Zone1 What are the primary reasons people are anti-Catholic-poll

What are the primary reasons people are anti-Catholic

• 7 Catholicism is too old a religion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Some made bad decisions and some were flat out evil.
All of them have openly perpetuated the brazen lie that the Word of God, manna from heaven, the food of angels, the very flesh of Jesus, can be made by human hands and then handed out and eaten like a cheap snack food after a priest goes hocus-pocus! presto-mundo! Alakazam!

If scripture is true then every other stupid decision they make is made in complete blindness...

Last edited:
And as they were eating, he took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to them, and said, “Take; this is my body.”
In the gospel according to John Judas is the only one given bread at the last supper, as a way for Jesus to identify his betrayer to the others......

"And as soon as Judas received the bread, Satan entered him" John 13:27

And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, and they all drank of it. 24 And he said to them, “This is my blood of the[a] covenant,

"Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; For they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink"

Because God loved the Roman world so much he became a little baby boy so they could torture and crucify him as a perfect human sacrifice so 'believers' who celebrate his death and solemnly eat him can sin with impunity and remain assholes for life. Who wouldn't love a mangod like that!

sniff sniff. :crying:

Last edited:
No, it's single most consistent ceremony worldwide. It's the one thing that separates Catholicism from other Christian sects.

A person in Texas will hear the same readings, Gospels etc as someone in Pennsylvania, Rome, Japan, South America and so forth on a weekly basis.

And I've personally been to masses both here and in Europe - MANY TIMES - and other than the language it is the SAME CEREMONY.

Most priests are not bound by vows of poverty. Piety yes - meaning they should not splurge in excess, etc but poverty no.

Nuns, Monks and some Priestly sects do have vows of poverty but the majority of priests do not.
Ummmm
This has definitely NOT been my experience.
Readings are one thing....but how the religion is expressed is a "ho nudder cridder".
And that is what I'm speaking of.

You can try to subject shift all you wish...but the truth still remains. American Catholics have way too many ordinances, talismans, procedures, requisite phrases, and etc that keep those unchurched people from ever stepping foot inside a church.

If you are in Europe and express an interest in attending services to an acquaintance they immediately go into helping you to feel welcomed, accepted, and desired. Before anything remotely complicated happens the procedure is fully explained to you in easy to understand terms and what it means.

This completely doesn't happen in the USA. You are browbeat for not knowing or understanding. And the complicated things you are expected to fully participate in while being ridiculed for not knowing what to do or say.

The Catholic Churches everywhere else in the world are more like the non-denominational churches in America....and in the non-denominational priest/pastor will be dressed without a fancy hat or collar or coat/robe. Just regular clothes.

Special beads? Special necklaces and medallions? Touching special water? Making special hand gestures? Unique phrases? None of that is necessary in non-denominational churches....even knowledge of who was who in history of the church is needed.

In America:
You go into the confessional because you were forced into it...the priest blasts you because you don't know what to say...then gives out penance? And act of contrition? What's penance and what"s contrition? Then what's an "our father"? Or a "hail Mary"? What's with all the guilt trippin anyway?
Then there's the extremely elaborate church....man oh man is the construction of this place and the furnishings expensive. What's with all the candles? People seem to be lighting them for some reason.
Share a cup of drinking something? I DONT KNOW THESE PEOPLE! I don't even like drinking after my wife much less some snotty nosed kid that looks like he carries every disease possible. And then the priest's helper shoves a disk on a pike at my throat while the priest then shoves a cracker in my mouth....but I'm expected to hold still? I'm ready to duck and cover instead.

And Catholics are supposed to be the "general/generic" church? Cut me some slack here! Nothing is as you suggest.

merican Catholics have way too many ordinances, talismans, procedures, requisite phrases, and etc that keep those unchurched people from ever stepping foot inside a church.

People stay outside the CC because of a plethora of personal reasons, one of which is they think they are just fine w/o the Church Christ established. Of course they don't believe it is the Church Christ established.. The devil doesn't want them to know. And as Jesus said, most do not find the Narrow Way to Heaven... The devil is largely to blame for that. But people are also to blame for listening to the *^%$#.

You say the Church has too many.. "taliman's, procedures..." etc..

But what about something else the Church has?

We have the Real Presence of Christ Himself... and believe me, that Presence... wait, I mean to say that JESUS

is far more "Interesting" than anyone knows.. He has far more to show us while in this Presence than anyone knows, even devout Catholics who spend time there... But then, you don't know anything about that so I guess I'm talking to a wall.

In any case, Jesus lives in His Church.. amazing. And yes, he is there in the midst of 2 or more gathered in his name... but in the CC He is there when you are ALONE (w/o humans around)

In any case, Jesus lives in His Church.. amazing. And yes, he is there in the midst of 2 or more gathered in his name... but in the CC He is there when you are ALONE (w/o humans around)
And he called out with a mighty voice,

“Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling for demons, a haunt for every unclean spirit, for every vile and loathsome beast and bird. For all nations have drunk deep of the fierce wine of her fornication; the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and merchants the world over have grown rich on her bloated wealth "

Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins, and share in her plagues; for her sins are piled high as heaven, and God has not forgotten her crimes."

