Thought For The Day by John Jaeger, MBA

".... no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end." - Ecclesiastes 3:11

"There is an infinite amount of research to do." - Scientists, eager for an infinite amount of government grants, confirming Ecclesiastes 3:11

"One hundred years from my day there will not be a bible in the earth except one that is looked upon by an antiquarian curiosity seeker." - Voltaire, 1694 - 1778

The Holy Bible is the best-selling book in the world two hundred fifty years later.

There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity.— Nathaniel Branden, Canadian Psychotherapist

"Experts and the educated elite have...replaced what worked with
what sounded good. Society was far more civilized before they took
over our schools, prisons, welfare programs, police departments
and courts. It's high time we ran these people out of our lives

and went back to common sense." -- The Late Walter Williams, Economics Professor, George Mason Univesity

"Morality is the necessary spring of popular government.... Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without Christianity." - - George Washington

Homosexual perversion, molesting and grooming children, and transgender insanity are the worst kind of immorality and destructiveness.

transvestites brainwashing children.jpg

"The science to which I pinned my faith is bankrupt. Its counsels, which should have established the millennium, have led directly to the suicide of Europe. I believed them once. In their name I helped to destroy the faith of millions. And now they look at me and witness the great tragedy of an atheist who has lost his faith." - George Bernard Shaw, lifelong atheist until just before his death, 1950, Too True to Be Good
Modify message

If atheism is so "rational" and "scientific," then why do atheists leave their beliefs more frequently than any other religion? The U.S. Supreme Court declared that atheism is a religion. - Torcaso v. Watkins, 367 U.S. 488 (1961)

atheists leave more.jpg

"For me, and I suspected for a growing number of young people, I had to divest myself of the “silly” ideas instilled in me by science, not religion; in the twenty-first century, science, not the Church, is the oppressor that champions a worldview that has to be cast off." – George Stanciu, St. John’s College

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

"The science to which I pinned my faith is bankrupt. Its counsels, which should have established the millennium, have led directly to the suicide of Europe. I believed them once. In their name I helped to destroy the faith of millions. And now they look at me and witness the great tragedy of an atheist who has lost his faith." - George Bernard Shaw, lifelong atheist until just before his death, 1950, Too True to Be Good
Modify message
I will have to research the later years of GB Shaw... this was interesting... thanks

It is a sin to worry. Let God do your worrying for you. Lay your worries on Him. - D. James Kennedy, PhD

" In Heaven, there will be no law, and the lion will lie down with the lamb…. The worse the society, the more law there will be. In Hell, there will be nothing but law, and due process will be meticulously observed.” - Professor Grant Gilmore (1977 lecture)

Due process is meticulously observed here in USMB. It is far more like hell than heaven. The value of any message is a very distant second to "following the rules." Nor can you correct your previous transgression, however minor or trivial. That would violate the "fresh start" rule and we all know how awful that would be for everyone involved.....

"I've come to believe there is little, if any, honesty in the media, and ethic is a word they are totally unfamiliar with." --Ronald Reagan

This was said at a time long before the media slid deep into the cesspool of lies and being lackeys for Democrats.

"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries." ~Dr. Robert Jastrow

"The system of revealed truth which this Book [the Bible] contains is like that of the universe, concealed from common observation yet...the centuries have established its Divine origin." –Sir Isaac Newton

(How much more so since Isaac Newton's time......)

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, Jan 30, 1787

"The system of revealed truth which this Book [the Bible] contains is like that of the universe, concealed from common observation yet...the centuries have established its Divine origin." –Sir Isaac Newton

I cannot believe that our existence in this universe is a mere quirk of fate, an accident of history, an incidental blip in the great cosmic drama… Through conscious beings the universe has generated self-awareness. This can be no trivial detail, no minor by-product of mindless, purposeless forces. We are truly meant to be here. (Paul Davies, The Mind of God, Simon & Schuster, New York, 1992, p 232)

Forum List

Back