vegan, vegetarian, or just normal food?

i like

• Total voters
Raccoon Torturer Sentenced

I post this here to illustrate the incredible disconnect of the commenters. They're NOT WRONG, but every one of them do no self reflection

Comments

SHE needs to suffer more than this. She deserves serious prison time
@mortalclown38123 weeks ago
We need much stronger laws for animal cruelty.
Show more replies
@ronaldbell37882 weeks ago
Anyone who intentionally inflicts pain and suffering on an innocent creature is a monster.
Show more replies
@OrderofthePipe2 weeks ago
People who are capable of this aren’t sorry for what they did. They’re sorry that they got caught.
Show more replies
User-jc7kc5ub6o10 days ago (edited)
Anyone who does such a horrific act to an animal should definitely not be trusted with children, not even their own.
Show more replies
@Dallas-Nyberg2 weeks ago
For me, the crime of animal cruelty is a truly evil act... just seeing her sitting there, knowing what she did, makes my blood boil.

Raccoon Torturer Sentenced

I post this here to illustrate the incredible disconnect of the commenters. They're NOT WRONG, but every one of them do no self reflection

Comments

SHE needs to suffer more than this. She deserves serious prison time
@mortalclown38123 weeks ago
We need much stronger laws for animal cruelty.
Show more replies
@ronaldbell37882 weeks ago
Anyone who intentionally inflicts pain and suffering on an innocent creature is a monster.
Show more replies
@OrderofthePipe2 weeks ago
People who are capable of this aren’t sorry for what they did. They’re sorry that they got caught.
Show more replies
User-jc7kc5ub6o10 days ago (edited)
Anyone who does such a horrific act to an animal should definitely not be trusted with children, not even their own.
Show more replies
@Dallas-Nyberg2 weeks ago
For me, the crime of animal cruelty is a truly evil act... just seeing her sitting there, knowing what she did, makes my blood boil.

Cognitive dissonance.

People think that as long as they don't see the cruelty of factory farming of animals that it's just fine and they use oxymoronic terms like humane slaughter but when they actually see an animal being treated cruelly they are upset.

What is the killing of trillions of animals every year for the pleasure of eating them but unnecessary cruelty.

Where there is no need there can be no justification.

Last edited:
Nope, you really don't have to kill and cook any body, dead or alive. lol. And the only reason I bring that up is because there are people who say things like "well, I kind of feel bad eating animals, but I have to, for nutrition." Well, no. You really don't have to. I'm not speaking to you personally, of course, that was a general you.

Genesis 1:29 clearly refutes that. As does Genesis 2, which (although not as direct as Gen 1:29) shows that the purpose of animals was not to be mere menu items, but to keep man company. If God truly intended animals to be food, He would have stated they are food from the very start, from beginning to end. But the opposite is the case, they were not food in the beginning (Gen. 1:29-30) and they are not in the end, when God restores that Edenic world of peace and harmony that was HIS intent in the first place (Isaiah 11:6-9, Isaiah 65:25, etc.)

God never intended humans and animals to be at each other's throats, and for the animals to live in constant fear of us. Those things are a result of the fall.

And I would not put eating corpses in the same sentence as 'healthy balanced diet', since the long-term effects of flesh eating are not good at all. As for what you said about easiest and tastiest, I think that's another big misconception. I've been vegan for 7 years, and for me it has been easy, for the most part. The only time it was slightly less than easy was when I lived in Baja and I wanted to go out to eat, as the town I lived in had no vegan restaurants. But cooking at home is easy. And the food I make is always tasty. :)

I'm glad you brought up the phrase "live and let live." I believe that too, that's precisely why I'm vegan.

One isn't "living and letting live" when you needlessly take the lives of other souls who want to live just as strongly as you and I do. Truly "living and letting live" respects everyone's autonomy, including the animals.... especially ones that are innocent and vulnerable, and look to us to take care of them, not to exploit them for our own selfish reasons.

What I never saw before I went vegan and now see so clearly is this: they trust us, we betray them.

Again, that's a general "we".... thankfully more and more people are choosing to not take part in that. I've said this before, but I'll say it again... It was the second best decision I ever made. My only regret is not doing it years sooner.

Blues Man, CarlinAnnArbor, here we go again. :tongue:
I don't see the value in eliminating these animals or confining them to zoos. Who wants to go to a zoo to see a chicken?

My food is NORMAL. What do you think is "normal"? I now eat, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruit, and some grains in moderation. That is NORMAL food.
Normal food is what you normally eat. I normally eat eggs, milk, cheese, chicken, fish, beef, turkey. I don't eat pork however. I also eat nuts, grains, fruit, and veggies.

