We are finding out just how ineffectual the remedy is when norms are shattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong again.

By displaying or permitting the display of prominent symbols of the “Stop the Steal” campaign outside his homes, Justice Alito clearly created an appearance of impropriety in violation of the Code of Conduct for Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States (hereinafter Code of Conduct) that all nine justices adopted last year. He also created reason able doubt as to his impartiality in certain proceedings, thereby requiring his disqualification in those proceedings as established by the Code of Conduct and federal law.

Progressive "Logic": Following the 1st Amendment makes Alito ineligible to be on SCOTUS while not knowing what a woman is qualifies Ketanji

what is the difference?

If I say I have a million dollars in my savings account and it turns out I only have 10k, is that a lie or an exaggeration?

I've got an even better one!

What if you claim to be a libertarian but are actually a shill for globalist technocrats?

Poor Dems...Dems this is what getting your ass whooped looks like. Cry harder you losers.
Wait, having a SC justice not recuse himself when recusal is clearly called for is what getting whooped looks like? What does one have to do with the other?

you're saying a Justice has no right to freedom of speech?

A Supreme Court judge is SUPPOSED to be above politics, and as such has no right to express partisan views. A Justice is supposed to interpret the Constitution as the Founders intended, so the lifelong appointment to the SC ends the Justice's right to express political opinions.

you calling it a 'false equivalence' is the hypocrisy.
Hypocrisy was McConnell ramming Barrett's nomination through weeks before the election after refusing to hold hearings for Garland months before the election.

Hypocrisy was McConnell ramming Barrett's nomination through weeks before the election after refusing to hold hearings for Garland months before the election.
a situation approved by the sitting Vice President, as shown in one of my previous posts.

How old are you?? 12??? The future of your nation is at stake and you're talking like a kid on the school yard. Ass whipping???

Grow the fuck up and start thinking about what happens to nations with dictators leading them.
The future of your nation is at stake
that future has been getting dimmer with every election.

dictators?

This is very interesting from a psychological standpoint. It is analogous to the "Trump LIES" Narrative. There is such a mountain of lies that have been told in the Media ABOUT Trump that it was necessary to create a Narrative that HE was the liar, and compile lists of things he said that were purported to be "lies". On closer examination, none of them actually were lies - they were exaggerations, statement of opinion, and prediction that did not turn out exactly as he expected. But still, the Narrative is safe and secure that Trump was a liar, when the actual fact was (and remains) that ten times more lies are told ABOUT Trump than he actually utters.

In this case, the conundrum is to restore the rule of law, after Trump leaves public life.

Restore the rule of law??????????

The Rule of Law is being obliterated every day with these bullshit cases - civil and criminal - AGAINST Trump! It is literally UNPRECEDENTED in any Western Democracy to have a high-level political figure prosecuted this way, based on "crimes" that had to be invented or laws mutilated SPECIFICALLY TO TARGET TRUMP! It is something that might have occurred in the old Soviet Union: Identify the target then decide what crimes to indict him for.

Un.

Fucking.

Believable.

Leftism is Evil. Never lose sight of that.

Tedious copy and paste opinion pieces from obscure websites tend to be a favorite of the ultra-leftists.

I saw no mention of New York’s Alvin Bragg retroactively changing laws to launch his Jihad aimed at Trump.

Tedious copy and paste opinion pieces from obscure websites tend to be a favorite of the ultra-leftists.
Disparaging the source of information while being intellectually unable to deal with the subject matter is a favorite tactic of Trump cultists.

-Clearer prohibitions on reprogramming funds. As part of its effort to build a wall along the southern border, the Trump administration used a national emergency declaration and the accompanying powers to reprogram funds from the Department of Defense to support the border wall project. Crucially, Congress had already considered and declined funding requests for a border wall. A revised law could explicitly prohibit all reprogramming or, more narrowly, could do so where Congress has already considered an issue and rejected the funding.

-Enhanced inspectors general protection. Inspectors general are the first bulwark of accountability—responsible for in-house oversight of the operations of the various federal agencies. Without their oversight, the executive branch has more discretion to do as it pleases.

I saw no mention of New York’s Alvin Bragg retroactively changing laws to launch his Jihad aimed at Trump.
Because such fever dreams only exist in the imagination of The Following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back