vegan, vegetarian, or just normal food?

i like

• Total voters
God will bring what he intends for mankind when he sends Jesus Christ to set things right. Until then we get to eat meat. :)

Since you added on to your post after I replied, I want to address this.

I'm actually just finishing up a video on this very topic. It should be out any day now.

You are flatly wrong, and I will show how, in that video.

Stay tuned. :p

So, Jesus ate meat because of the hardness of his heart? :omg:

God will bring what he intends for mankind when he sends Jesus Christ to set things right. Until then we get to eat meat. :)

I'm in the PETA club myself. That's in P eople E at T asty A nimals. However, that doesn't mean that I have any issues with vegans or vegetarians. buttercup can be really pushy with this sometimes I know, but she means well and I think that she's a very sweet lady, she's just sharing her beliefs so I can't really fault her for that. :)

CarlinAnnArbor is a very bright individual politically but somehow gets very offended when we don't agree with him. I'm not sure why, I never had any personal issues with him myself, but I honestly don't know why we can't just learn to agree to disagree like me and buttercup.

"Normal food" is the food God said you SHOULD be eating, not what you kill and eat to satisfy your own carnal lusts. ANYONE who calls themselves a Christian must eventually come to this point or risk the consequences that come to those who love this World more that their Creator. The "Christian" has a much greater responsibility TO GET IT RIGHT when they publicly embrace "The Name," than those who mock God

If Jesus ate it then so will I because we already know that He was sinless. I don't eat lamb though. I draw the line at wanting to eat baby animals but that's just me.

There is ZERO nutritional need for meat. That is one of the biggest misconceptions in this world.

Not only do you not need meat nutritionally, but tons of studies over a long period of time have shown that the more animal products one eats, the higher one's risk is for heart disease, heart attacks and certain types of cancer. People kill animals, and the animals people eat end up killing people, in the long run. We were never meant to eat dead bodies.

But I get it. As I've mentioned around here a number of times, I distinctly remember saying years ago "I will NEVER be a vegan or vegetarian." So I understand where you all are coming from.
You are correct, but you do have to pay attention to eating protein rich foods, and a lot of it if you are going to maintain a balanced diet. That's especially true if you are a larger human.

As for meat, that is a very broad category in terms of healthy content. A meat eater who eats only bacon and hamburgers is going to be much less healthy than one who eats only fish and turkey.

We've been over ALL this stuff you're bringing up before, numerous times. I'm not going to go over all of it again with you. If I have time, I might reply, but I know your tactics, we've been through this before. You throw all the usual objections out, sometimes rapid-fire, on purpose.

The bottom line is, you are putting YOUR stomach and stubborn refusal to grow above God's perfect will.

God's perfect will is made clear in the BEGINNING (Genesis 1:29-30) and in the END, when all of creation will return to the non-violent world of peace and harmony that was God's intent from the start. (Isaiah 11:6-9, Isaiah 65:25, etc.)

God does not change. His perfect will does not change.

What God permits in this fallen world is not the same thing as God's perfect will.

You can choose what God permits in this fallen world but grieves His heart..... I (and others like Carl and other followers of Christ) choose God's perfect will. What God actually WANTS from us, which is MERCY, love, selflessness, peace...... not selfishness, cruelty, apathy and violence.
You don't know me at all.

I'm in the PETA club myself. That's in P eople E at T asty A nimals. However, that doesn't mean that I have any issues with vegans or vegetarians. buttercup can be really pushy with this sometimes I know, but she means well and I think that she's a very sweet lady, she's just sharing her beliefs so I can't really fault her for that. :)

CarlinAnnArbor is a very bright individual politically but somehow gets very offended when we don't agree with him. I'm not sure why, I never had any personal issues with him myself, but I honestly don't know why we can't just learn to agree to disagree like me and buttercup.
Both are very judgmental (that's my judgment of them). :biggrin:

I hate to see them tie themselves in knots while I enjoy a nice steak.

I have never seen a vegetarian who looked healthy. I eat everything that tastes good, and my physique manifests that philosophy. I know of no issues I have because I eat red meat every day. I'm 74 and quite healthy.