Regarding the way animals are raised and killed, we could do better, but we could improve most things we do as well.

The "fallen" world eats bush meat. :omg:
The fallen world treats sentient creatures as a crop, not as Gods innocent creation

In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

The fallen world treats sentient creatures as a crop, not as Gods innocent creation

In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed
1Timothy 4
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
God added meat later. Thank you God. :bowdown:

the Bible explicitly states many times that man has dominion over animals and that raising, slaughtering and eating them is a privilege bestowed on mankind
Much of the world's people depended on their livestock for just about everything in those days. In some regions little has changed.

Normal food is what you normally eat. I normally eat eggs, milk, cheese, chicken, fish, beef, turkey. I don't eat pork however. I also eat nuts, grains, fruit, and veggies.

Regarding the way animals are raised and killed, we could do better, but we could improve most things we do as well.
This is how I see it. That Tyson or other big businesses do not use humane methods does not at all translate to all animal protein eaters are inhumane. Certainly all of us should demand ethical and humane treatment of all creatures and I do.

But I also know an animal or bird can live a good pleasant life right up to the moment they are quickly and humanely killed for food without fear, trauma, pain. That is how it should be. Also the chickens who bless us with excellent protein like eggs or the milk cow or goat who provide milk for the baby can be quite content in their circumstances. That is the goal we should be shooting for.

The deer quickly dispatched by the hunter's rifle and becomes healthy venison for the dinner table is likely spared the miseries of growing old and feeble until it can no longer live. (We don't put our pets through that but put them down when they have no more quality of life.) And the deer dispatched by the hunter's rifle is certainly spared the agony and suffering of being attacked and more slowly killed by wolves, coyotes, wild dogs, mountain lions etc.

Nature is often far more vicious and cruel to living things than is a quick, painless, non traumatic quick death via bullet or other humane means.

Again those eating healthy animal protein and otherwise living a healthy lifestyle live just as long and may be even healthier than the vegetarians.

There are all different ways of looking at it and each to their own.

the Bible explicitly states many times that man has dominion over animals and that raising, slaughtering and eating them is a privilege bestowed on mankind

Are you a Christian? Because what you said might be what people assume, but it is incomplete and extremely misleading.

In the beginning, when God gave mankind dominion, in the very next verse He clearly and explicitly gave us a 100% plantbased diet. That was GOD's intent from the start, for all creation.

Read it for yourself, and keep in mind, this was God's perfect will, meaning what God actually wants - as opposed to what God arguably permitted due to our hardened hearts in this corrupt world over a thousand years later.

28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”​
29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.​
(Genesis 1:28-29)​

Our "dominion" was meant to be as image-bearers of God, which means our dominion was NEVER meant to be selfish, exploitative, cruel, apathetic, or… as the animal industries have become today, diabolical.

I did a short video on this topic, if you want to take a look:

Last edited:
Are you a Christian? Because what you said might be what people assume, but it is incomplete and extremely misleading.

In the beginning, when God gave mankind dominion, in the very next verse He clearly and explicitly gave us a 100% plantbased diet. That was GOD's intent from the start, for all creation.

Read it for yourself, and keep in mind, this was God's perfect will, meaning what God actually wants - as opposed to what God arguably permitted due to our hardened hearts in this corrupt world over a thousand years later.

Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”​
29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.​

Our "dominion" was meant to be as image-bearers of God, which means our dominion was NEVER meant to be selfish, exploitative, cruel, apathetic, or… as the animal industries have become today, diabolical.

I did a short video on this topic, if you want to take a look:

So, Jesus ate meat because of the hardness of his heart? :omg:

God will bring what he intends for mankind when he sends Jesus Christ to set things right. Until then we get to eat meat. :)

So, Jesus ate meat because of the hardness of his heart?

We've been over ALL this stuff you're bringing up before, numerous times. I'm not going to go over all of it again with you. If I have time, I might reply, but I know your tactics, we've been through this before. You throw all the usual objections out, sometimes rapid-fire, on purpose.

The bottom line is, you are putting YOUR stomach and stubborn refusal to grow above God's perfect will.

God's perfect will is made clear in the BEGINNING (Genesis 1:29-30) and in the END, when all of creation will return to the non-violent world of peace and harmony that was God's intent from the start. (Isaiah 11:6-9, Isaiah 65:25, etc.)

God does not change. His perfect will does not change.

What God permits in this fallen world is not the same thing as God's perfect will.

You can choose what God permits in this fallen world but grieves His heart..... I (and others like Carl and other followers of Christ) choose God's perfect will. What God actually WANTS from us, which is MERCY, love, selflessness, peace...... not selfishness, cruelty, apathy and violence.

Forum List

Back