USMB Coffee Shop IV

3 job interviews this week. Glad it's the weekend.
The wife had a phone interview yesterday for a part time 3 month temp position making good money and she starts Feb 1. The job could turn into a permanent position so we'll see how it goes. :thup:
As for me I have found people that want to sell my work for me, wrist cuffs, dressers and possibly even my vests.

I wish I did things for enjoyment that could make me money. I just play video games, watch TV, and read. :p
The problem I had was I was always an artist who's father was an engineer type and who pounded into my head there was no money in art......... In retrospect I should have listened to my heart. Now that I have time and at least a small income I don't have to worry about bringing home the bacon every minute of every day.

Just now we had a youtube party... A several of beer and wine and different clips in our rotation! :) Just click my message and I'll post, which clip we're listening right now! :)

Make a bets, what's the three half-drunk Russians listening right now. And check it with my honest translation! :)

p.s.you may offer your clip out of queue! :)

Hmm.... For Foxfire:

:) interesting. We were just discussing on another thread a sci-fi movie that was something sort of Ground Hog Dayish I don't know if that movie is known in Russia but here it is iconic.

3 job interviews this week. Glad it's the weekend.
The wife had a phone interview yesterday for a part time 3 month temp position making good money and she starts Feb 1. The job could turn into a permanent position so we'll see how it goes. :thup:
As for me I have found people that want to sell my work for me, wrist cuffs, dressers and possibly even my vests.

I wish I did things for enjoyment that could make me money. I just play video games, watch TV, and read. :p
The problem I had was I was always an artist who's father was an engineer type and who pounded into my head there was no money in art......... In retrospect I should have listened to my heart. Now that I have time and at least a small income I don't have to worry about bringing home the bacon every minute of every day.

I just ran across this and thought of your post:
26815492_10215607696011904_1914459202814623264_n.jpg

Just now we had a youtube party... A several of beer and wine and different clips in our rotation! :) Just click my message and I'll post, which clip we're listening right now! :)

Make a bets, what's the three half-drunk Russians listening right now. And check it with my honest translation! :)

Hmm.... For Foxfire:

:) interesting. We were just discussing on another thread a sci-fi movie that was something sort of Ground Hog Dayish I don't know if that movie is known in Russia but here it is iconic.

Oh, offcourse I like Ground Hog Dayish.. What sci-fi film you're discussing, an Edge of Tomorrow? :)

Hmm.... For Foxfire:

Oh, offcourse I like Ground Hog Dayish.. What sci-fi film you're discussing, an Edge of Tomorrow? :)

That's the one. :) I haven't seen it but it was a favorite of a lot of folks on that thread.

Hmm.... For Foxfire:

That's the one. :) I haven't seen it but it was a favorite of a lot of folks on that thread.

There was apparently a Ground Hog Day-ish horror movie released recently, called Happy Death Day. I haven't seen it, but it's gotten pretty good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and it apparently has made over $100 million worldwide on just a $5 million budget.

Hmm.... For Foxfire:

There was apparently a Ground Hog Day-ish horror movie released recently, called Happy Death Day. I haven't seen it, but it's gotten pretty good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and it apparently has made over $100 million worldwide on just a $5 million budget.

There was an awesome Soviet movie with time-loop idea - "Mirror for the Hero" (Zerkalo dlya geroya (1988) - IMDb), very athmospheric movie both about 1987 and 1949 years "somewhere at Donetsk" :) Not easy, but athmospheric film...
I heared about Happy Death Day, but lost it in cinema and waiting it at torrents in good quality :)

There was an awesome Soviet movie with time-loop idea - "Mirror for the Hero" (Zerkalo dlya geroya (1988) - IMDb)

Yeah, very good one, I remember it too.

Hey Comrade! Happy that you came back. You should do that more often. :)

Hey, Foxfyre! Why, I am always here :)

But you are huddled behind the potted plant in the corner hoping nobody would notice? :) Just teasing. Seriously I'm happy you read in and post now and then too.

tumblr_kyumo53aFf1qzr6txo1_500.png

But you are huddled behind the potted plant in the corner hoping nobody would notice?

Yes, sure, what did you expect from a Russian spy on an American forum? :)

Ha-ha, it's a difference between generations too :) I'm not a spy, I'm an troll from Putin's School of Trolls somewhere near St.Petersburg (I know only Pulkovo, Kupchino and Murino , but Troll school is somewhere else :)))

Thursday I will be getting my pacemaker changed out. The battery is low and they replace the whole pacemaker instead of just the battery. The battery last for nearly 5 years. This will be my second time having a pacemaker replaced. It’s a pretty simple procedure. They take you to the OR, give you enough gas so you get a good nap, change it out and wake you up. It’s an outpatient procedure and if all goes well they will keep me there for a few hours after the change out and send me home. Should be a walk in the park. I asked for one that would also let me listen to music on my iPhone and function as a GPS so I would always know where I was. We shall see what the doctors come up with.

Thursday I will be getting my pacemaker changed out. The battery is low and they replace the whole pacemaker instead of just the battery. The battery last for nearly 5 years. This will be my second time having a pacemaker replaced. It’s a pretty simple procedure. They take you to the OR, give you enough gas so you get a good nap, change it out and wake you up. It’s an outpatient procedure and if all goes well they will keep me there for a few hours after the change out and send me home. Should be a walk in the park. I asked for one that would also let me listen to music on my iPhone and function as a GPS so I would always know where I was. We shall see what the doctors come up with.

Yeah no pacemakers at our house. . .yet. . .but both Aunt Betty and Dana had one before Dana's heart transplant--they took out her pacemaker and then heart pump when they put the new healthy heart in. But the routines to service them were, well, pretty routine.

But you remain on our vigil list just the same. :)

Forum List

Back