USMB Coffee Shop IV

Iā€™m dealing with a fever now, so my world is a 10 by 10 space of couch and things I can reach easily. I think thereā€™s snow outside my house, but Iā€™m to ignore it for my own health.

You don't need a fever. So please call your doctor and describe symptoms if you have not already done so and take care.

Already have. He doesnā€™t seem too concerned with just a fever, no other signs.

Snow, snow, snow! We've got a pretty good cover of snow outside. It's 18 degrees, there's maybe a couple of inches of snow on the ground, but the little one is inside, because it's too cold for her out there. :lol: She went out for a bit, but her hands were freezing and she came back in. I'm worried about the dog, he hates being out in the snow, but I don't want him deciding to use the house as a bathroom.

It's supposed to get warmer tomorrow, and as high as the 50s by Friday, so the snow won't last. That's actually perfect, since no one wants to drive in it. :) Everyone has a snow day today, tomorrow it will probably be back to normal (although the schools could stay closed, I suppose).

They're just preparing us for the new series:

But there are no any full exclusive innovation in world, and cannot be! All inventors are just "Standing on the shoulders of giants". Why they have to earn exclusive profit from any new thing, consists of a work of many generation?

Talent is expressed in many ways - artistic and mechanical...and all have built upon the efforts of previous generations. Should we deny the greatness of Faberge because he didn't invent the egg, or Tolstoy because he didn't invent the words, or Tchaikovsky because he didn't invent musical instruments, or Kramskoy because he didn't invent paint?

Talent, artistic or mechanical, takes what is and makes it into something that wasn't before...or better than before. Art enriches our souls, and the mechanical, requiring no less talent and sometimes greater financial risk, enriches our physical life. Talent earns it's reward...:)...but no mechanical 'artist' has exclusive profit. Production costs, marketing and taxes spread it around. :cool:

So, it logically, individual must not to oppose society "just because he's talented". Ayn Rand telling about "parasitism" of common people, but man, who don't care about anything, society spend to grow his - a real natural parasite. I think, it's a good idea to count relations between man and society in money or in time. How much other people spent to make you as you are? Before the opposition you have to pay you debts to society...

But there are no any full exclusive innovation in world, and cannot be! All inventors are just "Standing on the shoulders of giants". Why they have to earn exclusive profit from any new thing, consists of a work of many generation?

Talent is expressed in many ways - artistic and mechanical...and all have built upon the efforts of previous generations. Should we deny the greatness of Faberge because he didn't invent the egg, or Tolstoy because he didn't invent the words, or Tchaikovsky because he didn't invent musical instruments, or Kramskoy because he didn't invent paint?

Talent, artistic or mechanical, takes what is and makes it into something that wasn't before...or better than before. Art enriches our souls, and the mechanical, requiring no less talent and sometimes greater financial risk, enriches our physical life. Talent earns it's reward...:)...but no mechanical 'artist' has exclusive profit. Production costs, marketing and taxes spread it around. :cool:

So, it logically, individual must not to oppose society "just because he's talented". Ayn Rand telling about "parasitism" of common people, but man, who don't care about anything, society spend to grow his - a real natural parasite. I think, it's a good idea to count relations between man and society in money or in time. How much other people spent to make you as you are? Before the opposition you have to pay you debts to society...

Careful here folks. No quasi 'violation' here yet, but we are edging ever closer to politics or controversy that is best dealt with in a separate thread. :) I am quick to add that I would be interested in such a topic in a separate thread, though, most especially if it could be discussed thoughtfully so if anybody starts one, please give me a heads up.

Snow, snow, snow! We've got a pretty good cover of snow outside. It's 18 degrees, there's maybe a couple of inches of snow on the ground, but the little one is inside, because it's too cold for her out there. :lol: She went out for a bit, but her hands were freezing and she came back in. I'm worried about the dog, he hates being out in the snow, but I don't want him deciding to use the house as a bathroom.