Last edited:
People stay outside the CC because of a plethora of personal reasons, one of which is they think they are just fine w/o the Church Christ established. Of course they don't believe it is the Church Christ established.. The devil doesn't want them to know. And as Jesus said, most do not find the Narrow Way to Heaven... The devil is largely to blame for that. But people are also to blame for listening to the *^%$#.

You say the Church has too many.. "taliman's, procedures..." etc..

But what about something else the Church has?

We have the Real Presence of Christ Himself... and believe me, that Presence... wait, I mean to say that JESUS

is far more "Interesting" than anyone knows.. He has far more to show us while in this Presence than anyone knows, even devout Catholics who spend time there... But then, you don't know anything about that so I guess I'm talking to a wall.

I don't attend Catholic churches in America....I'm such a fish out of water in them it's insane. But now place me in a non-denominational or SBC church in America and its a whole nudder cridder again. I know what is necessary (not much) nothing there to make me feel uncomfortable except maybe what the preacher is saying and I know that reason....I'm guilty!

And I do know Jesus....I can introduce him to you if you like. But it's crazy scary....just saying.

Now....in all seriousness....I know that there are many Catholics very well intentioned and take their faith seriously. I get that you believe that it's the "only" church that belongs to Jesus....I'm not so convinced. And I have scriptures and world travel to confirm my beliefs. I've "preached" in these various places....ALL receive the same messages the same way....and it's not confusing for them. Very very simple and direct. And I see their passion for God being no different from mine. I can't see God not honoring that passion.

So....
All I'm suggesting to the Catholics is to maybe remove some of these blockages to God. A building so fancy no one feels comfortable....a set of convoluted practices that no one understands....it's keeping the mildly and even earnestly curious out.

No, it's single most consistent ceremony worldwide. It's the one thing that separates Catholicism from other Christian sects.

A person in Texas will hear the same readings, Gospels etc as someone in Pennsylvania, Rome, Japan, South America and so forth on a weekly basis.

And I've personally been to masses both here and in Europe - MANY TIMES - and other than the language it is the SAME CEREMONY.

Most priests are not bound by vows of poverty. Piety yes - meaning they should not splurge in excess, etc but poverty no.

Nuns, Monks and some Priestly sects do have vows of poverty but the majority of priests do not.
As their "flock" calls them "father", they could be considered single parents.

I was baptized Catholic, but growing up I attended many different protestant denominations.

I don't agree with Catholics belief that only Catholics are saved, that is at least what my Catholic side of my family taught me growing up and what they believed. My Catholic family members truly believed if you weren't Catholic you would fry in hell, even our Priest told me that as a kid.

Although baptized Catholic, as a kid I enjoyed going to many protestant churches and studying their denominations. I also enjoyed religious studies and reading the Torah, Quran, Bhagavad Gita, The Buddhist Handbook, The Way of the Tao, Guru Granth Sahib, The Book of the Law, The Dead Sea Scrolls, The Book of the Dead, etc.

I don't just listen to Priests and Ministers giving lectures, but I also listen to Rabbi's and Imam's. Besides being a Christian and going to church I also have professed my belief in Muhammed in front of witnesses and love reading the Quran.

I was baptized Catholic, but I see other Christian denominations and other religions adding great value to the understanding of God... So I enjoy studying as many religions I possibly can to understand GOD.

Last edited:
And yet here you are still with issues.

ding1.jpg

J/K, but :funnyface:

I don't agree with Catholics belief that only Catholics are saved, that is at least what my Catholic side of my family taught me growing up and what they believed. My Catholic family members truly believed if you weren't Catholic you would fry in hell, even our Priest told me that as a kid.
Whereas the priests and nuns where I went to school were teaching us of the love God has for all. Sure, Catholics follow the way of Salvation as Christ and the apostles taught, but that does not mean members of the Body of Christ who give this and or that a pass, are headed for hell. It means they are headed into the hands of a merciful and loving God--and that is the fate of non-Christians as well.

Sure, Catholics follow the way of Salvation as Christ and the apostles taught, but that does not mean members of the Body of Christ who give this and or that a pass, are headed for hell.
Anyone who professes to 'believe' that the Body of Christ is a matzo made by human hands that must be worshipped and eaten to receive eternal life, and teaches others to do the same, is already in hell. No one is "headed for hell" you are either in it or not. Your idolatry is a violation of Divine Law and a vile desecration of the teaching of Jesus, which is The Actual Body of Christ.

I will tell you something. Try to hear.

In the very day that you first got down on your knees in the deranged adoration of a lifeless matzo, decades ago, you died and descended into hell, the netherworld, the realm of the dead.

YOU HAVE YOUR REWARD ALREADY.

Last edited:
Anyone who professes to 'believe' that the Body of Christ is a matzo made by human hands that must be worshipped and eaten to receive eternal life, and teaches others to do the same, is already in hell. No one is "headed for hell" you are either in it or not. Your idolatry is a violation of Divine Law and a vile desecration of the teaching of Jesus, which is The Actual Body of Christ.

I will tell you something. Try to hear.

