When a president is successfully impeached, his whole administration should leave with him

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
If we ever have a President not just impeached in one branch of Congress but by both Houses..

His whole blasted cabinet needs to go with him/her

Then there needs to be another election with the same candidate who ran b4 (against the pos one)..

OR

better yet

We could just have members of the House cast one vote for either the previous ("loser" ) candidate or some candidate chosen by the same party as the pos pres

or we could just skip all that and have the candidate who "lost" (assuming he gets, say, 40% of the vote like Clinton) take over as soon as the pos folks are impeached and gone.

Yeh, I know... politics would, as always, ruin this plan but hey... we have to do something

Last edited:
If we ever have a President not just impeached in one branch of Congress but by both Houses..

Then there needs to be another election with the same candidate who ran b4 (against the pos one)..

OR

better yet

We could just have members of the House cast one vote for either the previous ("loser" ) candidate or some candidate chosen by the same party as the pos pres

or we could just skip all that and have the candidate who "lost" (assuming he gets, say, 40% of the vote like Clinton) take over as soon as the pos folks are impeached and gone.

Yeh, I know... politics would, as always, ruin this plan but hey... we have to do something
Let's get together on the fact that impeachment is just the accuasation.

There is nothing in the constitution that says specifically what the grounds are for impeachment, so a president can be impeached for dripping mayonaise while eating a sandwich. It means nothing by itself, but it does entitle the senate to remove the president from office. There have been 3 impeachments in U.S. history and none have resulted in removal from office.

If you want to impeach the Vice President and all the Cabinet, bring charges

It only happened once when Republican Nixon and Agnew were forced to resign or face charges

OR

better yet

This is true idiocy.

Let's get together on the fact that impeachment is just the accuasation.

There is nothing in the constitution that says specifically what the grounds are for impeachment, so a president can be impeached for dripping mayonaise while eating a sandwich. It means nothing by itself, but it does entitle the senate to remove the president from office. There have been 3 impeachments in U.S. history and none have resulted in removal from office.
…four impeachments, three different presidents.

If you want to impeach the Vice President and all the Cabinet, bring charges

It only happened once when Republican Nixon and Agnew were forced to resign or face charges
I don't believe Agnew was facing impeachment, though. He was being investigated criminally. He had actually requested that impeachment proceeding be opened against him, and that request was denied...

I don't believe Agnew was facing impeachment, though. He was being investigated criminally. He had actually requested that impeachment proceeding be opened against him, and that request was denied...

Both avoided charges by resigning giving us Ford and Rockefeller

There have been 3 impeachments in U.S. history and none have resulted in removal from office.
i know that.

again, if it ever happens that both Houses impeach.. the whole damn cabinet needs to go because it is tainted by the impeached president's ideology

I am sick of waiting 2 years .. 4 years for.. for what? Potato himself said he would do nothing differently

sheez... insanity.. Doing the same thing over and over for even one year is... what? and we're talking about the preident of the US here..

and we all have to go along w/ said insanity...

Does the whole damn country have to be lost because of a handful of freaks?

i know that.

again, if it ever happens that both Houses impeach..
If ur talking about both the House of Representatives and the Senate, then we have to cite Article 1, section 2 which says that the House of Representatives "shall have the sole Power of Impeachment". However, the fact that it also says "the Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments"

the whole damn cabinet needs to go because it is tainted by the impeached president's ideology
Tainted or not, the decision as to what to do w/ the cabinet has to be done in coordination w/ the new president.

Yeah, somehow I overlooked the one where the Senate had to decide whether they wanted to remove someone from office that had already left and was not there to be removed.

It was more than removing him from office but banning him from future office

Republicans now regret it

It was more than removing him from office but banning him from future office

Republicans now regret it.
True, "disqualification to hold any office" could have come into play but the Senate said "no" just like they did w/ the colusion w/ the Ukrainians trial.

True, "disqualification to hold any office" could have come into play but the Senate said "no" just like they did w/ the colusion w/ the Ukrainians trial.

Republicans chose to look the other way and excuse Trump’s actions in both cases

They didn’t want the party to “look bad” by having their leader impeached so they chose party over country

They had multiple opportunities to break from being the “Party of Trump”
Now, they are stuck through 2024 at least.

Forum List

Back