It's supposed to get warmer tomorrow, and as high as the 50s by Friday, so the snow won't last. That's actually perfect, since no one wants to drive in it. :) Everyone has a snow day today, tomorrow it will probably be back to normal (although the schools could stay closed, I suppose).

That looks interesting!

Meanwhile...I contacted Butte County spay clinic. They will spay and give her her shots she needs...all for 100 bucks. So..her appt is this coming Monday. Cats owner that claims she does not own it, will take her in and pick her up. I will be the one paying it in exchange. Owerthatisnotowner is very happy. So am I. The cat gives me joy.

Enjoying the fruits of one's labor is just one of the benefits of having a talent but it is not usually what got them started in the first place.

That looks interesting!

Probably a well done series, but it looks more consistently excruciatingly dark and depressing than I would enjoy I fear. I don't mind some tragedy in a movie but I also want my spirits lifted, to be entertained, inspired, amused, identify, and to be able to sigh happily or even cheer at the end. We recently watched "Ghost" again with my Aunt Betty who hadn't seen it. It's one of those movies with love, sex, tragedy, comedy, suspense, betrayal, violence, drama--it has it all--but leaves me very satisfied at the end.

Last edited:
FLOWERS FOR ALL THE WIMMINS!

200917_WondrousNature.jpg
100142_DaisySmiles.jpg
200295_FTD-Deep-Emotions.jpg

The dresser from hell is finished. Turned out better than I thought it would, too. No pics yet. I'm getting a sore throat and an ear ache. :(

Gonna kick back and do NOTHING until I am sure it is not the dreaded flu.

That looks interesting!

Probably a well done series, but it looks more consistently excruciatingly dark and depressing than I would enjoy I fear. I don't mind some tragedy in a movie but I also want my spirits lifted, to be entertained, inspired, amused, identify, and to be able to sigh happily or even cheer at the end. We recently watched "Ghost" again with my Aunt Betty who hadn't seen it. It's one of those movies with love, sex, tragedy, comedy, suspense, betrayal, violence, drama--it has it all--but leaves me very satisfied at the end.

Have you tried the show This Is Us? It's an emotional drama, excellently done, no violence. It has heart-wrenching moments as well as humor and fun. I highly recommend it.

How unprepared for cold weather are people where I live? There is a curfew in effect in my town from 5PM tonight until 10AM tomorrow. A couple of inches of snow, freezing weather, and everyone loses their minds! *In best Heath Ledger Joker voice*

That looks interesting!

Have you tried the show This Is Us? It's an emotional drama, excellently done, no violence. It has heart-wrenching moments as well as humor and fun. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the tip and recommendation. Currently we aren't watching any drama series, sitcoms, or such--a few competition series and national championships and world cup competitions to determine who we will see in the Olympics next month.

Iā€™m dealing with a fever now, so my world is a 10 by 10 space of couch and things I can reach easily. I think thereā€™s snow outside my house, but Iā€™m to ignore it for my own health.

You don't need a fever. So please call your doctor and describe symptoms if you have not already done so and take care.

Already have. He doesnā€™t seem too concerned with just a fever, no other signs.

You poor thing. Hopefully you get well soon and back on your feet. Make sure you get plenty of fluids and plenty of sleep.

That looks interesting!

I'm into reality shows, but not like Pawn Stars. I like Expedition Unknown, travel channel shows, cooking/food shows, etc. They are interesting and relaxing.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogoā€™s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment,
NosmoKing's cold,

And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.
Funny-winter-sign.jpg

Careful here folks. No quasi 'violation' here yet, but we are edging ever closer to politics or controversy that is best dealt with in a separate thread. :) I am quick to add that I would be interested in such a topic in a separate thread, though, most especially if it could be discussed thoughtfully so if anybody starts one, please give me a heads up.

Ok, in the case os another thread please inform me to :) Now I'm having coffee, but it's instant coffee... and some moments I like it more than naturl! :)

Forum List

Back