When a president is successfully impeached, his whole administration should leave with him

Republicans chose to look the other way and excuse Trumpā€™s actions in both cases

They didnā€™t want the party to ā€œlook badā€ by having their leader impeached so they chose party over country

They had multiple opportunities to break from being the ā€œParty of Trumpā€
Now, they are stuck through 2024 at least.
Weird. U sound like ur anti-Republican, so this stuff u've discovered that's bad for the Republicans should make u feel very happy. However, u sound very angry and upset.

Weird. U sound like ur anti-Republican, so this stuff u've discovered that's bad for the Republicans should make u feel very happy. However, u sound very angry and upset.
he always sounds like that.

There's something bothering that dude.. something maybe only God knows about and hopefully he himself gets a half assed clue once in awhile..

dunno... But I never could figure out what is so hate-worthy about conservatives. We protect the unborn.. we are faithful to our spouses (I don't have one but would be faithful if i did).. obey the law, respect LEOs.. protect our children from sexualization..

why is that hate worthy?

Not sure what's happening here as I was just referring to what's in the constitution --that cabinet members are named by the president and confirmed by the senate. Are u arguing for changing the constitution?
I read the Constitution but it was quite some time ago.. don't recall reading anything about cabinets..

I read the Constitution but it was quite some time ago.. don't recall reading anything about cabinets..
huh. just read the constitution & there's no mention of the cabinet. What happened is that the constitution says is that the President--
...with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law..
My thinking is that this would apply any new president naming a new cabinet after the prior is removed from office.

If we ever have a President not just impeached in one branch of Congress but by both Houses..

His whole blasted cabinet needs to go with him/her

Then there needs to be another election with the same candidate who ran b4 (against the pos one)..

OR

better yet

We could just have members of the House cast one vote for either the previous ("loser" ) candidate or some candidate chosen by the same party as the pos pres

or we could just skip all that and have the candidate who "lost" (assuming he gets, say, 40% of the vote like Clinton) take over as soon as the pos folks are impeached and gone.

Yeh, I know... politics would, as always, ruin this plan but hey... we have to do something
I appreciate these wonderful ideas you think you have come up with, but how are you going to get the people you want to regulate to pass the constitutional amendments to get any of this implemented? That's the major flaw as I see it.

Let's get together on the fact that impeachment is just the accuasation.

There is nothing in the constitution that says specifically what the grounds are for impeachment, so a president can be impeached for dripping mayonaise while eating a sandwich. It means nothing by itself, but it does entitle the senate to remove the president from office. There have been 3 impeachments in U.S. history and none have resulted in removal from office.

Correction. There have been 4 impeachments. How quickly we forget!

he always sounds like that.

There's something bothering that dude.. something maybe only God knows about and hopefully he himself gets a half assed clue once in awhile..

dunno... But I never could figure out what is so hate-worthy about conservatives. We protect the unborn.. we are faithful to our spouses (I don't have one but would be faithful if i did).. obey the law, respect LEOs.. protect our children from sexualization..

why is that hate worthy?

Because they are owned by satan and we piss him off.

huh. just read the constitution & there's no mention of the cabinet. What happened is that the constitution says is that the President--

My thinking is that this would apply any new president naming a new cabinet after the prior is removed from office.
well, replacing the entire cabinet is certainly NOT prohibited according to t hose words in the Constitution

:)

thnks

I appreciate these wonderful ideas you think you have come up with, but how are you going to get the people you want to regulate to pass the constitutional amendments to get any of this implemented? That's the major flaw as I see it.
well, it begins as things often do begin: with ONE person. One person can call for a Constitutional amendment convention or whatever they call it

Then others would, as per usual.. debate the thing to death..

If we ever have a President not just impeached in one branch of Congress but by both Houses..

His whole blasted cabinet needs to go with him/her

Then there needs to be another election with the same candidate who ran b4 (against the pos one)..

OR

better yet

We could just have members of the House cast one vote for either the previous ("loser" ) candidate or some candidate chosen by the same party as the pos pres

or we could just skip all that and have the candidate who "lost" (assuming he gets, say, 40% of the vote like Clinton) take over as soon as the pos folks are impeached and gone.

Yeh, I know... politics would, as always, ruin this plan but hey... we have to do something
If a President is impeached......no one leaves, including him/her. You have to con-vict in the Senate first and then the VP takes over.....you know, part of their Administration.

Learn.

Oh, I thought there was possibly an interesting post here at the end

I'll learn some day

Forum List

Back