Is it just me or is this Spring colder than normal?

Mou

Mount Shasta is 50 miles away in Siskiyou County , Old Shasta is 8 miles west of Redding near Whiskeytown Lake

Is that on the Redding By-pass? ... the route Jefferson State Officials have to take because they're not allowed into the capital to do State business ... you know, keeps taxes low if the legislature never meets ...

The average for my AO this time of year is well into the 60s but it's not been that warm for a couple of weeks.

Looks like it's gonna warm-up next week some....Finally.

LOL.....I remember that the weather channel said it was gonna be a warmer than normal Spring.....Yeah, if their Spring started on the 7th of April.
We had a dry and cool spell blow through the upper Texas Gulf Coast and as much as I would like to say it was probably the last one, I can remember a cold front in mid-May in the late 90's. I was at a campout and we didn't have the Weather Channel app on cellphones then. I was lucky I packed one long sleeve shirt and long pants. Some of the other campers had all summer clothes in their bags.

The average for my AO this time of year is well into the 60s but it's not been that warm for a couple of weeks.

LOL.....I remember that the weather channel said it was gonna be a warmer than normal Spring.....Yeah, if their Spring started on the 7th of April.
Long term forecast that are on the weather channel every summer are a waste of time because the probability is often 60/40.

I endure the rest of the year here in Michigan just to make it to spring/summer

Hate cold weather

Cooler than usual for this time of the year here. But can’t complain it was a mild winter

My hubby and I met in college, decades and decades ago. At that time, our semester ended in late April. Every year, by that time, students were in shorts or at the very least, short sleeved shirts and etc. Since then, April is barely spring.

I finally asked a FB meteorologist and he said the delay of seasons is our form of "climate change"--we don't get true Spring until mid-May and Autumn doesn't arrive until mid-late October. Hubby and I have noted this for 20 years at least.

(FWIW, I don't believe this is "climate change" in the way it's used. I think it's just cycles of climate/weather that happen over long stretches of time)

I may have just put on a windbreaker, but I ain't complainin'.

Nah it's colder......

It’s over here , we will have a month of 80s / 90s then 4-5 months of 90s-115+in Redding
In other words, normal weather for Redding. LOL. When we lived in Modesto, I was always surprised at how much hotter the north end of the valley was. The Sac/San Joaquin delta breezes kept us slightly cooler.

In other words, normal weather for Redding. LOL. When we lived in Modesto, I was always surprised at how much hotter the north end of the valley was. The Sac/San Joaquin delta breezes kept us slightly cooler.
One day 20 years ago I turned on national broadcast Foxsnews and they said “ Redding California is the hottest place in the Nation , Redding is 118 and it just edged out Death Valley at 117 “

Forum List

Back