Thought For The Day by John Jaeger, MBA

Wednesday, May 24

Several quotes combine to accentuate a single thought.

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor." --George Washington

"Morality is the necessary spring of popular government.... Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without Christianity." - - George Washington

“It can not be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians, not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ!” - Patrick Henry

"No purpose of action against religion can be imputed to any legislation, state or national, because this is a religious people.... This is a Christian nation." --U.S. Supreme Court (1892)

Thursday May 25

1685021446625.png

“In 1950, we spent (in 1989 dollars) $1,333 per student. In 1989 we spent $4931. As John Silber, the President of Boston University, has written, ‘It is troubling that this nearly fourfold increase in real spending has brought no improvement. It is scandalous that it has not prevented substantial decline.’ ” – William J. Bennett, former Secretary of Education, in The De-Valuing of America

“America is like a healthy body, and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within.” – Joseph Stalin

“In 1950, we spent (in 1989 dollars) $1,333 per student. In 1989 we spent $4931. As John Silber, the President of Boston University, has written, ‘It is troubling that this nearly fourfold increase in real spending has brought no improvement. It is scandalous that it has not prevented substantial decline.’ ” – William J. Bennett, former Secretary of Education, in The De-Valuing of America

You'd think he had some awareness of inflation and time value of money. He sounds like a stupid guy.

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it" - Max Planck (winner of the 1918 Nobel Prize in physics for quantum theory )

[Evolution, Climate Change Cult]

"The belief in a God All Powerful wise and good, is so essential to the moral order of the world and to the happiness of man, that arguments which enforce it cannot be drawn from too many sources nor adapted with too much solicitude to the different characters and capacities impressed with it." --James Madison

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." - Benjamin Franklin

Substitute "Democrats" for "masters." Perfect today. Perfect, as corruption and viciousness in the streets run rampant, thanks to Democrat "masters" such as Biden, Obama, Soros, Facebook, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, New York Times.........

It’s so cute watching the inhuman shitstain “NotFooledByW” sputter about

I love living in my abortion free state, and will continue to pray

Substitute "Democrats" for "masters." Perfect today. Perfect, as corruption and viciousness in the streets run rampant, thanks to Democrat "masters" such as Biden, Obama, Soros, Facebook, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, New York Times.........

{Cplus6 #8,287 to nf #8,286 } “It’s so cute watching the inhuman shitstain “NotFooledByW” sputter about in abject apoplexy and failure as his favorite murder weapon gets banned, as more and more states ban the killing he so wants to see happen.”

{ ohplease jstqvt #8,288 to Cplus6 #8,287 } “I love living in my abortion free state, and will continue to pray that more and more states follow in our footsteps, NotfooledbyW

08292 nfbw #8,292 to jstqvt #8,288 Have you thanked James Madison ¥ OhPleaseJustQuit ¥ for your freedom and right to pray on team Trump/Jesus according to your conscience? •••• Do you think the millions of Christians on Team Biden/Jesus who pray that Madison’s freedom of conscience be returned to pregnant women who live in states where Separation of Church and State is no longer respected and a tyranny of white Trump/Christian majority for the moment prevails? HOPEFULLY NOT FOR LONG:
Republicans barreling toward 'unmitigated political disaster': Politico 230414^a

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

“No man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever. “Thomas Jefferson​

Killing innocent, unborn babies purely for convenience is evil.

{ nfbw #73 } to all the above:

All the references to God and religion come through Judaism. The same God breathes the soul into human beings at first breath. Jews are not evil for believing what God revealed to them, are they.

Jews do not believe in original sin / neither did Washington Adam’s Jefferson Madison or Benjamin Franklin - The founders were rational theists - Washington was a Mason.

Christianity is not much a religion without original sin,

MADISON is my favorite rational theist/founder.

CarsomyrPlusSix is an irrational atheist. There is nothing more irrational than asserting it is not possible for God to exist .

Here is Madison’s preferred text of the first amendment free exercise clause That he presented during the constitutional convention

"The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established, nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner, or on any pretext infringed” James Madison.​

A Jewish woman has a right of conscience that on any context shall not be infringed / that must be to terminate an unwanted pregnancy in privacy for her health and financial well being.

