Is it just me or is this Spring colder than normal?

The average for my AO this time of year is well into the 60s but it's not been that warm for a couple of weeks.

Looks like it's gonna warm-up next week some....Finally.

LOL.....I remember that the weather channel said it was gonna be a warmer than normal Spring.....Yeah, if their Spring started on the 7th of April.

It sure is out here. We just got another 3 inches of snow yesterday.

It sure is out here. We just got another 3 inches of snow yesterday.
We got a rain/snow mix. Not really all unusual as I've Spring Gobbler hunted in a sleet storm up on the mountain before but damn that was usually a one day event and it would be in the 70s by the end of the day once the wind shifted.

We got a rain/snow mix. Not really all unusual as I've Spring Gobbler hunted in a sleet storm up on the mountain before but damn that was usually a one day event and it would be in the 70s by the end of the day once the wind shifted.
We are still six degrees below freezing. Gonna be a cold weekend.

The average for my AO this time of year is well into the 60s but it's not been that warm for a couple of weeks.

LOL.....I remember that the weather channel said it was gonna be a warmer than normal Spring.....Yeah, if their Spring started on the 7th of April.
Depends on where you are, I suppose. The inland NW seems to be very mild this winter and spring. I usually have snow on the yard at this time of year, but I have already done the first mowing of the yard and the grass is greening nicely. We've already seen 70 degrees and that is unusual.

After a warmer and drier winter, it's "normal" in the midwest.

Winter got a late start in the central Rockies, leading me to pass on ski season, right before they got a record setting February...I hear that AltaBird got just stomped, with the crush of IKON pass holders all getting in their seven days seemingly at once......Might pay the big bucks and go Deer Valley next time.

Anyway, I'm looking at dropping the snow fence today and probably rolling the dock into the water....Maybe dusting off the bike next week...Both earlier than "normal".

Last edited:

Shhh...don't jinx it!

I am NOT complaining! :D

That 95 with 90% humidity will get here soon enough.

Depends on where you are, I suppose. The inland NW seems to be very mild this winter and spring. I usually have snow on the yard at this time of year, but I have already done the first mowing of the yard and the grass is greening nicely. We've already seen 70 degrees and that is unusual.

Our winter in the Midwest brought relatively little snow but absolutely brutally cold temps -- minus 50° wind chills.

After plenty of snow and slightly higher wind chills last year.

Never can tell.

After a warmer and drier winter, it's "normal" in the midwest.

Winter got a late start in the central Rockies, leading me to pass on ski season, right before they got a record setting February...I hear that AltaBird got just stomped, with the crush of IKON pass holders all getting their seven days seemingly at once......Might pay the big bucks and go Deer Valley next time.

Anyway, I'm looking at dropping the snow fence today and probably rolling the dock into the water....Maybe dusting off the bike next week...Both earlier than "normal".
I didn't get a season pass this year and it was a good move. I have purchased next year's already though. The resort put them on sale and we got to ski the rest of this season on them. I've already been up three times on next year's pass. Our ski mountains weren't badly affected but the snow was late in coming--there seemed to be a definite snow line and it was higher than normal--maybe 4K ft. where it is normally about 2K. I've been chomping at the bit to get the bike out as well, but the dirt road is kind of wet and snotty and they haven't swept the sand off the roads yet.

Our winter in the Midwest brought relatively little snow but absolutely brutally cold temps -- minus 50° wind chills.

After plenty of snow and slightly higher wind chills last year.

Never can tell.

We only had one real cold snap and I only had to plow the driveway twice this year. Not complaining. Usually I have to plow and sand at least a dozen times over the winter.

I'm going to be visiting your area the last half of next month--I hope you have nice weather during that time. We'll be going to Shenandoah NP, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Great Smoky NP mid May and running up the coast a week or so later.

You might be springing too high when exercising and getting a false impression of gound conditions .
If you are also a tall man that just worsens matters .
Concentrate on Long rather than High jumps, OP.

Forum List

Back