SCOTUS discusses immunity for the President

It assumed federal supremacy without ANY legislation in a situation where the Constitution forbade such actions.

It belongs with the States, unless the Constitution is amended to make that not the case.
Federal supremacy is a fundamental aspect of our government. Roe limited the authority of federal government as well as state government.

Please tell me how limiting the authority of government is fascists.

Federal supremacy is a fundamental aspect of our government. Roe limited the authority of federal government as well as state government.

Roe decided States couldn't regulate something they were regulating, for the sole reason that the court wanted it to be so. No basis on the actual constitution at all.

It's up there with Dred Scott, Plessey, and Chevron as some of the worst crap a Supreme Court has ever foisted on the country.

Law on the Reconstruction of the Reich - Wikipedia

Effects[edit]​

• The parliaments of all the German states were abolished.
  • The sovereignty of the states was transferred to the central Reich government, reducing the states to administrative units of the Reich.
  • The Reich Governors came under the supervision of the Reich Ministry of the Interior, ensuring more centralized control.
  • The conferring and regulation of citizenship became a matter for the central government. State citizenship was abolished as a separate concept and became subsumed into German national citizenship.[8]
  • The Reichsrat, the upper body of Germany's parliament, whose members were appointed by the state governments to represent their interests in national legislation, had effectively been rendered impotent. The Reich government soon formally dissolved the Reichsrat on 14 February 1934, by passage of the "Law on the Abolition of the Reichsrat."[9]
In announcing the passage of the law and its anticipated results in a radio address the day after its passage, Interior Minister Frick declared: "A centuries old dream has been fulfilled. Germany is no longer a weak federal state, but a strong national, centralized country."[5]

I think "limited immunity" for official actions is fine. For criminal acts of a personal nature, then "no".
The supreme court can adjudicate. We don't want state or local courts charging and trying ex-presidents.
We are in danger of removing presidents from positions of authority and transferring their power down to local courts in states.

Roe decided States couldn't regulate something they were regulating, for the sole reason that the court wanted it to be so. No basis on the actual constitution at all.

It's up there with Dred Scott, Plessey, and Chevron as some of the worst crap a Supreme Court has ever foisted on the country.

Law on the Reconstruction of the Reich - Wikipedia
Just like I said. Roe limited government intervention into private affairs.

And that's fascist because?

Dred Scott, Plessey limited individual rights. So did Dobbs.

They have more in common than they do with Roe.

SCOTUS began questioning each other as to if and how a President or former President could be held to account legally for anything

Here is a taste.

Sauer raised three hypothetical examples of past presidents being charged for officials actions taken as president.

He asked whether George W. Bush could be prosecuted for obstructing an official proceeding for allegedly lying to Congress to justify the Iraq war, or Barack Obama charged with murder for killing U.S. citizens abroad by drone strikes or Biden charged with unlawfully inducing immigrants to enter country illegally, based on his border policies.

"The answer to all these questions is no," Sauer said.

But Trump can be prosecuted for paying money to a whore to keep their affair private or hold Presidential files Biden had as a Senator?

Hilarious!!

:auiqs.jpg:
This is just for show. They will ultimately rule against him but not until after the election.

It's just for the delay.

How about the USSC just sends the case back to the lower courts until after November?

They need more information...

That is their only goal, to make sure no trials are done by Nov. Can't have that.

It has vanished as it was destined to by the current court. Roe handed the right to murder humans to doctors and females. It can't happen now unless states approve it.

Just like I said. Roe limited government intervention into private affairs.

And that's fascist because?

Dred Scott, Plessey limited individual rights. So did Dobbs.

They have more in common than they do with Roe.
There are many private affairs that Democrats have eliminated. Such as expressions that are racist. He did not say it is fascist.
Dred Scott at the time was correct.

They seem to be more concerned with a hypothetical future prosecution of some president in the nebulous future and not really interested in the facts of what's happening at the moment.

That is their only goal, to make sure no trials are done by Nov. Can't have that.
1. If its justice you want they had 4-8 years to have the trials, why wait for 2024?
2. If the USSC doesn't want to do Banana Republic show trials I commend their thoroughness.

1. If its justice you want they had 4-8 years to have the trials, why wait for 2024?
2. If the USSC doesn't want to do Banana Republic show trials I commend their thoroughness.

1. Nothing can even start to be investigated till he is out of the White House. We all know the POTUS is off limits while serving.
2. If they are nothing but show trials then he will be found not guilty in them all and it will only make him stronger. What are you people afraid of?

Forum List

Back