kill you in self defense.
Basically right, but it doesn't matter which side is wrong and has caused the people to rise up.

Let's just say it's the left!

Renewable energy provides
Fossil fuels (total)2,55360.4%

Nuclear77218.2%

which is not fossil fuel

Renewables (total)90121.3%

So your statement is correct to an extend. Still nuclear energy is not fossil fuel. So fossil fuel currently provides 60%.

At one time it provided higher percentages in the past.

Its not going to be replace quickly but eventually it will be and is close to breaking into the 50% range.

There are countries that are in the 80 and 90% of renewable energy production. Generally because they are developing countries that did not have an established fossil fuel production capability.

Iceland is in the 80% renewable energy production because of the sources they have available for renewable energy. I also imagine it population is far smaller.

Renewable energy provides
Fossil fuels (total)2,55360.4%

Nuclear77218.2%

which is not fossil fuel

Renewables (total)90121.3%

So your statement is correct to an extend. Still nuclear energy is not fossil fuel. So fossil fuel currently provides 60%.

At one time it provided higher percentages in the past.

Its not going to be replace quickly but eventually it will be and is close to breaking into the 50% range.

There are countries that are in the 80 and 90% of renewable energy production. Generally because they are developing countries that did not have an established fossil fuel production capability.

Iceland is in the 80% renewable energy production because of the sources they have available for renewable energy. I also imagine it population is far smaller.

Of course fuel sources will evolve as time goes by. Steam engines ruled the day at one time. This will happen gradually, via the market and innovation, not by government mandate.

so she ran out of gas...

And it’s liberals fault.

No she ran out of power. Gas stations were everywhere, these stupid fucking charging stations are few and far between out in the country.

She wanted a gas car and Hertz fucked her into an EV. And now the whole world gets to expereince the misery the EV industry has brought people.

Is it these peoples faults their Teslas were dead in the parking lot?

Do you have any alternative solutions to slow down or stop global warming.

EV's can't replace all gas and diesel vehiclesll 1 for 1. That would be impossible.

Other solutions include mass transit such as trains, buses, bicycles, etc. Can you add some others?

Cuba has found some very innovative solutions. Mostly due to need but also due to social responsibility.

I agree mass transit is best,
But the EPA is lying to us.
Diesels put out a fourth the carbon of gasoline engines, and that means they pollute carbon less than EVs.
The NOx they put out breaks down in hours and is great for plants.
But another alternative is hydrogen fuel vehicles.

One day they may invent a good battery for a vehicle. For instance, Solid State batteries have good promise but have not had the problems worked out yet.

Lithium Ion batteries for vehicles suck. Terrible technology. We are seeing all the problems and we are seeing the market demand decrease. Many of the people who bought them regret it.

L-I vehicles were nothing more than an Environmental Wacko's wet dream.

Do you know what question marks are?
Regardless, global temperature fluctuations are not a problem to solve, they’re a natural occurrence to be adapted to.

Wrong.
The natural cycle is heating and cooling that is 110k years long and fairly stable and reliable.
The current event is an artificial heating on top of the warmest of the natural heating cycle.
That can easily go runaway with positive feedback, that could kill all life on the planet.

Probably not. The world is too far into EV's and China wouldn't have committed to EV's so strongly if they thought hydrogen had a chance.
However, I'm firmly convinced that it's not a matter of choices nearly as much as lifestyles that reduce energy use.

Maybe solar of various types has all the answers?

One day they may invent a good battery for a vehicle. For instance, Solid State batteries have good promise but have not had the problems worked out yet.

Lithium Ion batteries for vehicles suck. Terrible technology. We are seeing all the problems and we are seeing the market demand decrease. Many of the people who bought them regret it.

L-I vehicles were nothing more than an Environmental Wacko's wet dream.
Your exaggerations.

Probably not. The world is too far into EV's and China wouldn't have committed to EV's so strongly if they thought hydrogen had a chance.

Hydrogen has a much better history, with Iceland cars, Switzerland busses, etc., for 40 years.
EVs from batteries make no sense because batteries are way too heavy, slow, limited capacity, expensive, short lifespan, temp dependent, fire hazard, etc.

By the way, most hydrogen vehicles are EVs. Hydrogen fuel cells are common for space, planes, etc.

However, I'm firmly convinced that it's not a matter of choices nearly as much as lifestyles that reduce energy use.

Maybe solar of various types has all the answers?

Solar is no solution alone because it is not constant.
So would need a storage for night.
And that is where hydrogen comes in.

Your exaggerations.