Last edited:
I do not 100% agree with everything he says but this is about as close as I've seen anyone argue my position.

Golarz: Time for Christians to 'drop the stone' in passing judgment on abortion
Bumped for you ChemEngineer

The Herald-Times
Opinion

Golarz: Time for Christians to 'drop the stone' in passing judgment on abortion​

Ray Golarz
Fri, June 2, 2023 at 5:17 AM EDT·3 min read
Though I have never been present at an abortion, I have experienced, in my life’s work, the back alley rooms after the abortive act — the bloodied tables, the flies and roaches, and the nauseating stench.

Raymond Golarz

Raymond Golarz
Much of my work had been tending to that segment of American humanity that we call the poor. In my many years of work with them I found only kindness, shyness, and a hunger for human respect. Of those I worked with, some aborted. Did they thus commit murder? We can’t say that since no human being knows at which point a fetus or unborn becomes a human being with an everlasting soul.

The universe is not "pointless" (Steven Weinberg), Earth merely "a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark," (Carl Sagan) and human existence "just a more-or-less farcical outcome of a chain of accidents" (Steven Weinberg). On the contrary, the evidence we can uncover from our Earthly home points to a universe that is designed for life, and designed for discovery. – Synopsis of The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery, by Guillermo Gonzalez and Jay Richards

Last edited:
Catholic view
Library : The Relevance of Thomas Jefferson
The Relevance of Thomas Jeffers1n by Donald J. D'Elia

Radical Individualism
Locke's—and Jefferson's—hedonistic utilitarianism is presupposed in the Declaration, as are social and political atomism, all manifestations of that Protestant individualism which was elaborated and radicalized by Jefferson into the first principle of his thought. Just as Locke's Sensism in his Essay Concerning Human Understanding (1690)—his nominalistic teaching that knowledge is merely the perception of the agreement or disagreement of ideas (sensations)—developed logically into the skepticism of David Hume, so Locke's social and political nominalism led to the radical individualism of Jefferson and his modern followers.

Nominalism is of concern to many pastors, preachers, and Christian theologians, as it appears to be on the rise today. Many identify themselves as Christians, but the overall impact of Christianity in the West is not what it once was. But what causes nominalism? Why do people prefer a nominal or in-name-only type of Christianity?​
One possible reason is that nominal religion is easy. It does not require a changed life. A nominal Christian can point to membership in a church as evidence of his salvation. Church attendance and participation in routines, activities, and programs become the measuring stick rather than a changed life, a new heart, a love for God, and obedience to the Word (see 2 Corinthians 5:17; John 14:23).​

Lockean Defenses of Abortion Rights
James Bowers applies Lockean principles in offering a position that he takes to be both pro-choice and anti-abortion.15 He defends abortion rights for the following reasons: (1) Locke advocates limited government
for the sake of individual liberty; (2) if a choice to abort is not private, then neither is a right to give birth, so that a government mandate to abort would be logically as justified as a mandate to give birth, and (3) beliefs about when personal life begins “almost always” rely upon particular “theological” conceptions, so that opposing abortion on the basis of such beliefs is tantamount to “imposing” religion on the “civic community,” which violates Locke’s emphasis on religious liberty.

ref l1cke

At the same time, he claims to be anti-abortion, since minimized government would discourage public funding for abortions.In fact, Bowers expects that Locke would permit government attempts to persuade against abortion, even on religious grounds, though only apart from imposing these convictions through the coercive force of law.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - President John Adams,
Writing to Jefferson in 1816 about a recent revival of the Catholic order of the Jesuits, Adams wrote,

"This Society has been a greater Calamity to Mankind than the French Revolution or Napoleans Despotism or Ideology. It has obstructed the Progress of Reformation and the Improvements of the human Mind in Society much longer and more fatally."​

No matter how far you have gone on a wrong road, turn back. - Turkish Proverb

[Democrats never turn back. ]

"There are no detailed Darwinian accounts for the evolution of any fundamental biochemical or cellular system, only a variety of wishful speculations." - James Shapiro, biochemist, University of Chicago

Forum List

Back