In the very day that you first got down on your knees in the deranged adoration of a lifeless matzo, decades ago, you died and descended into hell, the netherworld, the realm of the dead.

YOU HAVE YOUR REWARD ALREADY.
Then it has been--and continues to be--some reward. Perhaps understand the Bread of the Presence before starting in on Christ and the Eucharist. I don't expect you to agree with either the Old Testament or the New, but the two do meld together.

Then it has been--and continues to be--some reward. Perhaps understand the Bread of the Presence before starting in on Christ and the Eucharist. I don't expect you to agree with either the Old Testament or the New, but the two do meld together.
Unless the teachings of Jesus are in you, Words that are both Spirit and life, the same teaching that Jesus received from God like bread from heaven that form the Body of Christ, (the body of his teaching), and act on it, there is no life in you, no presence, except for a spirit of perversity.

Ummmm
This has definitely NOT been my experience.
Readings are one thing....but how the religion is expressed is a "ho nudder cridder".
And that is what I'm speaking of.

You can try to subject shift all you wish...but the truth still remains. American Catholics have way too many ordinances, talismans, procedures, requisite phrases, and etc that keep those unchurched people from ever stepping foot inside a church.

If you are in Europe and express an interest in attending services to an acquaintance they immediately go into helping you to feel welcomed, accepted, and desired. Before anything remotely complicated happens the procedure is fully explained to you in easy to understand terms and what it means.

This completely doesn't happen in the USA. You are browbeat for not knowing or understanding. And the complicated things you are expected to fully participate in while being ridiculed for not knowing what to do or say.

The Catholic Churches everywhere else in the world are more like the non-denominational churches in America....and in the non-denominational priest/pastor will be dressed without a fancy hat or collar or coat/robe. Just regular clothes.

Special beads? Special necklaces and medallions? Touching special water? Making special hand gestures? Unique phrases? None of that is necessary in non-denominational churches....even knowledge of who was who in history of the church is needed.

In America:
You go into the confessional because you were forced into it...the priest blasts you because you don't know what to say...then gives out penance? And act of contrition? What's penance and what"s contrition? Then what's an "our father"? Or a "hail Mary"? What's with all the guilt trippin anyway?
Then there's the extremely elaborate church....man oh man is the construction of this place and the furnishings expensive. What's with all the candles? People seem to be lighting them for some reason.
Share a cup of drinking something? I DONT KNOW THESE PEOPLE! I don't even like drinking after my wife much less some snotty nosed kid that looks like he carries every disease possible. And then the priest's helper shoves a disk on a pike at my throat while the priest then shoves a cracker in my mouth....but I'm expected to hold still? I'm ready to duck and cover instead.

And Catholics are supposed to be the "general/generic" church? Cut me some slack here! Nothing is as you suggest.
I'm not sure if you're confused or speaking about non denominational Churches in Europe but THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH in Europe has the same exact procedures and ceremonies as THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH in the USA.

Unless the teachings of Jesus are in you, Words that are both Spirit and life, the same teaching that Jesus received from God like bread from heaven that form the Body of Christ, (the body of his teaching), and act on it, there is no life in you, no presence, except for a spirit of perversity.

You boldly state that you "Always do as God commands" but are too blind to see that your continuous judgement of others for beliefs other than your own is how you too will be judged.

Last edited:
You boldly state that you "Always do as God commands" but are too blind to see that your continual judgement of others for beliefs other than your own is how you too will be judged.
Thanks for your concern. I'm ok with that. What I have revealed I too had to accept... and act on.

If I have said anything amiss, prove me in the wrong. You can't because my judgements are just.

"In truth, anyone who gives heed to what I say and puts his trust in him who sent me has hold of eternal life, and does not come up for judgment, but has already passed from death to life"

I have made it known where right and wrong and judgment lie proving Jesus right. Listen or don't

My hands have been washed clean.

Last edited:
Thanks for your concern. I'm ok with that. What I have revealed I too had to accept... and act on.

If I have said anything amiss, prove me in the wrong. You can't because my judgements are just.

"In truth, anyone who gives heed to what I say and puts his trust in him who sent me has hold of eternal life, and does not come up for judgment, but has already passed from death to life"

I have made it known where right and wrong and judgment lie proving Jesus right. Listen or don't

My hands have been washed clean.
Isaiah 58: (Pay attention to the sentences in bold)

“Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please
and exploit all your workers.
4 Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife,
and in striking each other with wicked fists.

You cannot fast as you do today
and expect your voice to be heard on high.

5 Is this the kind of fast I have chosen,
only a day for people to humble themselves?
Is it only for bowing one’s head like a reed
and for lying in sackcloth and ashes?
Is that what you call a fast,
a day acceptable to the Lord?

6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness[a] will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.

9 Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.

11 The Lord will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.
12 Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.

“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,

Blessed are those who hunger to see righteousness prevail. They have been satisfied.

You will never understand a Word that I said until you learn to say, Baruch haba b'Shem Adonai.

Blessed are they who hunger to see righteousness prevail. They will be satisfied.

You will never understand a word that I said until you learn to say, Baruch haba b'Shem Adonai.
Matthew 5

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Forum List

Back