Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my protector

rock on christian dude... now do you agree that a mooooslem be allowed to feel that way about their god?

rock on christian dude... now do you agree that a mooooslem be allowed to feel that way about their god?

Of course. I don't own a monopoly on religious belief or free thinking anymore than you do. Whatever brings peace, comfort and meaning to life, they should pursue it.

An odd question to ask though.

As long as they all get deported, it doesn't matter what they do.

Of course. I don't own a monopoly on religious belief or free thinking anymore than you do. Whatever brings peace, comfort and meaning to life, they should pursue it.

not really an odd question since the vast majority of trump supporting 'christians' don't think so & use islam as a scapegoat for their religious bigotry... just trying to figure out if you are one of them.

do you agree with donny's ban on moooooslem countries & their citizens from entering this country legally?

You shouldn't expect rational discourse when dealing with the herd.

Last edited:
Psalm 112:6-8
The beneficent man will be remembered forever. He is not afraid of evil tidings.
His heart is firm, he trusts in the Lord. His heart is resolute, he is unafraid.
In the end, he will see the fall of his foes.

The Lord is my protector; he is my strong fortress. My God is my protection, and with him I am safe. He protects me like a shield; he defends me and keeps me safe.

Thank you for your time. Pleae be good to each other.
I think you will find that those that believe or at least wonder about religion are tolerant. Those that do not care about religion tend to feel that mocking anyone who cares is the best way to deal with their fear.

The Lord is my protector; he is my strong fortress. My God is my protection, and with him I am safe. He protects me like a shield; he defends me and keeps me safe.

I think you will find that those that believe or at least wonder about religion are tolerant. Those that do not care about religion tend to feel that mocking anyone who cares is the best way to deal with their fear.
I don't care about religion.

I understand that religion is a personal thing, and that my beliefs are not universal. As long as you don't try to impose your beliefs on me, I have no issue with your beliefs, and vice versa.

I don't necessarily agree with the sentiments in the scripture, but I am not offended by them. I do agree with the sentiments following the verse. It is a good message.

So god is your protector... like a condom?
No. God is Spirit and He protects our spirits and our spiritual well-being. A person with a strong, joyful spirit brings that to his/her physical existence. But it begins with the spirit that God protects.

No. God is Spirit and He protects our spirits and our spiritual well-being. A person with a strong, joyful spirit brings that to his/her physical existence. But it begins with the spirit that God protects.
Why does god need to protect our spirits? Did he not make the universe properly and now needs to protect us from what?

So a meaningful car bombing for Allah is ok?
No. Allah is a derivative of "The Moon God" pagan worship.

interesting - i didn't know that. anyhoo, a lot of christian holidays are rooted in paganism as well.

Why does god need to protect our spirits? Did he not make the universe properly and now needs to protect us from what?
Good question. God doesn't NEED to protect our spirits. He chooses to. By definition, He made the universe properly. However, he didn't make our lives ideal. Struggle and striving are part of human existence. He protects our spirits in that struggle, if we let Him.

Good question. God doesn't NEED to protect our spirits. He chooses to. By definition, He made the universe properly. However, he didn't make our lives ideal. Struggle and striving are part of human existence. He protects our spirits in that struggle, if we let Him.
From what exactly?

Temptation, anything that might lower or diminish our spirit.

Thank you SC. We should be good to each other. We are all God's children. He told us to love one another as He loves us.

I turn to Psalms often. I also like the 16th... keep me safe o God you are my hope. It reminds us to trust in Him. He's got our back.

From what exactly?
There's no single answer to that question. If you want an answer, consider what might be troubling your own spirit, and talk to God about it.
You have nothing, go away.

Why didn’t god just not make temptation?
Because then God wouldn't have created humans; he would have created automatons.

If we're to have both a spiritual nature and a physical nature, as we do, then there are going to be temptations, tensions, doubts, heartbreak and all manner of hurt feelings, and all the struggles and pains of being human.We can go through these thing without God's help or with it. If we choose to accept God's help, He protects our spirit as we deal with being human.

Struggle and striving are part of human existence. God protects our spirits in that struggle, if we let Him.There's no single, definitive answer to the question of protection from what.
If you want an answer, consider what might be troubling your own spirit, and talk to God about it.
If you want a respectful discussion of a sincere question you have, there are obviously people here willing to engage in one.
If you only want to bait people and be rude when they don't play your game the way you want it played, how about you go away and leave the thread to people who actually have an interest in spiritual matters?

Forum List

Back