The Tiktok Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriot Act 2.0 is buried in the "TikTok ban"...It's all about the feds getting another way to snoop on you and control the range of "acceptable" information/narratives.
if you dont think they already have access to it youre not thinking it through,,

the problem is its ran by the chinese military for collection of US data,,

them not divesting tells me they are using it against us,,

we already have plenty of social media sites so nothing will be lost by anyone,,

if you dont think they already have access to it youre not thinking it through,,

the problem is its ran by the chinese military for collection of US data,,

them not divesting tells me they are using it against us,,

we already have plenty of social media sites so nothing will be lost by anyone,,
Too many neocon fucks pushing the bill for it to be what it's advertised to be.

It's you who isn't thinking it through.

Too many neocon fucks pushing the bill for it to be what it's advertised to be.

It's you who isn't thinking it through.
sure its what we dont know that always bites us in the ass,, and dems and repubes love to hide shit in bills for something else,,

they dont need anymore access to our lives,, theres isnt a thing they either dont already know about us or cant find out in short order,,

FFS all they have to do is ask our refrigerator's,,

if they chose to not divest,, losing tik tok isnt going to effect anything,,
but it will cut off our info going to the chinese military,,

sure its what we dont know that always bites us in the ass,, and dems and repubes love to hide shit in bills for something else,,

they dont need anymore access to our lives,, theres isnt a thing they either dont already know about us or cant find out in short order,,

Your sociopathic overlords thank you for your indifference.

The people who claim the worry is tiktok's influence in American elections don't seem to worry about Google, YouTube, Facebook or the old Twitter and how they financed the Biden steal.

The people who claim the worry is tiktok's influence in American elections don't seem to worry about Google, YouTube, Facebook or the old Twitter and how they financed the Biden steal.
dont know about you but I worry about all of them and another reason why I dont mind if tik tok goes away,,

but you go right ahead and side with china on this,,

indifference to nothing happening doesnt sound like a big deal to me,,

why are you siding with the chinese government against the american people that are having their privacy stolen from them???
Did you write Joe Biden and thank him for protecting you?

What info?

Uncomfortable questions for comfortable Biden voters

According to most media, a Tik Tok ban is unlikely to take effect for years because China will challenge it in court. They already passed a ban I think in 2022 that the app could not be used on any federal government devices because such access by the CCP was seen as a security threat. And if China does sell the platform, the ban won't go into effect next year.

So many members of Congress that I tend to trust and admire, at least more than others, were on board with the demand that CCP sell the platform or face a U.S. ban of its use, I am not ready to make up my mind whether this is a valid concern or more government overreach. I don't and have never used the app so I don't think I know enough about it to have an informed opinion about it.

What info?
Yes, TikTok has access to your phone, including your name, email, phone number, location, and other personal information. TikTok also collects data about your device and how you use the app, such as your keystroke patterns, battery life, audio settings, and connected audio devices. TikTok can also identify objects and scenery in your videos, the location of faces and body features in images, and the text of words spoken.

1714107237732.png

CBC

What does TikTok know about you? What should you ... - CBC
Mar 1, 2023 — But TikTok also monitors how you use your device and how it functions, including "keystroke patterns or rhythms, battery state, audio settings and connected audio devices," according to those terms. It's also able to identify "the objects and scenery that appear [in your videos], the existence and location within an image of face and body features … and the text of the words spoken." Ninety-nine per cent of people are not going to read the dozens of pages of terms of service," said Heidi Tworek, the Canada Research Chair and Director, of the Centre for the Study of Democratic Institutions at the University of British Columbia.
1714107237743.png

quora.com

Does TikTok really steal your data and information? - Quora
Dec 3, 2023 — TikTok collects a variety of data from its users, including personal information such as their name, email address, phone number, and location, as well as data about their device and use of the app.
TikTok's privacy policy also allows the app to collect the following information:
Direct message contents, Country location, Internet address, Device type, Contacts, and Age.

TikTok says that it uses encryption and security monitoring to secure user data, and that user data is stored in Singapore and the U.S.. However, some concerns about TikTok include:
  • The Chinese government could use the app to access sensitive information about users
  • Excessive data collection can be damaging and unnecessary
  • A data breach could expose users' info
You can turn location services on or off in TikTok by following these steps:
  1. Tap Profile at the bottom of the TikTok app
  2. Tap the Menu button at the top
  3. Select Settings and privacy
  4. Tap Privacy
  5. Tap Location Services
  6. Choose a location access permission for TikTok

Yes, TikTok has access to your phone, including your name, email, phone number, location, and other personal information. TikTok also collects data about your device and how you use the app, such as your keystroke patterns, battery life, audio settings, and connected audio devices. TikTok can also identify objects and scenery in your videos, the location of faces and body features in images, and the text of words spoken. CBC What does TikTok know about you? What should you ... - CBC Mar 1, 2023 — But TikTok also monitors how you use your device and how it functions, including "keystroke patterns or rhythms, battery state, audio settings and connected audio devices," according to those terms. It's also able to identify "the objects and scenery that appear [in your videos], the existence and location within an image of face and body features … and the text of the words spoken." Ninety-nine per cent of people are not going to read the dozens of pages of terms of service," said Heidi Tworek, the Canada Research Chair and Director, of the Centre for the Study of Democratic Institutions at the University of British Columbia. quora.com Does TikTok really steal your data and information? - Quora Dec 3, 2023 — TikTok collects a variety of data from its users, including personal information such as their name, email address, phone number, and location, as well as data about their device and use of the app. TikTok's privacy policy also allows the app to collect the following information: Direct message contents, Country location, Internet address, Device type, Contacts, and Age. TikTok says that it uses encryption and security monitoring to secure user data, and that user data is stored in Singapore and the U.S.. However, some concerns about TikTok include: The Chinese government could use the app to access sensitive information about users Excessive data collection can be damaging and unnecessary A data breach could expose users' info You can turn location services on or off in TikTok by following these steps: Tap Profile at the bottom of the TikTok app Tap the Menu button at the top Select Settings and privacy Tap Privacy Tap Location Services Choose a location access permission for TikTok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back