Batteries are so heavy that they do very badly on hilly terrain, especially in snow.
You will never see a battery airplane.
There already are hydrogen airplanes.

{...
In February 1957, a Martin B-57B of the NACA flew on hydrogen for 20 min for one of its two Wright J65 engines rather than jet fuel.[13] On 15 April 1988, the Tu-155 first flew as the first hydrogen-powered experimental aircraft,[14] an adapted Tu-154 airliner.

Boeing converted a two-seat Diamond DA20 to run on a fuel cell designed and built by Intelligent Energy.[15] It first flew on April 3, 2008.[16] The Antares DLR-H2 is a hydrogen-powered aeroplane from Lange Aviation and the German aerospace center.[17] In July 2010, Boeing unveiled its hydrogen powered Phantom Eye UAV, that uses two converted Ford Motor Company piston engines.[18]

In 2010, the Rapid 200FC concluded six flight tests fueled by gaseous hydrogen. The aircraft and the electric and energy system was developed within the European Union's ENFICA-FC project coordinated by the Politecnico di Torino.[19] Hydrogen gas is stored at 350 bar, feeding a 20 kW (27 hp) fuel cell powering a 40 kW (54 hp) electric motor along a 20 kW (27 hp) lithium polymer battery pack.

On January 11, 2011, an AeroVironment Global Observer unmanned aircraft completed its first flight powered by a hydrogen-fueled propulsion system.[20]

Developed by Germany's DLR Institute of Engineering Thermodynamics, the DLR HY4 four-seater was powered by a hydrogen fuel cell, its first flight took place on September 29, 2016.[21] It has the possibility to store 9 kg (20 lb) of hydrogen, 4x11 kW fuel cells and 2x10 kWh batteries.[22][better source needed]

On 19 January 2023, ZeroAvia flew its Dornier 228 testbed with one turboprop replaced by a prototype hydrogen-electric powertrain in the cabin, consisting of two fuel cells and a lithium-ion battery for peak power.[23] The aim is to have a certifiable system by 2025 to power airframes carrying up to 19 passengers over 300 nmi (560 km).[23]

On 2 March 2023, Universal Hydrogen flew a Dash 8 40-passenger testbed with one engine powered by their hydrogen-electric powertrain. The company has received an order from Connect Airways to convert 75 ATR 72-600 with their hydrogen powertrains.[24]
...}

Last edited:
Wrong.
The natural cycle is heating and cooling that is 110k years long and fairly stable and reliable.
The current event is an artificial heating on top of the warmest of the natural heating cycle.
That can easily go runaway with positive feedback, that could kill all life on the planet.
hair-fire.gif

hair-fire.gif

hair-fire.gif

Your exaggerations.
Not really.

L-I vehicle technology is too flawed for American driving habits.

An L-I vehicle is OK for short commuter city trips but is really shitty for long trips. Add in the enormous cost, long energy intensive charging, the fact they do poorly in cold weather and mountainous terrain and the deterioration over time and they are not a good value.

Contrary to what the Environmental Wackos think they don't do a damn thing to save the environment because the life cycle carbon foot print from mining raw material to disposal is not much different than an ICE vehicle.

By the way, Lithium is more scarce on earth than oil, by a significant amount. It is also an ecological disaster to mine Lithium.

As an Environmental Engineer that had a 30 year career cleaning up the environment I would have nothing against EVs if they had a good efficient battery. L-I ain't it.

Not really.

L-I vehicle technology is too flawed for American driving habits.

An L-I vehicle is OK for short commuter city trips but is really shitty for long trips. Add in the enormous cost, long energy intensive charging, the fact they do poorly in cold weather and mountainous terrain and the deterioration over time and they are not a good value.

Contrary to what the Environmental Wackos think they don't do a damn thing to save the environment because the life cycle carbon foot print from mining raw material to disposal is not much different than an ICE vehicle.

By the way, Lithium is more scarce on earth than oil, by a significant amount. It is also an ecological disaster to mine Lithium.

As an Environmental Engineer that had a 30 year career cleaning up the environment I would have nothing against EVs if they had a good efficient battery. L-I ain't it.

One guy was so frustrated with his EV limited range, that he bought a diesel generator trailer to tow behind it

No she ran out of power. Gas stations were everywhere, these stupid fucking charging stations are few and far between out in the country.

She wanted a gas car and Hertz fucked her into an EV. And now the whole world gets to expereince the misery the EV industry has brought people.

Is it these peoples faults their Teslas were dead in the parking lot?

If she had run out of gas, would you be having such an orgasm about this non-event?

Forum List

Back