'He wrote all of it down?': Prosecutors claim to have handwritten notes of Trump hush money scheme

You don't owe income taxes on non-income.

The reimbursement was not income.

The way they ran it through the Trump Organization, it would show up with the IRS and State Department as income since "Attorney's Fee's" which are classified as income generating a 1099 to the IRS.

Yes, it looked like income, it wasn't income.
Trump gave him a bonus.

Donor money instead of personal funds still sounds more serious.
The donors illegally donated well over the limits and the whole thing was kept off the books.

The point is the payoff was a campaign expense but they hid it.

You don't owe income taxes on non-income.

The reimbursement was not income.

The way they ran it through the Trump Organization, it would show up with the IRS and State Department as income since "Attorney's Fee's" which are classified as income generating a 1099 to the IRS.

Yes, it looked like income, it wasn't income.

Invoicing the transaction as "Attorney Fees" which resulted in a 1099, sure did make it income.

WW

Yep, They Grossed Up the $130K to cover taxes, plus some for expenses for the HELOC costs, plus a bonus amount.

WW
I realize Cohen pled to campaign finance violations. But, I don't see any criminal liability if Trump had just decided to pay both women off with his personal money. And payoffs were part of Cohen's regular job. LOL Still, besides Cohen's plea, I don't recall seeing a clear funnel of money from the campaign back to Drowsy Don.

Jmo, but it's a legal hit they put out on Drowsy Don. IF he wasn't running, I'd cry "foul." But ....

I realize Cohen pled to campaign finance violations. But, I don't see any criminal liability if Trump had just decided to pay them both off with his personal money. And besides Cohen's plea, I don't recall seeing a clear funnel of money from the campaign back to Drowsy Don.

Jmo, but it's a legal hit they put out on Drowsy Don. IF he wasn't running, I'd cry "foul." But ....
Because he illegally wrote those expenses off as business expenses, labeling then legal expenses.

Because he illegally wrote those expenses off as business expenses, labeling then legal expenses.
Well yeah, but is just paying someone money .... your own money or your biz money ... illegal? I don't think so. It might be a tax issue, but who cares.

The trouble is if the money was funnelled through the campaign (I dunno), and whether there's a plausible explanation that it was for non-political purposes. (given the timing, imo Don's dead on this one)

Irrelevant. He isn't charged with paying someone money. He is charged with lying on his business records to cover up another crime.
I thought this was about campaign finance violations.

Were these hush money payments illegal?​

Yes. While a hush money payment is not necessarily illegal, Cohen and AMI have both admitted they broke laws by making these payments in an effort to hide unflattering information before the 2016 election.

Cohen pleaded guilty to two campaign finance charges in August 2018: causing an unlawful campaign contribution for his involvement orchestrating the payment from AMI to McDougal, and making an excessive campaign contribution for the payment to Daniels.

AMI, now known as a360media, was not criminally charged by federal authorities but did admit to making the payment to McDougal. The company paid a $187,500 fine to the Federal Election Commission for making an unlawful campaign contribution.

I thought this was about campaign finance violations.

Were these hush money payments illegal?​

Yes. While a hush money payment is not necessarily illegal, Cohen and AMI have both admitted they broke laws by making these payments in an effort to hide unflattering information before the 2016 election.

Cohen pleaded guilty to two campaign finance charges in August 2018: causing an unlawful campaign contribution for his involvement orchestrating the payment from AMI to McDougal, and making an excessive campaign contribution for the payment to Daniels.

AMI, now known as a360media, was not criminally charged by federal authorities but did admit to making the payment to McDougal. The company paid a $187,500 fine to the Federal Election Commission for making an unlawful campaign contribution.
Trumpnis charged with falsifying business records to cover up another crime.

SO WHAT ???

The democommirs do this same exact thing, EVERY FUCKING DAY.

They even spend public money on it.

They even pressure private companies to censor the opposition.

Leftards are FULL OF SHIT.
Bring the indictments.

Good luck bullshit peddler.

Meanwhile, Trump’s lawyers are not going to find these sort of what-aboutisms helpful during his trial.

A shout out to Big Al for keeping copious records of the hush money payment. The prosecution's case is made a little easier. It kinda makes a mockery of Trump's denial he didn't schtoink Stormy. Sorry Melania, you married an unfaithful pig of a man.

What's the status of limitations on this supposed crime?

Forum List

Back