You've never seen me then.

I'm perfectly healthy. I got to hospital all the time, almost never because of me. I did go in the last five years but that was because a wisdom tooth was on its side and it needed to be taken out. I went 20 years ago because I went swimming in a really dirty pool and I got some thing on my armpit that required antibiotics.

Other than that... I did my hamstring in a few years back and it's only now recovering, but that was more due to me messing it up way before it was ready. I bike every week, when I can, I get less colds than other people...

You've never seen me then.

I'm perfectly healthy. I got to hospital all the time, almost never because of me. I did go in the last five years but that was because a wisdom tooth was on its side and it needed to be taken out. I went 20 years ago because I went swimming in a really dirty pool and I got some thing on my armpit that required antibiotics.

Other than that... I did my hamstring in a few years back and it's only now recovering, but that was more due to me messing it up way before it was ready. I bike every week, when I can, I get less colds than other people...
I was raised on 'meat and potatoes'. Was recognized for near perfect attendance in grade school. Sat in near empty classrooms as many were out with seasonal illnesses. My health only suffered when I started smoking and partying late. When I quit smoking my good health returned. That said I have had some major health issues in my senior years, but none involve my diet per se.

I was raised on 'meat and potatoes'. Was recognized for near perfect attendance in grade school. Sat in near empty classrooms as many were out with seasonal illnesses. My health only suffered when I started smoking and partying late. When I quit smoking my good health returned. That said I have had some major health issues in my senior years, but none involve my diet per se.

Yeah, I was raised on "potatoes" and was recognized for near perfect attendance (in my last year at high school my only half day off was to go to the school I'd go to after high school for half a day). I've never smoked, stopped drinking at the age of 21.

Yeah, I was raised on "potatoes" and was recognized for near perfect attendance (in my last year at high school my only half day off was to go to the school I'd go to after high school for half a day). I've never smoked, stopped drinking at the age of 21.
I credit a strong immune system for my good health. While we ate the same food my brother and sister were often sick. But they were 'picky eaters' and fussed over this food and that. I ate everything and never could see what their problem was.

I credit a strong immune system for my good health. While we ate the same food my brother and sister were often sick. But they were 'picky eaters' and fussed over this food and that. I ate everything and never could see what their problem was.

Some people are born strong, others aren't. Has nothing to do with being a vegetarian. Vegetarians can get protein just like everyone else. I eat lots of cheese, lots of nuts...

Both are very judgmental (that's my judgment of them). :biggrin:

I hate to see them tie themselves in knots while I enjoy a nice steak.

It looks like I touched a nerve.... 😝

In all seriousness, I didn't want to offend you, but I also didn't want to avoid speaking the truth or sugarcoat it. The fact of the matter that many Christians HAVE put their physical desire for flesh above God's command to be merciful, loving, selfless, and live peacefully with others (non-violent.) I didn't mean to single you out, because it's not just you, it's 95% of all Christians. lol.

It looks like I touched a nerve.... 😝

In all seriousness, I didn't want to offend you, but I also didn't want to avoid speaking the truth or sugarcoat it. The fact of the matter that many Christians HAVE put their physical desire for flesh above God's command to be merciful, loving, selfless, and live peacefully with others (non-violent.) I didn't mean to single you out, because it's not just you, it's 95% of all Christians. lol.

I know you didn't mean any real harm. We disagree and that's already been acknowledged, but I still see no reason why we all can't be friends anyways. After all, you're still pretty friendly despite our disagreements in the past. :)

the Bible explicitly states many times that man has dominion over animals and that raising, slaughtering and eating them is a privilege bestowed on mankind
The bible also condones slavery so how many do you own?

So, Jesus ate meat because of the hardness of his heart? :omg:

So you really can't see the difference between the Iron Age and today?

A world with no refrigeration, no antibiotics, no idea of germs and bacteria contamination where most of your food came from a couple miles away is not the world we live in today.

Eating meat is no longer needed for survival the only reason to eat it is for your pleasure.

Meaningless anecdotal tripe.

Forum List

Back