I was stranded in an EV at midnight. Progressives don't want you to know about my nightmare

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
Gosh. If this woman's experience in an EV rental doesn't spell it all out, I don't know what else will. Apparently, the cars don't do a very good job of letting the driver know how far it can actually go. This, of course, put her in a very dangerous position.

Anyway...

''At least 13 states, including Washington, California, New York, and Virginia, plus D.C., mandate (emphasis mine) new car sales to be EVs by 2035. The goal is to convert everyone to electric -- by force...''

''I don’t own a car, so I rented one from Hertz. I was dubious of the EV they gave me, but I had no choice: they rented out the gas-powered car that I reserved and I was out of options.''

''As I drove to the wedding venue, I was nearly glued to the dashboard, watching a dwindling battery percentage. Just when I thought everything would be OK, I encountered hills. EV batteries do not like hills...When I arrived at the venue, my dashboard said the battery would only last 43 more miles. I needed double that to make it back to Seattle. From the vows to the post-ceremony dinner, I was panicked, downloading apps that mapped out the nearest EV power stations, hoping I could make this work...There was a nearby EV plugin location with a dozen open spaces -- for Teslas. I wasn’t driving a Tesla. Without a standard EV plug, if you don’t have an adapter, you’re out of luck. The closest location compatible with my car was a diner in the middle of nowhere, 30 miles away.''

I nervously headed out, watching the battery react to every hill, and every press of the gas pedal. The car misled me about how far I’d get. After 30 minutes, I had 9.5 miles to the charger and a battery that could handle 17 more miles.

''Pro-tip: when driving an EV, do not make any mistakes -- like missing a poorly lit off-ramp to your plug-in station on a highway where the next opportunity to get off and head back is two miles away (and two miles back), when your battery has only about one mile left to give. I was forced to pull over, cruising to a stop in the middle of nowhere. The battery had died as I was pulling off the freeway. Moments later, the lights and heat went out. It was pitch black and about 30 degrees...After two hours of mostly yelling at Hertz customer service and cursing the lack of EV infrastructure in the state, I got an Uber after two hours of waiting. A driver named Hussein took pity on me and agreed to pick me up. He couldn’t arrive soon enough. My cell phone battery hit 13%, and, as with my EV, I had nowhere to plug it in...When the Uber arrived, I abandoned the EV. It was now Hertz’s problem. I got home, $108.91 later (plus a generous tip). This is your future in the Democrats’ EV world.''

Continued - I was stranded in an EV at midnight. Progressives don't want you to know about my nightmare

Last edited:
Yeah, Rich Liberals who live in my area in Marin County California dont have to worry about this. They have plenty of EV charging stations everywhere for them to make their bubble more comfortable, but in most places througout the U.S. people are forced to find some remote charging lot somewhere they hope they can find and will be in working order once they find it.

And if a woman alone at night has to sit someplace for an hour... or anyone for that matter, risk of becoming a crime victim is a real factor.

Did you check to see if it was a mixed EV and gas vehicle?

Did you do a search of EV stations in the state to know where they were at and plan accordingly?

I rented one from AVIS but it was a mix

It's the whole ''mandate'' thing that I find repugnant.

If people want to buy or rent them, then fine. That should be their choice. Risk is a part of life.

But there must be a choice in the matter.

Unfortunately, choice is what they are observably trying to mandate away in the long-term.

Gosh. If this woman's experience in an EV rental doesn't spell it all out, I don't know what else will. Apparently, the cars don't do a very good job of letting the driver know how far it can actually go. This, of course, put her in a very dangerous position.

Anyway...

''At least 13 states, including Washington, California, New York, and Virginia, plus D.C., mandate (emphasis mine) new car sales to be EVs by 2035. The goal is to convert everyone to electric -- by force...''

''I don’t own a car, so I rented one from Hertz. I was dubious of the EV they gave me, but I had no choice: they rented out the gas-powered car that I reserved and I was out of options.''

