Would it be unethical or immoral for a 40 year-old man to procreate with a 14 year-old girl if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...they were the last two remaining people on Earth?

I say no, it would not. Being fruitful and multiplying as soon as possible would be a "good" thing, based on my personal belief system. How about you?
Having babies probably should not be number 1 on your priority list. Setting up house and creating/finding a sustainable long tern food supply should be higher on the list. In other words, make sure you know how to survive without babies before you make babies.

I say no, it would not. Being fruitful and multiplying as soon as possible would be a "good" thing, based on my personal belief system. How about you?
That's how we got our current population, through Noah's inbred children. So that's a go for it.

Biology (and the vast majority of human history) would disagree with you.

Maybe so. I'm not a medical doctor but the question is whether it's moral or ethical.

You've set up a scenario, where normal ethics are superseded by the needs of survival.

BUT, in two years, the guy will only be 42, and the girl will be 16. A lot more mature both mentally and physically.

Two more years, and itis 44 and 18.

How about a more realistic scenario?. There are ten 22 year old swimsuit models who were on my boat when the world flooded. Is it ok if I repopulated the earth with them?

Too young. The idea is repulsive to me.

Setting aside for a moment the medical-risk to the young female for a moment, is it preferable to wait and risk, for the sake of discussion, the male dying prematurely and the human race becoming extinct?

Sorry, it is wrong and wrong is wrong, I’d doom the human race.

It wasn't considered wrong until recently in human history.

In Antiquity is was common due to the fact most people didn't live past 40, and 1/2 your kids died before age 1 so you had to start early and keep at it. Also older men had more of a chance of having the resources to support a large family, or the property that needed such a family to prosper.

Setting aside for a moment the medical-risk to the young female for a moment, is it preferable to wait and risk, for the sake of discussion, the male dying prematurely and the human race becoming extinct?

In Antiquity is was common due to the fact most people didn't live past 40, and 1/2 your kids died before age 1 so you had to start early and keep at it. Also older men had more of a chance of having the resources to support a large family, or the property that needed such a family to prosper.

Interestingly, this would often work out quite well for the woman, who would greatly outlive the husband, inherit everything and end up being the family matriarch.

Interestingly, this would often work out quite well for the woman, who would greatly outlive the husband, inherit everything and end up being the family matriarch.

If she didn't die in childbirth, which was also a rather frequent occurrence back then.

If she didn't die in childbirth, which was also a rather frequent occurrence back then.

I recall coming across, a few times, famous women in history, supporters of various fields, or institutions, who fit the model I described.

I recall coming across, a few times, famous women in history, supporters of various fields, or institutions, who fit the model I described.

I know it did happen, I'm just saying mortality was often the driving force in more primitive societies of matching older men with much younger women.

On what basis is it "wrong"? Is it because you believe that God would deem it wrong or is it something else?
The god of the Christian faith had no qualms about impregnating a 14 year old. And she was married, supposedly. Discounting their comfort with a 14 year old being married; and her inexplicable alleged virginity despite being married...
While the age of 14 may shock the sensibilities of modern western cultures; in the grand total of humanities history, it’s hardly scandalous...

On what basis is it "wrong"? Is it because you believe that God would deem it wrong or is it something else?
The god of the Christian faith had no qualms about impregnating a 14 year old. And she was married, supposedly. Discounting their comfort with a 14 year old being married; and her inexplicable alleged virginity despite being married...
While the age of 14 may shock the sensibilities of modern western cultures; in the grand total of humanities history, it’s hardly scandalous...
Again with this nonsense?

It is what it is. I didn’t write the story...

God did not "have sex with a 14 year old."

God did not "have sex with a 14 year old."
The OP specifically references “impregnating”. And like I said... That’s totally forgoing the fact that the story alleges that she was also married. We all know what happens on a wedding night. Without consummation, there is no marriage. I’ve heard no pedo accusations levied against Joseph. Have you?

There is no absolute proof of Mary's age. GOD would have selected the best individual at the perfect time. It is just as likely that Mary was about 16 and Joseph was about 20. They were already espoused to be married. Many nations in that area today will promise a son or daughter in marriage very young. However, that promise is not consummated until a later date. Often such marriages are used to unite two "good" families. Of course, as the time approaches, a good father will also consider the feelings at that time of his daughter. Is the man respectable, hard working, is there an attraction? You may wish to study this further.

This is a stupid hypothetical. Yes, "men" exist who try to have sex with teenage girls.These are people who are incapable of having normal relations with people of their own age so they hunt for the youngest among us.I remember the Duck Dynasty guy, who says that he is a Christian, encouraging men to go after 16-year-olds. Pedo. roy moore????

There is no absolute proof of Mary's age. GOD would have selected the best individual at the perfect time. It is just as likely that Mary was about 16 and Joseph was about 20. They were already espoused to be married. Many nations in that area today will promise a son or daughter in marriage very young. However, that promise is not consummated until a later date. Often such marriages are used to unite two "good" families. Of course, as the time approaches, a good father will also consider the feelings at that time of his daughter. Is the man respectable, hard working, is there an attraction? You may wish to study this further.
The gymnastics in which some engage, in an effort to obfuscate the obvious, never ceases to entertain...

Does the 14 yo agree to this or is it something the 40 yo is just pushing?

Morality is between them at this point, but if there are only two people left on the planet then humans are already essentially extinct. The gene pool isn't big enough to survive.

If they were really the last 2 people on earth then the father would have to screw his daughters, the mother would have to screw her sons and siblings would have to screw eaxh other resulting in an inbred retarded population

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back