When does satan want you?

Satan can't control you without your consent. It goes against God's law and gift of free will.

You have to AGREE to do bad things like that before Satan can make you.
Doesn't satan usually extort your consent by putting your relatives or yourself into accidents and such?

Nope. Goes against the rules laid out by God. After Job, God said He would never test anyone by letting Satan have free reign over them again.
On 2nd thought, this may be a paradox. We know from countless church records, that demonic possession happens, and through every century at that. In this case, does satan operate within or outside the will / plan / rule of God? If God's rule is upheld, then satan must attack outside that premise, and then we are back to square one, wondering when satan wants you.

Nope, it's usually people who make a deal, or who are somehow conned into accepting the offer of the demon that wants to possess them.

And..............if you follow the old Jewish tradition, Satan isn't really the devil he's been made out to be, because he's actually God's Prosecutor, and is right there to hold you to account for all actions (both good and bad) that you've done and present your case before God.

Taoist beliefs state that there must be balance, so in order for good to exist, bad also has to be there to balance it out.

Me? I'm a spiritual person who believes God is too big to be contained in just one belief system, so I'm learning as much as I can (guided mainly by the similarities of most belief systems), so that I can tell Him what I learned here when I go to see Him.

Even in the Lost Gospel of Thomas, it states that eventually everyone gets out of hell. Even Hitler and Bin Laden.
This is very interesting. This may mean that hope is universal too. This may also explain what happens with things that are totally lost. If things widely believed to be lost, such as hitler get to be found again, then everything may get rebalanced. Amazing.

We humans have bodies of flesh and bone, Satan is only a spirit.
This one reason why we have power over satan.
This is probably a response you've never heard before.
This sounds attractive. I don't understand how this concept works though, because satan is known to cause physical processes.
I don't understand how satan causes physical processes
Satan is frequently portrayed to cause accidents, for example. Such as car accidents, even birth defects and deaths of new mothers, traditionally.

This sounds attractive. I don't understand how this concept works though, because satan is known to cause physical processes.
Satan is frequently portrayed to cause accidents, for example. Such as car accidents, even birth defects and deaths of new mothers, traditionally.

Nope, when it comes to bad things happening to babies and new mothers, that's not Satan, that is Lillith.

I find it interesting that "Satan" or "the Devil" is a catch all for all demons, not the ones that are specific. Satan is God's Prosecutor, Lillith makes bad things happen to babies, and Lucifer is the one that rebelled against God.

Calling all bad spirits "Satan" is like calling all white boys "Bob".

Sorry, I don't buy into that.
When Adam fell, for lack of a better term, life just became a roulette wheel.

Satan is hot for me. But I just fuck with him. I'm outta his league.

Actually, no it didn't. Why? The "original sin" is kinda easy to fix if you understand the real story of the Garden.

Original sin wasn't that Adam and Eve ate of the apple, it was that they refused to take responsibility for their actions. When God asked Adam, he blamed Eve, and when He asked Eve, she blamed the serpent. It wasn't that apple that caused the trouble, it was refusing to take responsibility for their actions. If Adam had said "yeah, I wanted to try it, sorry that I did", things would more than likely be much different today.

So..............if you take responsibility for your actions and own up to them, THAT is the way to get out of the trap of original sin.

And then..............follow either the 10 Commandments or the 7 Noahide commandments, because that is a way to keep you alive.

First 3? Know exactly who God is and don't disrespect Him. Why? If you don't know who He is, you can't ask Him for help. If you disrespect Him, He might not listen to your requests for help. If you pray to a graven image? You've just committed idolatry, and sorry, but no statue, painting or whatever can help you, it has to be God.

Thou shalt not murder? If you murder someone, then someone they love might come to murder you.

Thou shalt not bear false witness? Lies can kill, especially if you lie to the local mobster about your ability to repay, or lie to your doctor about some of your symptoms.

Thou shalt not steal? If you steal from someone, they may want to kill you for it.

Thou shalt respect thy mother and father? They brought you here, they can take you out.

Remember the Sabbath? Take some time out to relax, stress kills. Besides, God would like to have some time with you. After all, he visited Adam and Eve in the Garden on a regular basis, and wouldn't mind visiting with you, if you're free that is.

Thou shalt not commit adultery? Sleep around with someone's spouse, and they may come after you.

Thou shalt not covet? If you desire something that belongs to someone else, you might end up obsessing over the object and either steal it or kill someone to get it, either action will result in someone coming after you.

See how easy it is to live a decent life and stay in God's good graces? Everything else that some people consider a "sin" (drinking, dancing, etc.), is nothing more than a vice, but if it's followed long enough, it might cause you to sin.

Last edited:
Satan is no more than a marketing tool used by organized religion to keep the rubes coming back and giving them MONEY, $82.5 BILLION in the US alone.

Actually, no it didn't. Why? The "original sin" is kinda easy to fix if you understand the real story of the Garden.

Original sin wasn't that Adam and Eve ate of the apple, it was that they refused to take responsibility for their actions. When God asked Adam, he blamed Eve, and when He asked Eve, she blamed the serpent. It wasn't that apple that caused the trouble, it was refusing to take responsibility for their actions. If Adam had said "yeah, I wanted to try it, sorry that I did", things would more than likely be much different today.

So..............if you take responsibility for your actions and own up to them, THAT is the way to get out of the trap of original sin.

And then..............follow either the 10 Commandments or the 7 Noahide commandments, because that is a way to keep you alive.

First 3? Know exactly who God is and don't disrespect Him. Why? If you don't know who He is, you can't ask Him for help. If you disrespect Him, He might not listen to your requests for help. If you pray to a graven image? You've just committed idolatry, and sorry, but no statue, painting or whatever can help you, it has to be God.

Thou shalt not murder? If you murder someone, then someone they love might come to murder you.

Thou shalt not bear false witness? Lies can kill, especially if you lie to the local mobster about your ability to repay, or lie to your doctor about some of your symptoms.

Thou shalt not steal? If you steal from someone, they may want to kill you for it.

Thou shalt respect thy mother and father? They brought you here, they can take you out.

Remember the Sabbath? Take some time out to relax, stress kills.

Thou shalt not commit adultery? Sleep around with someone's spouse, and they may come after you.

Thou shalt not covet? If you desire something that belongs to someone else, you might end up obsessing over the object and either steal it or kill someone to get it, either action will result in someone coming after you.

See how easy it is to live a decent life and stay in God's good graces? Everything else that some people consider a "sin" (drinking, dancing, etc.), is nothing more than a vice, but if it's followed long enough, it might cause you to sin.

Remember the Sabbath? Take some time out to relax, stress kills.

That's what I'M talking about.

This guy shot up the room and all the things of his sister, gave a black eye at his mother, burned their car, then raped his girlfriend, before he got arrested. Then he said, that satan wants him, and satan promised him to take pieces off him if he doesn't destroy whatever, and that he is right to do it.

Can satan want and command you to this degree?

The show then put on his father, who was a bigoted communist, and explained it all, and what his son's duties are and how his son is failing short of completing his duties correctly.

So, can it be that his father works for satan, and he was grooming his son for satan under satan's watch, so now satan is taking him?

They were not found to belong to any specific satanist cult though. Do you have an idea how to speculate about an interpretation about this criminal and his father?

Any idea where this might have happened, or anything else that might tie it to reality instead of just some silly story?

Forum List

Back