''As I drove to the wedding venue, I was nearly glued to the dashboard, watching a dwindling battery percentage. Just when I thought everything would be OK, I encountered hills. EV batteries do not like hills...When I arrived at the venue, my dashboard said the battery would only last 43 more miles. I needed double that to make it back to Seattle. From the vows to the post-ceremony dinner, I was panicked, downloading apps that mapped out the nearest EV power stations, hoping I could make this work...There was a nearby EV plugin location with a dozen open spaces -- for Teslas. I wasn’t driving a Tesla. Without a standard EV plug, if you don’t have an adapter, you’re out of luck. The closest location compatible with my car was a diner in the middle of nowhere, 30 miles away.''

I nervously headed out, watching the battery react to every hill, and every press of the gas pedal. The car misled me about how far I’d get. After 30 minutes, I had 9.5 miles to the charger and a battery that could handle 17 more miles.

''Pro-tip: when driving an EV, do not make any mistakes -- like missing a poorly lit off-ramp to your plug-in station on a highway where the next opportunity to get off and head back is two miles away (and two miles back), when your battery has only about one mile left to give. I was forced to pull over, cruising to a stop in the middle of nowhere. The battery had died as I was pulling off the freeway. Moments later, the lights and heat went out. It was pitch black and about 30 degrees...After two hours of mostly yelling at Hertz customer service and cursing the lack of EV infrastructure in the state, I got an Uber after two hours of waiting. A driver named Hussein took pity on me and agreed to pick me up. He couldn’t arrive soon enough. My cell phone battery hit 13%, and, as with my EV, I had nowhere to plug it in...When the Uber arrived, I abandoned the EV. It was now Hertz’s problem. I got home, $108.91 later (plus a generous tip). This is your future in the Democrats’ EV world.''

Continued - I was stranded in an EV at midnight. Progressives don't want you to know about my nightmare
Do you have any alternative solutions to slow down or stop global warming.

EV's can't replace all gas and diesel vehiclesll 1 for 1. That would be impossible.

Other solutions include mass transit such as trains, buses, bicycles, etc. Can you add some others?

Cuba has found some very innovative solutions. Mostly due to need but also due to social responsibility.

Anyway...

so she ran out of gas...

And it’s liberals fault.

Anyway...

Continued - I was stranded in an EV at midnight. Progressives don't want you to know about my

LOL What the heck did she think EVs are? Some sort of a perpetual motion machine? A hypothetical machine that can do work infinitely without an external energy source? :laughing0301:

Of course she needs to check the amount of power left and if it is low, make sure she gets charged up before she drives to her destination.

Same thing one would do with a gasoline powered vehicle. She doesn’t do that and it’s somehow the EV industry’s fault.

Gad. Right wingers are so stupid.

EV's can't replace all gas and diesel vehiclesll 1 for 1. That would be impossible.

Other solutions include mass transit such as trains, buses, bicycles, etc. Can you add some others?

Cuba has found some very innovative solutions. Mostly due to need but also due to social responsibility.

My goodness. You're fully indocrintated.

LOL What the heck did she think EVs are? Some sort of a perpetual motion machine? A hypothetical machine that can do work infinitely without an external energy source? :laughing0301:

Of course she needs to check the amount of power left and if it is low, make sure she gets charged up before she drives to her destination.

Same thing one would do with a gasoline powered vehicle. She doesn’t do that and it’s somehow the EV industry’s fault.

Gad. Right wingers are so stupid.

She reserved a gasoline vehicle.

They gave her an EV.

Unless the wedding party wanted to postpone the wedding until she could shop around at the list minute where she had some freedom of choice in the matter, she was basically stuck with it.

Last edited:
Government and their mandates are out of touch with the complexities of the real world.

Stories like this only serve as confirmation.

She reserved a gasoline vehicle.

They gave her an EV.

Unless the wedding party wanted to postpone the wedding until she could shop around at the list minute where she had some freedom of choice in the matter, she was basically stuck with it.
Them's the brakes. Life, sometimes does not go usually to plan.

She should sue the rental company. Not castigate the entire EV industry because she was a fool for relying on dumb luck instead of power to get her to the finish line.

Do you know what question marks are?
Regardless, global temperature fluctuations are not a problem to solve, they’re a natural occurrence to be adapted to.

Where does the energy come from the charge the EVs Donald? Do you think the grid is charged by wind and solar?

Forum List

Back